User Tag List

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Thread: Top 10 Reasons the Universe is Electric (Electric Universe Theory)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    This is a layman's discussion forum where people who mostly qualify basically as hacks come to discuss stuff with other hacks based primarily on information they glean from Wikipedia.com and Sky and Telescope magazine.
    Who else is discussing this with you? No-one, that is. And if I stop contributing here the thread dies, which is why you have kept coming back to my posts. There aren't any others, are there?

There is real science happening within the EU community at places like The Safire Project and elsewhere but in the context of this thread, that's entirely irrelevant.
    No, there isn't. With no attempt to make quantitative predictions that could be compared against observations, they are essentially making emotional arguments. Whatever it is, it isn't science.

These videos are the EU's own self-proclaimed best arguments.
    Oh dear. They have failed then, haven't they, if that's all they've got? No point continuing here. You can never persuade cranks or fundamentalists, and no-one else is reading the thread either.

We wunt be druv.

Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,879 Posts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gcthomas,

I want you to watch these two videos. It's really just one video broken into two parts (less than 20 minutes total time). They have to do specifically with the SAFIRE project and are presented by Dr. Michael Clarage who is doing real experimental science having to do with plasma physics as it relates to planetary and stellar phenomena. I'm curious to see if you find them less objectionable than the others that have been presented.

Charge Separation in Space - Part 1

Charge Separation in Space - Part 2
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,873 Times in 1,879 Posts

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gcthomas View Post
    Who else is discussing this with you? No-one, that is. And if I stop contributing here the thread dies, which is why you have kept coming back to my posts. There aren't any others, are there?
    Threads die when people stop posting. People who start thread tend to want to keep them from dying because they are actually interested in the topic they've brought up but that isn't why I keep "coming back to your posts". The only reason I picked you back up this time is because I was sort shocked when I realized that you had cited the exact paper that I had just finished reading less than a half hour earlier.

No, there isn't. With no attempt to make quantitative predictions that could be compared against observations, they are essentially making emotional arguments. Whatever it is, it isn't science.
    You're wrong.

I suspect you knew that this comment was false when you said it. Why do you say things that are so easily detected as false if not outright lies? What exactly is the point of doing that? Calvinists do this all the time when they've been argued into a corner but you've not even been engaging the debate enough to have that excuse. Are you so threatened by even the idea that real science is happening along these lines that you have to disparage even the bare notion of it?

Oh dear. They have failed then, haven't they, if that's all they've got? No point continuing here. You can never persuade cranks or fundamentalists, and no-one else is reading the thread either.

Saying is doesn't make it so.
    It seems that you resort to instant name calling and ridicule because you aren't capable of sustaining anything substantive. That would explain quite a lot, actually. One wonders why you bothered to ask me, "So what part of EU would you like to talk about?" Did you think I wouldn't have an answer? Did you think that would somehow stump me into stunned silence? I really don't get it.

Clete
    Last edited by Clete; November 21st, 2017 at 09:52 PM.
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (November 21st, 2017),patrick jane (November 21st, 2017),Right Divider (November 22nd, 2017)

Thread Information