User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 86

Thread: Satanic Temple Wants Followers to Force Christian Bakers to Make a Cake to ‘Honor...

  1. #61
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,134
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 7,322 Times in 5,835 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147791
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Yep.
    And GOD doesn't fib.
    Arthur's brain hates God.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),Tambora (October 11th, 2017)

  3. #62
    BOO Y'all Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    41,942
    Thanks
    123,675
    Thanked 37,184 Times in 23,130 Posts

    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148066
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Arthur's brain hates God.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Lot's of people think they are nicer than GOD, and wiser than GOD.
    But fools they be.

    Are you about protecting truth, or protecting feelings?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017)

  5. #63
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    11,848
    Thanks
    5,045
    Thanked 4,497 Times in 3,011 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147706
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Liberals hate finishing their sentences.

    Bla bla bla, therefore, something.

    Learn to contribute something rational.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Eh? Learn to edit a bit better dude, or better yet, get a bloody grip and stop having such a hangup over other people's sex lives and relationships. What is it with far right fundies and sex?

    Well this is fun isn't it?


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 12th, 2017)

  7. #64
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    11,848
    Thanks
    5,045
    Thanked 4,497 Times in 3,011 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147706
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Lot's of people think they are nicer than GOD, and wiser than GOD.
    But fools they be.
    There's so much humility in that I don't know where it starts...
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 12th, 2017)

  9. #65
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,134
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 7,322 Times in 5,835 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147791
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Eh? Learn to edit a bit better dude, or better yet, get a bloody grip and stop having such a hangup over other people's sex lives and relationships. What is it with far right fundies and sex?


    You're criticizing my editing abilities?



    Arthur's brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    There's so much humility in that I don't know where it starts...
    Certainly not with you. All you are is insult and bluster.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),Tambora (October 11th, 2017)

  11. #66
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,716
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 631 Times in 454 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182701
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Neither.

    I love the easy questions.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Ah...the first. I thought so.

  12. #67
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,716
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 631 Times in 454 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182701
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    God says homosexuality is a sin and a crime.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    just like having a tattoo....what's your point?

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to MrDante For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 12th, 2017)

  14. #68
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    1,716
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 631 Times in 454 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    182701
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Liberals hate finishing their sentences.

    Bla bla bla, therefore ... something.

    Learn to contribute something rational.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Awwww...did Arthur use to many big words in his post?

    Shame on him.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrDante For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (October 12th, 2017),Rusha (October 12th, 2017)

  16. #69
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,134
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 7,322 Times in 5,835 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147791
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDante View Post
    Ah...the first. I thought so.
    Nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDante View Post
    just like having a tattoo....what's your point?
    Making things up want the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDante View Post
    Awwww...did Arthur use to many big words in his post?

    Shame on him.


    al dente

    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    patrick jane (October 11th, 2017),Tambora (October 17th, 2017)

  18. #70
    Over 750 post club kiwimacahau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Deepest, Darkest NZ
    Posts
    764
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 157 Times in 121 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83902
    Good on them. Discrimination must be fought against wherever and whenever it shows it's head.
    "...It is folly — it is madness — to suppose that you can worship Jesus in the Sacraments and Jesus on the throne of glory, when you are sweating him in the souls and bodies of his children." -- Bishop Frank Weston, 1923 Anglo-Catholic Congress


    Father Ray McIntyre
    Anglican Church International

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiwimacahau For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (October 12th, 2017),Rusha (October 12th, 2017)

  20. #71
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,134
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 7,322 Times in 5,835 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147791
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimacahau View Post
    Good on them. Discrimination must be fought against wherever and whenever it shows it's head.


    Discrimination. The greatest evil.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Ask Mr. Religion (October 11th, 2017),JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),Tambora (October 17th, 2017)

  22. #72
    Over 750 post club kiwimacahau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Deepest, Darkest NZ
    Posts
    764
    Thanks
    77
    Thanked 157 Times in 121 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83902
    It certaintly can be which is why God was so hard on it in the OT.

    Sent from my F8331 using TOL mobile app
    "...It is folly — it is madness — to suppose that you can worship Jesus in the Sacraments and Jesus on the throne of glory, when you are sweating him in the souls and bodies of his children." -- Bishop Frank Weston, 1923 Anglo-Catholic Congress


    Father Ray McIntyre
    Anglican Church International

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwimacahau For Your Post:

    Rusha (October 13th, 2017)

  24. #73
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,134
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 7,322 Times in 5,835 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147791
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimacahau View Post
    It certaintly can be


    Which is why God was so hard on it in the OT.
    I'm quite confident you have no idea what you're talking about.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (October 12th, 2017),Tambora (October 17th, 2017)

  26. #74
    Silver Member JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    3,467
    Thanks
    6,074
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,308 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415808
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimacahau View Post
    Good on them. Discrimination must be fought against wherever and whenever it shows it's head.
    So, discriminate against the ones who discriminate? Hypocritical much?

    Quote Originally Posted by kiwimacahau View Post
    It certaintly can be which is why God was so hard on it in the OT.

