User Tag List

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516

Thread: Grace: God isn't mad at sin, or just isn't doing anything about it at the moment?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 2,320 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Paul says plainly that the gift is eternal life.

The inheritance is the gift.

A person only gives an inheritance to HIS CHILDREN.

You can only be His child who receives the gift of the inheritance if you do what He says.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Proud customer of Old Glory Robot Insurance. musterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,820 Times in 9,644 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Gift =/= inheritance.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Right Divider (October 26th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,405 Times in 2,563 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Paul says plainly that the gift is eternal life.

The inheritance is the gift.

A person only gives an inheritance to HIS CHILDREN.

You can only be His child who receives the gift of the inheritance if you do what He says.
    That passage is not even talking about eternal damnation.

Likewise as to the eternal life you think it is referring to.

What that passage is referring to is...

Rather, Romans 7's prior problem - sin revived, and I died...o wretched man that I am...but for the empowering gift of eternal life that I now possess, that I might be enabled by said enabling life to bring forth fruit unto righteousness.

It is a common falacy; concluding that Romans 6:23 is talking about a contrast between eternal damnation and eternal life.

But Paul was not even talking about either of those issues when he then wrote that passage.

Fact of the matter is, that he is building on the eternal life empowerment the Believer is given in Romans 3.

Romans 5 building on that.

Romans 5 THEREFORE being justified by grace through faith, you now have a focus you can be empowered to look at all issues thru - Romans 5:8..

Romans 6 THEREFORE, you are not only dead to sin, but as a result, sin shall not have dominion over you - due to eternal life's empowering love that Romans 5 has already asserted you have been given in Christ.

Romans 7 THEREFORE, you are not only also dead to the Law, but it cannot set off sin in you - because you are not only not under the Law, but have been given the eternal life that was needed to empower you to walk in righteousness.

Romans 8 THEREFORE, you are also not only dead to the flesh, but alive unto God - you have access to the very life-giving power that resurrected the Lord Himself, from the dead.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 2,320 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    That passage is not even talking about eternal damnation.
    What are you talking about? Start off by telling me where I said it is about eternal damnation when I am speaking about eternal life.

Likewise as to the eternal life you think it is referring to.
    You are seeing things that are not there, no doubt you don't see things that are.

What that passage is referring to is...

Rather, Romans 7's prior problem - sin revived, and I died...o wretched man that I am...but for the empowering gift of eternal life that I now possess, that I might be enabled by said enabling life to bring forth fruit unto righteousness.
    Give scripture that says that exact thing.

It is a common falacy; concluding that Romans 6:23 is talking about a contrast between eternal damnation and eternal life.
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

I posted scriptures proving that the INHERITANCE, the GIFT, the REWARD, the CROWN, and the PROMISE are all eternal life with God.

But Paul was not even talking about either of those issues when he then wrote that passage.

Fact of the matter is, that he is building on the eternal life empowerment the Believer is given in Romans 3.

Romans 5 building on that.

Romans 5 THEREFORE being justified by grace through faith, you now have a focus you can be empowered to look at all issues thru - Romans 5:8..

Romans 6 THEREFORE, you are not only dead to sin, but as a result, sin shall not have dominion over you - due to eternal life's empowering love that Romans 5 has already asserted you have been given in Christ.

Romans 7 THEREFORE, you are not only also dead to the Law, but it cannot set off sin in you - because you are not only not under the Law, but have been given the eternal life that was needed to empower you to walk in righteousness.

Romans 8 THEREFORE, you are also not only dead to the flesh, but alive unto God - you have access to the very life-giving power that resurrected the Lord Himself, from the dead.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Thread Information