User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: Tweeter in chief

  1. #31
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    8,614
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 2,386 Times in 1,655 Posts

    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    281720
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    My expectations and predictions of him were spot on. Unfortunately.


    *channeling the same foreboding as Bob Corker*
    The first few days, when he started reneging on his promises to his base, I thought maybe he had just pulled off another scam, and would do a competent job.

    No such luck. The only good thing is that all of his thrashing had crippled government and prevented him from doing much of anything.

    And there's been a renaissance for SNL.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 11th, 2017)

  3. #32
    Over 5000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    5,418
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 1,279 Times in 1,032 Posts

    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    278828
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    The first few days, when he started reneging on his promises to his base, I thought maybe he had just pulled off another scam, and would do a competent job.

    No such luck. The only good thing is that all of his thrashing had crippled government and prevented him from doing much of anything.

    And there's been a renaissance for SNL.
    That's the spirit!
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

    Trevor: "I know how to drive, man."
    Ricky: "You also know how to be stupid."

  4. #33
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    2,502
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 780 Times in 525 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    302643
    If Trump were a mid-level manager at any substantial US corporation he would last about a week. Imagine working for someone who believes that the way to make your point is to call people names. He started in the campaign and continues to use that as a policy method. Much like a 5thgrader.
    His knowledge of the legislative process and of world affairs is abysmal.
    He lives on twitter because he can use small words and short sentences. I'll be he has real issues with commas, and semi-colons---oh my.
    Tillerson was correct---he is a moron, I'll bet he lies about his golf score.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonahdog For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 11th, 2017)

  6. #34
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,411
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,568 Times in 13,014 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    If Trump were a mid-level manager at any substantial US corporation he would last about a week. Imagine working for someone who believes that the way to make your point is to call people names. He started in the campaign and continues to use that as a policy method. Much like a 5thgrader.
    His knowledge of the legislative process and of world affairs is abysmal.
    He lives on twitter because he can use small words and short sentences. I'll be he has real issues with commas, and semi-colons---oh my.
    Tillerson was correct---he is a moron, I'll bet he lies about his golf score.
    Is that all you got? Settle in for another 7.3 years genius. Hold on a sec. . . . Yep, I just checked to make sure, Trump is STILL your President, he is not a "mid-level manager".

  7. #35
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    8,614
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 2,386 Times in 1,655 Posts

    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    281720
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    If Trump were a mid-level manager at any substantial US corporation he would last about a week. Imagine working for someone who believes that the way to make your point is to call people names. He started in the campaign and continues to use that as a policy method. Much like a 5thgrader.
    Which is why, until now, he's never actually held a job. He's lived off a family business, where he's not beholden to stockholders. So he gets to act like a 5th grader, and anyone who doesn't want to put up with his tantrums just leaves.

    And it made him supremely unfit to be president, where he doesn't have absolute power, and he can get things done only by cooperating with others. He was apparently shocked to learn that he couldn't just order Hillary Clinton arrested, or that a president is restrained by the Constitution.

    Tillerson was correct---he is a moron,
    Worse than that. He seems to have been born with at least normal intelligence. The worst sort of stupidity is self-inflicted.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 11th, 2017)

  9. #36
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    50,227
    Thanks
    157,547
    Thanked 45,892 Times in 28,223 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148158
    I think him using the social media outlets that a lot of America uses is brilliant.
    And some are jealous they didn't think of it and use it as much.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  10. #37
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,061
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 1,099 Posts

    Blog Entries
    12
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    331079


    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    If Trump were a mid-level manager at any substantial US corporation he would last about a week. Imagine working for someone who believes that the way to make your point is to call people names. He started in the campaign and continues to use that as a policy method. Much like a 5thgrader.
    His knowledge of the legislative process and of world affairs is abysmal.
    He lives on twitter because he can use small words and short sentences. I'll be he has real issues with commas, and semi-colons---oh my.
    Tillerson was correct---he is a moron, I'll bet he lies about his golf score.
    If Trump were a normal, well-adjusted adult, there would be no need for him to make repeated pronouncements, reminding the American public of his high IQ,

    If he was secure within himself, the President would not feel compelled to tweet up a storm every time he's subject to criticism - given that any presidential candidate who presumes that they will be somehow exempt from criticism is not living in the real world!

    Failing to appoint Republican Senator Bob Corker, Chair of the Foreign Relations Committee, for Secretary of State because this President thought he was too short for the position, speaks volumes concerning not just to Trump's intelligence but his common sense!

    Last edited by jgarden; October 11th, 2017 at 08:52 PM.

  11. #38
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    2,502
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 780 Times in 525 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    302643
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Is that all you got? Settle in for another 7.3 years genius. Hold on a sec. . . . Yep, I just checked to make sure, Trump is STILL your President, he is not a "mid-level manager".
    Correct he is not a "mid-level manager". Much to the shame of the USA.

  12. #39
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    33,411
    Thanks
    18,066
    Thanked 16,568 Times in 13,014 Posts

    Blog Entries
    32
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Correct he is not a "mid-level manager". Much to the shame of the USA.
    Keep ignoring all the great things Trump has done and is doing, like you ignore God. Not too bright are ya?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us