Thread: 58 Dead, 500 Plus Wounded

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Law enforcement people have known for a long time that domestic terrorism is a much larger threat to America than Muslim terrorism.

Hopefully, this will prove to be another mentally-disturbed person, and not one more angry white guy out to get even for perceived loss of privilege.

I suspect it will turn out that he was insane, (after all, if he wanted to take out minorities, I can't think of a worse place than a CW concert, unless it would be a NASCAR event) but we need to wait and see.
    calling a evil individual like this man mentally disturbed is disrespectful to all the individuals living with mental issues.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jeffblue101 For Your Post:

katiecrna (October 13th, 2017)

Over 1500 post club This Charming Manc's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    911 shows you dont need a gun to kill a large number of people.
    Agreed but that doesn't mean that Guns are not an issue, but since 911 we have 17 years of 10 -15,000 Americans killed with guns, add another 10,000 per year if you want to add suicides and accidents.

So being conservative domestic gun ownership has done 100 times more damage to america than 911 has in that time.

No, your gun control manta doesn't need saying - guns save far more lives and protect more property than people get killed by them. Check those facts. Sadly its not in the liberal interest to broadcast the truth.
    I have checked those 'facts' they are only seen as credible by the NRA and there close supporters. If they were true, and they saved 80 lives for ever life they take. That would make Americans 160 times more murderous than there European counterparts, I find that argument hard to believe.

My son was shot in the head on the freeway driving home from work most likey so someone could join a gang in one of the top 10 most dangerous cities in America - the murderer wasn't the gun. It was the thug.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Gun control doesn't seek to take the responsibility of a crime away from perpetrator. It seeks to take the ability to kill easily and effectively away from an attacker. Gang violence exists across borders and we have them in the UK. We find that gangs with knives and fists kill a lot less people than gangs with guns. ( and yes our gun laws mean most of the time gangs do not have guns).

Liberals slap criminals on the wrist here. Oh and whats your crime rate over there, pretty bad i would imagine and no way to defend yourself.
    Don't assume go check the stats, not the stuff the NRA or the like give you. go to source. I've tried and found clear comparisons are hard to do, due to different definitions, but i'm left thinking its pretty similar apart from the gun crime anomilies.
    SJKW Extraordinaire

4. The Following User Says Thank You to This Charming Manc For Your Post:

katiecrna (October 13th, 2017)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird, its a few years old account, and news agencies are citing it as his. The ones saying its fake are news agencies ive never heard of, google was even citing it as stand alone as tweets in response to the tragedy.

Sorry, im going to need him say he never said it, as im not seeing detractions from main news sites, yet.
    the real David Letterman account----> https://twitter.com/Letterman
    the fake one with the white privilege tweet---> https://twitter.com/DavidLetternan
    the real one has a check next to his name meaning that it has been verified by twitter.

Down there with them spiders musterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,902 Times in 8,780 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by This Charming Manc View Post
    Agreed but that doesn't mean that Guns are not an issue, but since 911 we have 17 years of 10 -15,000 Americans killed with guns, add another 10,000 per year if you want to add suicides and accidents.
    "We"?
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

7. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Tambora (October 2nd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weird, its a few years old account, and news agencies are citing it as his. The ones saying its fake are news agencies ive never heard of, google was even citing it as stand alone as tweets in response to the tragedy.

Sorry, im going to need him say he never said it, as im not seeing detractions from main news sites, yet.
    http://www.indystar.com/story/news/2...man/724390001/

an honest mistake?
    SJKW Extraordinaire

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A turn of phrase, but i'm not anti american you know, I may admit to liking you someday
    SJKW Extraordinaire

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So being conservative domestic gun ownership has done 100 times more damage to america than 911 has in that time.

