User Tag List

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 186

Thread: Debateing Is A Sin

  1. #46
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    12,636
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 542 Times in 491 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103654
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You are proud, arrogant and totally confused.
    I said
    No one will ever receive the revelations of Jesus Christ if they have any of those weaknesses. Sorry but bearing false witness isn't going to help you.

  2. #47
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,851
    Thanks
    10,045
    Thanked 17,758 Times in 10,032 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147670

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    No one will ever receive the revelations of Jesus Christ if they have any of those weaknesses. Sorry but bearing false witness isn't going to help you.
    I'm telling the truth but you can't handle the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  3. #48
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    22,351
    Thanks
    13,013
    Thanked 34,732 Times in 17,488 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147786
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    Why its the truth. Don't you know the unlearned always insult what they don't understand.

    Heb 10:29-30
    29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?
    30 For we know Him who said, "Vengeance is Mine; I will repay," says the Lord. And again, "The Lord will judge His people."
    (NKJ)
    That verse doesn't say anything about the unlearned.....rather it speaks of those who reject the Grace of God.

    They know full well what they're rejecting.

  4. #49
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    12,636
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 542 Times in 491 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103654
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    I'm telling the truth but you can't handle the truth.
    I said
    lol No your not your guessing. If you were telling the truth it would have been with a verse.

    [Jhn 17:17
    17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.

  5. #50
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    12,851
    Thanks
    10,045
    Thanked 17,758 Times in 10,032 Posts

    Blog Entries
    5
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147670

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    lol No your not your guessing. If you were telling the truth it would have been with a verse.

    [Jhn 17:17
    17 "Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.
    A random verse, like you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  6. #51
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,700
    Thanks
    3,810
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,483 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    Why do people do that. Why would you try to tell me what I believe. I do believe the Holy Spirit and He is perfect. But not me.
    Aren't we all suppose to be trying to be perfect. And yet it seems to offend you. That doesn't make any sense.
    Just because you are quoting the Scripture does not mean you are using it right.

    It seems you are self-righteous.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  7. #52
    Rookie Grey Oran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    The Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2158
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Your OP is quite literally a nonsensical attempt at proof texting without a context. You are indeed a squeaky wheel in need of oil.

    One must be a good steward of the time God grants them (Ephesians 5:15-17; Ecclesiastes 11:9; Mark 12:30). The time granted should be spent bringing glory to God in word, deed, or thought. Let that be your litmus test (Romans 11:36; 1 Corinthians 10:31; 2 Corinthians 10:5; Philippians 4:8) for entering into debate where some of the clashing that takes place will inflame one's passions and lead one to sin, especially as relates to the ninth commandment. Debates are not for the faint of heart, the immature of faith or character. Nevertheless, I agree with Doug Wilson that debates are a duty.

    Given that duty one should equip themselves well, taking every word captive for the glory of God. Too much of what passes for "debate" is nothing more than cavils that degenerate into ad hominems or embarrassing error that brings scandal upon that which we hold dear as the hearer is led into error by one's own error. Every disagreement is not a call to debate, so also be a good steward of your gifts and time—not everyone deserves it and you are not obligated to give it unworthily (Romans 12:6-8, Ephesians 5:15-17; Psalm 90:12; Isaiah 49:4).

    Nothing above should be taken to imply we are to be milquetoasts about matters of the faith. MacArthur sums it up nicely:
    {The Truth War} is not mere wrangling between competing earthly ideologies. It is not simply a campaign to refine someone’s religious creed or win a denominational spitting contest. It is not a battle of wits over arcane theological fine points. It is not an argument for sport. It is not a like a school debate, staged to see who is more skilled or more clever in the art of argumentation. It is not merely academic in any sense. And it is certainly not a game. It is a very serious struggle to safeguard the heart and soul of truth itself and to unleash that truth against the powers of darkness – in hopes to rescuing the eternal souls of men and women who have been unwittingly ensnared by the trap of devilish deception. This is a battle we cannot wage effectively if we always try to come across to the world as merely nice, nonchalant, docile, agreeable, and fun-loving people. We must not take our cues from people who are perfectly happy to compromise the truth wherever possible for harmony’s sake. Friendly dialogue may sound affable and pleasant. But neither Christ nor the apostles ever confronted serious, soul-destroying error by building collegial relationships with false teachers.

    AMR
    That's some good stuff, man.

  8. #53
    Rookie Grey Oran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    The Dark Side of the Moon
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2158
    Love they neighbor as thyself.

    If your neighbor will listen to reasonable argument, then do it.

  9. #54
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    12,636
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 542 Times in 491 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103654
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    Just because you are quoting the Scripture does not mean you are using it right.

    It seems you are self-righteous.
    I said
    lol That kind of logic won't work. If I am getting the verses from the Holy Spirit(which I am) then I cant be using them wrong. I'm using them the way He gives them to me. And in the same order He gives them to me.

    John 14:26
    26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
    (NKJ)

    Rom 8:1-2

    1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
    2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
    (NKJ)

  10. #55
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,700
    Thanks
    3,810
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,483 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    lol That kind of logic won't work. If I am getting the verses from the Holy Spirit(which I am) then I cant be using them wrong. I'm using them the way He gives them to me. And in the same order He gives them to me.

    John 14:26
    26 "But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
    (NKJ)

    Rom 8:1-2

    1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
    2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
    (NKJ)
    Do you realize most of us are using the scripture to reason for their beliefs?

    And you are the only one who cannot be wrong?
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  11. #56
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,700
    Thanks
    3,810
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,483 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    BTW squeaky,

    Why do you lol so often every time when you don't like one's comment?

    Is that HS's characteristic?
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  12. #57
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    12,636
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 542 Times in 491 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103654
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    Do you realize most of us are using the scripture to reason for their beliefs?

    And you are the only one who cannot be wrong?
    I said
    You should ask yourself, why do you want me to be wrong?

  13. #58
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,700
    Thanks
    3,810
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,483 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    You should ask yourself, why do you want me to be wrong?
    We have responsibility to witness to the world with the Truth.

    I don't want anybody to be wrong. Now you are projecting yourself.

    It does not matter how much you can quote, if your analysis does not make sense it is not the HS. HS never wrong.

    BTW, why do you lol a lot? Jesus and His faithful ones never did that.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  14. #59
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,700
    Thanks
    3,810
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,483 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Let me ask you another one, squeaky.

    I do not quote most of my comments but I know I am right when I said the HS is never wrong.

    Is that wrong because I do not quote the Scripture?

    thanks.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  15. #60
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    12,636
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 542 Times in 491 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    103654
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    Let me ask you another one, squeaky.

    I do not quote most of my comments but I know I am right when I said the HS is never wrong.

    Is that wrong because I do not quote the Scripture?

    thanks.
    I said
    You are wrong if the Holy Spirit gives you a verse and you don't share it. The Holy Spirit only quotes scripture. So to walk after the Holy Spirit is to give others what He gives you. You have the carnal mind and the spiritual mind. The Spiritual mind is the Holy Spirit. Paul said it best when he said.
    [1Co 2:1-4
    1 And I, brethren, when I came to you, did not come with excellence of speech or of wisdom declaring to you the testimony of God.
    2 For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.
    3 I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling.
    4 And my speech and my preaching [were] not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power,

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us