Over 5000 post club ClimateSanity's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,397 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Alex Jones fan? Yep, let's listen to those "guys" who have a lot-o-knowledge. You're just another moron ready and willing to spread stupid stupid rumors.
    You don't think CNN and the Russia conspiracy was about spreading stupid rumors? Why is one real news in your mind and the other mere rumors?

Sent from my SM-G930V using TOL mobile app

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But it does make it easier.
    A gun also makes saving your life much easier.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ClimateSanity For Your Post:

George Affleck (October 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I don't "wish to create a story" and I didn't come up with the title of the video or the video itself. It never explains what they think the "false flag" is, so I thought I heard two guns going at the same time. I was guessing.
    You are saying you are convinced of the story either. You are allowing for the possibility. You are waiting like me for contradictory evidence to the conclusion.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    You are saying you are convinced of the story either. You are allowing for the possibility. You are waiting like me for contradictory evidence to the conclusion.

pj is always guessing and always getting it wrong.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Truster For Your Post:

Rusha (October 3rd, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ClimateSanity View Post
    A gun also makes saving your life much easier.

If a man is fearful that the Almighty would send someone to kill him then the man needs to ask why? I've questioned pastors that maintain the need to wear a concealed weapon behind the pulpit. Same question needs to be asked? If the Almighty wants a man dead then there is nothing available to save that man, nothing.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post

Musterion

I like that. "Disarmed citizens become subjects."

Reminds me of England.
    You managed to find the one country with a constitutional monarchy. A semantic win at best. Hurrah. Do you need a list of all the countries that have strict law enforcement and the citizens are not "subjects"?

I live in one.

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!! CabinetMaker's Avatar
    On the back of a horse someplace in Colorado
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by This Charming Manc View Post
    First all, thoughts, prayers and condolences to those hurt, their families and all my friends over there in the states.

Today's a day when us Brits see this on the news we are shocked and saddened and many ask the questions. "Why don't they get this? How many times does have to happen for it to shrink in?"

Even though i'm unrepentant raging gun control advocate with you guys. I do listen and hear your position and your arguments.

I talk about the link the constitution makes between freedom and gun ownership. I talk about Americans wanting to take personal responsibility for there families safety. I can relay the fear of armed criminal elements in society and people not wanting to face that unarmed.

But after doing that I look at the stats again, I look at the news again, I see the pictures, I then think about the thousands of Americans who die every year, who probably wouldn't die if they lived in a country with better gun laws, and I have to be that 'stoopid' liberal voice.

A few perceptions from someone out of the situation who doesn't really have an axe to grind, but feels he needs to speak the truth as he sees it to friends.

• Thousands of Americans suffer directly and indirectly every year from gun crime that they would not suffer if they lived in a country with European style gun laws.
    • The basic freedoms shared by people in Europe are Similar to those in the states even though we don't high levels of gun ownership
    • The Levels of other violent crime are broadly similar so we don't see gun violence transfer to the use of cars, bombs and knives taking anywhere near the numbers of lives guns take in the US, those things happen but at similar rates to the US.
    • We've had a bad year in terms of terrorist attacks with bombs and vehicles used in Europe, real bad, you've probably seen the news. But ball parking it america still see's 50 gun deaths for every terrorist associated death in the Europe. (about 200 to 10,000, real ball parked figures)
    • Incidents like today's thought they grab the news, its just the tip of the iceberg. For every person killed today 100 to 300 more Americans will die this year by guns dependent on how you want to read the stats.

I hope everyone here and their loved ones are well, and hope these perceptions at least make you think. I know it is not a popular view in these parts, but it need saying.
    Canada has similar rates of gun ownership as the U.S. But they don't have the gun violence that we do. Why is that? Are their guns actually different? Do their guns not work when called upon to shoot into a crowd? Or is it something to do with people?
    Galatians 5:22-23 (New International Version)

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.

What are my fruits today?

Cityboy With Horses A blog about what happens when you say, "I Promise"

"Moral standards" are a lot like lighthouses: they exist to help us stay on course as we sail through life. But we have to steer BY them, but not directly AT them. Lest we end up marooned on the shoals of perpetual self-righteousness.

Over 1500 post club This Charming Manc's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CabinetMaker View Post
    Canada has similar rates of gun ownership as the U.S. But they don't have the gun violence that we do. Why is that? Are their guns actually different? Do their guns not work when called upon to shoot into a crowd? Or is it something to do with people?
    Hi CM, I hope you are well?

First I don't think your assertion that Canada has similar gun rates is quite true. From why I have read the Canadian gun ownership rates are about 1/3 of that of the USA. What is interesting is that abut 90% of Canadian guns are rifles and shotguns as opposed to handguns which are the main guns used in crimes. Also carrying handguns in Canada is highly restricted.

However those differences would by no means account for the vast differences in Canadian and US gun crime stats.

An observation of mine is that countries with very high gun crime rate tend to have a number of factors, good access to guns, strong and obviously unjust inequalities of wealth, and significant gang/crime culture and drug issues.

I would suggest that the Canadian difference is a mix of these factors and better gun control. though i've not done any research on this but its a pattern which i've spotted when nosing through data.

Cheers
    SJKW Extraordinaire

11. The Following User Says Thank You to This Charming Manc For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (October 3rd, 2017)

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,497 Times in 3,011 Posts

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Alex Jones fan? Yep, let's listen to those "guys" who have a lot-o-knowledge. You're just another moron ready and willing to spread stupid stupid rumors.
    Alex Jones, the guy who made out Sandy Hook was a 'publicity stunt'...

Musterion is a complete cretin and frankly a real piece of work to boot with his "attempts" at cheap political point scoring in relation to this horrific event. It's a wonder he doesn't check under the bed for a 'boogeyman' before he goes to sleep...
    Well this is fun isn't it?

Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,497 Times in 3,011 Posts

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    You managed to find the one country with a constitutional monarchy. A semantic win at best. Hurrah. Do you need a list of all the countries that have strict law enforcement and the citizens are not "subjects"?

I live in one.
    Eh, he thinks we're all gonna be under Muslim rule in ten years or so across the pond so that tells you the mentality of the guy.

Well this is fun isn't it?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

Rusha (October 3rd, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,922 Times in 11,143 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    If a man is fearful that the Almighty would send someone to kill him then the man needs to ask why? I've questioned pastors that maintain the need to wear a concealed weapon behind the pulpit. Same question needs to be asked? If the Almighty wants a man dead then there is nothing available to save that man, nothing.
    You think God chooses the death of every person?
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 676 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I thought I heard two guns going at the same time.
    It's absolutely plausible that you did hear two guns firing simultaneously.

The type of (some of the) guns he was using, and the fact that they were mounted on bi-pods, could easily have allowed him to fire one with each hand.
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post5074777
    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...=1#post4983551
    Elect a clown and you get a circus!
    if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit if Trump had half a wit he would be a half wit

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Foxfire For Your Post:

patrick jane (October 3rd, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,922 Times in 11,143 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Over 1500 post club This Charming Manc's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think God chooses the death of every person?
    He needs to reread john 3
    SJKW Extraordinaire

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    Amazing how people mange to assume that the murderer was a Democrat, A Liberal, or an atheist. He must have been somebody not like me.

And guns are a problem in the US.

By the way- anybody notice how Armed US Free Civilians all pulled out their weapons and stopped this guy cold?
    Wasn't he 32 floors up? =320 feet? And the most armed anybody could have been was to have sneaked in a handgun. How accurate, roughly, would you say people are, even very well trained people, at hitting targets 320 feet away, elevated, in your experience, with a handgun?
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

"...things happen .. . . . you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

Thread Information