User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 118

Thread: JESUS: "Behold, I Stand At The Door And Knock" Rev. 3:20.

  1. #16
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,181
    Thanks
    1,369
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 1,070 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    315279
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    All Christ's work.....none of our overcoming sin in there.
    How nice. So we receive a reward for something we didn't do?

    That's crazy.

  2. #17
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,577
    Thanks
    12,160
    Thanked 13,951 Times in 11,157 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147794
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    How nice. So we receive a reward for something we didn't do?

    That's crazy.
    Have you overcome your sin nature?
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  3. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 12th, 2017)

  4. #18
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,206
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 1,007 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    313662
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Is that why the Spirit inspired Peter to say, "Repent and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins" (Acts 2:38)

    Are we required to repent of sins that were abolished in 30 CE before we were born?

    All of the requirements for our salvation have already been met by the doing and the dying of Jesus.

    We are "Complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

  5. #19
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,181
    Thanks
    1,369
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 1,070 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    315279
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Have you overcome your sin nature?
    glorydaz said, "All Christ's work.....none of our overcoming sin in there."

    Do you believe that?

    Pate thinks we are saved by Jesus' dying, do you believe that?

  6. #20
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,548
    Thanks
    6,696
    Thanked 23,375 Times in 11,807 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147719
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    How nice. So we receive a reward for something we didn't do?

    That's crazy.
    I don't know what reward you think you will receive when it was nothing you did...nor could you do.

    The verses you presented pointed to Christ's work....not yours.

  7. #21
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,181
    Thanks
    1,369
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 1,070 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    315279
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I don't know what reward you think you will receive when it was nothing you did...nor could you do.

    The verses you presented pointed to Christ's work....not yours.
    I'll help you.

    "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works." (Matthew 16:27)

    Who does the pronoun his refer to? Christ's work or our work?

    "I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door and no one can shut it for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name." (Revelation 3:8)

    "The nations were angry and Your wrath has come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints" (Revelation 11:18)

  8. #22
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,206
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 1,007 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    313662
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    I'll help you.

    "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works." (Matthew 16:27)

    Who does the pronoun his refer to? Christ's work or our work?

    "I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door and no one can shut it for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name." (Revelation 3:8)

    "The nations were angry and Your wrath has come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints" (Revelation 11:18)

    The four and twenty elders cast their crowns upon the throne of Jesus in Revelation 4:10,11.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 12th, 2017)

  10. #23
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,548
    Thanks
    6,696
    Thanked 23,375 Times in 11,807 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147719
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    I'll help you.

    "For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works." (Matthew 16:27)

    Who does the pronoun his refer to? Christ's work or our work?

    "I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door and no one can shut it for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name." (Revelation 3:8)

    "The nations were angry and Your wrath has come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that You should reward Your servants the prophets and the saints" (Revelation 11:18)
    I'll help you. None of those verses speak of the members of the body of Christ.

    You've just gone from claiming you have overcome sin to being judged under the law. Sounds to me like you have willing placed yourself under the law, and have, therefore, rejected the Grace of God.



    Those who stand before the Great White Throne will be JUDGED according to their works. They are unbelievers, and those who trust in their own works.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Right Divider (October 18th, 2017)

  12. #24
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,181
    Thanks
    1,369
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 1,070 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    315279
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Those who stand before the Great White Throne will be JUDGED according to their works. They are unbelievers, and those who trust in their own works.
    Their works at that time. Salvation is open to them.

    This is the primary resurrection.

  13. #25
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,181
    Thanks
    1,369
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 1,070 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    315279
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Those who stand before the Great White Throne will be JUDGED according to their works. They are unbelievers, and those who trust in their own works.
    They are judged by their works at that time.

    Death is the penalty for sin.

    Their death paid their penalty and they are freed from their sins.

  14. #26
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,181
    Thanks
    1,369
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 1,070 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    315279
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The four and twenty elders cast their crowns upon the throne of Jesus in Revelation 4:10,11.
    We are not the 24 elders.

  15. #27
    Over 4000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 926 Times in 743 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    569116
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    How nice. So we receive a reward for something we didn't do?

    That's crazy.
    1 John 5:5
    Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to 1Mind1Spirit For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 12th, 2017)

  17. #28
    Over 4000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    4,579
    Thanks
    520
    Thanked 926 Times in 743 Posts

    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    569116
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I'll help you. None of those verses speak of the members of the body of Christ.

    You've just gone from claiming you have overcome sin to being judged under the law. Sounds to me like you have willing placed yourself under the law, and have, therefore, rejected the Grace of God.



    Those who stand before the Great White Throne will be JUDGED according to their works. They are unbelievers, and those who trust in their own works.
    Being a servant of righteousness does have it's rewards.

    I like it when I'm told I brought that thought into right subjection.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to 1Mind1Spirit For Your Post:

    glorydaz (October 12th, 2017)

  19. #29
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    11,206
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 1,202 Times in 1,007 Posts

    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    313662
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    We are not the 24 elders.
    The 24 elders are the church. The crowns are crowns of righteousness.

  20. #30
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,181
    Thanks
    1,369
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 1,070 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    315279
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    None of those verses speak of the members of the body of Christ.
    Paul taught that the the body of Christ is the church.

    "For we are members of His body, of His flesh and of His bones. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh. This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the church." (Ephesians 5:30-32)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us