I have checked those 'facts' they are only seen as credible by the NRA and there close supporters. If they were true, and they saved 80 lives for ever life they take. That would make Americans 160 times more murderous than there European counterparts, I find that argument hard to believe.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Gun control doesn't seek to take the responsibility of a crime away from perpetrator. It seeks to take the ability to kill easily and effectively away from an attacker. Gang violence exists across borders and we have them in the UK. We find that gangs with knives and fists kill a lot less people than gangs with guns. ( and yes our gun laws mean most of the time gangs do not have guns).

Don't assume go check the stats, not the stuff the NRA or the like give you. go to source. I've tried and found clear comparisons are hard to do, due to different definitions, but i'm left thinking its pretty similar apart from the gun crime anomilies.
    America is a very big country, there are lots regions of America where gun violence is at par with Switzerland but the urban centers mostly controlled by democrats which are the main culprits for a higher national gun violence rates

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jeffblue101 For Your Post:

musterion (October 2nd, 2017),Tambora (October 2nd, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A turn of phrase, but i'm not anti american you know, I may admit to liking you someday
    Thanks for that, because I was about to ask you to tell "us" all about "our" knife, acid and bucket bomb problem. Now I won't.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

13. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Funny how the most restrictive areas also are consistently the highest for gun crime.

C. H. Mackintosh

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Right Divider (October 3rd, 2017),Tambora (October 2nd, 2017)

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,681 Times in 6,040 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First all, thoughts, prayers and condolences to those hurt, their families and all my friends over there in the states.

Today's a day when us Brits see this on the news we are shocked and saddened and many ask the questions. "Why don't they get this? How many times does have to happen for it to shrink in?"

Even though i'm unrepentant raging gun control advocate with you guys. I do listen and hear your position and your arguments.

I talk about the link the constitution makes between freedom and gun ownership. I talk about Americans wanting to take personal responsibility for there families safety. I can relay the fear of armed criminal elements in society and people not wanting to face that unarmed.

But after doing that I look at the stats again, I look at the news again, I see the pictures, I then think about the thousands of Americans who die every year, who probably wouldn't die if they lived in a country with better gun laws, and I have to be that 'stoopid' liberal voice.

A few perceptions from someone out of the situation who doesn't really have an axe to grind, but feels he needs to speak the truth as he sees it to friends.

• Thousands of Americans suffer directly and indirectly every year from gun crime that they would not suffer if they lived in a country with European style gun laws.
    • The basic freedoms shared by people in Europe are Similar to those in the states even though we don't high levels of gun ownership
    • The Levels of other violent crime are broadly similar so we don't see gun violence transfer to the use of cars, bombs and knives taking anywhere near the numbers of lives guns take in the US, those things happen but at similar rates to the US.
    • We've had a bad year in terms of terrorist attacks with bombs and vehicles used in Europe, real bad, you've probably seen the news. But ball parking it america still see's 50 gun deaths for every terrorist associated death in the Europe. (about 200 to 10,000, real ball parked figures)
    • Incidents like today's thought they grab the news, its just the tip of the iceberg. For every person killed today 100 to 300 more Americans will die this year by guns dependent on how you want to read the stats.

I hope everyone here and their loved ones are well, and hope these perceptions at least make you think. I know it is not a popular view in these parts, but it need saying.
    When are the Poms going to ban trucks?

Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I forgot trucks.

C. H. Mackintosh

19. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Disarmed citizens are not citizens. Sooner or later, they're subjects.

C. H. Mackintosh

21. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the impression I had got until looking at some facts, obviously cities have more deaths due to population density, but when looked at per head.

There a few of these maps but most paint the same pictures with darker colours being higher density and more shootings per head.
    SJKW Extraordinaire

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,681 Times in 6,040 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was the impression I had got until looking at some facts, obviously cities have more deaths due to population density, but when looked at per head.

There a few of these maps but most paint the same pictures with darker colours being higher density and more shootings per head.
    Learn to pick appropriate statistics.

This thread is about murder, not gun deaths.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell me about it, how many per 100,000 the compare it to your homicide rate including guns.

What you will find is about the same amount of violence goes on with all other evil stuff, and guns are a very significant difference when you compare similar set of figures.
    SJKW Extraordinaire

Thread Information