    Sent from my F8331 using TOL mobile app
    So God was being a hypocrite?

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Tambora (October 17th, 2017)

  28. #75
    Over 1000 post club WonderfulLordJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,114
    Thanks
    362
    Thanked 328 Times in 262 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    109833
    This is an interesting, complex question. It would seem it could be well argued a private business, exercising their religious conscience, is protected in the Constitution, and that, to try and force anybody to violate the scripture of any established religion they believe is a violation of their Constitutional right of free exercise. Likewise, to try and force free exercise on somebody's private premise that doesn't want to be, in some way, actually involved in that exercise would be a violation of their right to not have religion forced upon them. For instance, I think it's a violation to force children to pray in school, despite my being a Christian, if we are to consider U.S. law. It must be emphasized that what does or does not legally stand is not a matter of the Bible governing, rather the laws of the nation. You could believe, in all good conscience, at least your own misguided conscience, that the U.S. should be a theocracy, but you would have no legal standing in this. (The question is always whose theology, expecting corrupt and narcissistic man could possibly run a theocracy.) Would further state God is not interested in forced prayers, that are not in a spirit of truth, those of you that somehow think the Lord Jesus has ever wanted any forced homage from the unrepentant, at least in this age of grace. It would also be degenerate hypocrisy for the U.S. government to persecute Christians, given the Western style nation largely came about, in its inception, due to Christians seeking to escape the persecutions in Europe. Did you know it was Christians who wanted no established religion, not atheists, not Satanists, this to avoid the persecutions of Europe? The atheists or Satanists would like to repudiate or deny this Christian heritage, but there would, in fact, be no Bill of Rights, if it were not for Rhode Island and Virginia Baptists demanding no government mucking in religion or restricting free exercise of Christianity, before they would endorse the Constitution. This is historic fact, and you may as well suck it up. Like it or lump it, there was a Christian design process at work in the founding of the United States. It's another matter if the U.S. has been Christian, and it's not my intent to go there, anyway, in this matter of cakes.

    Of course, this would only apply to a private premise, not a government entity, which cannot be involved in establishing any religion. In other words, if the government baked cakes, it would have to bake Christian and Satanist cakes, because the government is not allowed to establish religious edicts, though it would be questionable whether the government would be allowed to create cakes with religious statements, in the first place. As precedents stand, I believe a government bakery would be precluded from putting any religious message on a cake, of any kind, would have to deny all religious cakes. Ironic how the government, that ruled against the Christian baker in the homo case, would turn down, discriminate against, people who wanted Christian cakes, if it had a cake shop? Just a weird thought. Bottom line, though, people need to realize that it's American law that will govern in this instance, not the Bible, and, throughout history, the conscience and faith of people has been known to be challenged by governments. But I believe a Christian baker's religious free exercise, civil rights, are violated, to be forced to do anything against their conscience, also a Muslim baker, if they refused to bake a Christian cake, and that it's up to the unregenerate public to find a baker that doesn't care, or make their own devil cake, then. To say anything different is to make a ludicrous claim that religious faith has no validity outside of church walls, when it's simply a fact that exercise of faith, in good conscience, is a total lifestyle, that moral precepts of religious faith, obviously, go with the person, not the confines of any building.

    So, I believe somebody coming into a private premise, dwelling or business, and trying to force sin upon them as their scripture dictates, should have to take a hike, find a sinful business person to cater to their sin. That would be the next ten bakers they could go to, as things stand, but I see it as a clear violation of free exercise to force anybody to bake a cake of sin, or in any way punish them for refusing. In other words, this is a case of violation of Constitutionally guaranteed right of free exercise, not a theological debate matter, Christian theology having nothing to do with it, where the law is concerned, a law which is to respect the exercise of faith in good conscience, period, that the Constitution and free exercise govern in this case.

    To say it’s discrimination for a private entity to have any exclusive rules, then businesses should have no dress codes, no speech codes, no conduct codes, whatsoever, in matters protected: if bakers can’t refuse a Satan cake, then office buildings shouldn’t be allowed to exclude a host of legally protected behaviors, lest they discriminate. Do you know there are people who believe smoking marijuana is a religious rite? I say, if you can’t exclude a Satan cake, you can’t exclude smoking pot in the break room, since the precedent would be everybody should have free exercise, in anybody else’s house. If you can’t refuse that Satan cake, a lot of law needs to be overturned, lest we discriminate. It would also be the case Christian churches should be forced to read from the Quran, maybe sacrifice some cakes to the Queen of Heaven, play heavy metal music, since nothing is excluded in the law on a private premise, right, lest we discriminate? Muslims mosques forced to read from John 1? For all I know, nudity may be a religion to some, hence a need to overturn laws mandating clothing at bakeries, isn’t that so? Shouldn’t that occult book store be forced to sell Bibles, also? Metallica forced to sing Amazing Grace?
    Last edited by WonderfulLordJesus; October 12th, 2017 at 10:05 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us