User Tag List

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 181

Thread: Top 10 Reasons the Universe is Electric (Electric Universe Theory)

  1. #136
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,607
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 662 Times in 457 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    186104
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    The next one will be his fifth (amendment...)





    (Tough crowd as ever)
    And we have five. Time to pack him in again. But he couldn't leave without one dishonesty...

    Stipe tries another "clever deception":
    So your "stars only" assertion was wrong.
    I showed you that heavy elements are made in stars. Never told you that was the only way. They can also be made in labs where huge energies focused on tiny amounts of matter can do it too. And I told you that. Would you like me to show you, again?

    This is why you have the reputation you have here, Stipe.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (October 11th, 2017),Rusha (October 11th, 2017)

  3. #137
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,139
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 7,329 Times in 5,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147791
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Never told you that was the only way.
    Ah. Your wording made it look like you believed it was stars only.

    This...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Any elements heavier than iron are made in supernova.
    Should have used "most" or "some" instead of "any."

    And to be fair, I've asked you numerous times to clarify.

    They can also be made in labs with huge energies focused on tiny amounts of matter.

    Would you like me to show you how that might work on a large scale within the planet?

    You could read it for yourself.

    Hint: It involves reading past the first sentence.

    This is why you have the reputation you have here, Stipe.


    Just have the conversation; we can eventually work out what you're saying through all the grammatical errors. Not if you're just copying and pasting the same stuff, though.



    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (October 12th, 2017)

  5. #138
    TOL Legend Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    7,899
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 1,848 Posts

    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1920769
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I showed you that heavy elements are made in stars. Never told you that was the only way. They can also be made in labs where huge energies focused on tiny amounts of matter can do it too. And I told you that. Would you like me to show you, again?
    Huge amounts of what kind of energy?
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  6. #139
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,607
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 662 Times in 457 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    186104
    Barbarian observes:
    I showed you that heavy elements are made in stars. Never told you that was the only way. They can also be made in labs where huge energies focused on tiny amounts of matter can do it too. And I told you that. Would you like me to show you, again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    Huge amounts of what kind of energy?
    Kinetic energy. They shoot heavy atoms into other atoms at relativistic speeds. Occasionally, they fuse into something heavier.

    In an experiment that required prodigious patience, researchers at the GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research in Darmstadt, Germany, spent almost five months last year firing titanium-50 ions — each with 22 protons and 28 neutrons — into a berkelium-249 target at the rate of about 5 trillion particles per second. The hope was that, just once or twice, two atoms would fuse to make an element with 119 protons, more than any created before.
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...extreme-atoms/

    But this takes huge energies applied to very tiny amounts of matter. You see, those new elements are only a few atoms. It's been so far impossible, even with that kind of energy, to make a visible amount of it. That might change...

    That is what scientists will attempt next year at the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research in Dubna, Russia. They plan to make neutron-rich isotopes of element 118 by firing beams of calcium-48 into radioactive californium-251.

    The Russian team and others also want go back to the elements already made and create hundreds or thousands of atoms, rather than the handful necessary to claim a discovery. “We should set ourselves the goal of making not one or two atoms, but macroscopic quantities that we can use to study chemistry and nuclear structure in much greater detail,” says Rolf-Dietmar Herzberg, a physicist at the University of Liverpool, UK. That might allow theorists to make more accurate predictions about where the island of stability lies.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    User Name (October 16th, 2017)

  8. #140
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,607
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 662 Times in 457 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    186104
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Ah. Your wording made it look like you believed it was stars only.
    No, that excuse won't work for you, Stipe. I pointed out in this thread that they can also be made in very tiny quantities on labs,using energies that aren't found anywhere but in supernovae.

    You know this. Everyone reading the thread knows this. Learn from it and move on.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  9. #141
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,139
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 7,329 Times in 5,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147791
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    No, that excuse won't work for you, Stipe.
    Excuse? It's called grammar.

    Context usually makes your meaning clear, like when you say "on labs." However, your use of "any" instead of "most" was fatal to proper understanding.

    I pointed out in this thread that they can also be made in very tiny quantities on labs.
    News flash: I try not to read much of what you say.

    And, we know, it means it's not stars alone.

    Move on.
    I did.

    Catch up.

    Would you like to learn how these things happen inside the Earth? You could read for yourself. Hint: It would require more than one sentence.



    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (October 12th, 2017)

  11. #142
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,607
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 662 Times in 457 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    186104
    Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Ah. Your wording made it look like you believed it was stars only.
    No, that excuse won't work for you, Stipe. I pointed out in this thread that they can also be made in very tiny quantities on labs,using energies that aren't found anywhere but in supernovae.

    You know this. Everyone reading the thread knows this. Learn from it and move on.

    Stipe admits:
    News flash: I try not to read much of what you say.
    That's why you got caught again. Get back to us when you've read past the first sentence.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (October 11th, 2017),Rusha (October 11th, 2017),User Name (October 16th, 2017)

  13. #143
    TOL Legend Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    7,899
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 1,848 Posts

    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1920769
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Barbarian observes:
    I showed you that heavy elements are made in stars. Never told you that was the only way. They can also be made in labs where huge energies focused on tiny amounts of matter can do it too. And I told you that. Would you like me to show you, again?



    Kinetic energy. They shoot heavy atoms into other atoms at relativistic speeds. Occasionally, they fuse into something heavier.

    In an experiment that required prodigious patience, researchers at the GSI Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research in Darmstadt, Germany, spent almost five months last year firing titanium-50 ions — each with 22 protons and 28 neutrons — into a berkelium-249 target at the rate of about 5 trillion particles per second. The hope was that, just once or twice, two atoms would fuse to make an element with 119 protons, more than any created before.
    https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...extreme-atoms/

    But this takes huge energies applied to very tiny amounts of matter. You see, those new elements are only a few atoms. It's been so far impossible, even with that kind of energy, to make a visible amount of it. That might change...

    That is what scientists will attempt next year at the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research in Dubna, Russia. They plan to make neutron-rich isotopes of element 118 by firing beams of calcium-48 into radioactive californium-251.

    The Russian team and others also want go back to the elements already made and create hundreds or thousands of atoms, rather than the handful necessary to claim a discovery. “We should set ourselves the goal of making not one or two atoms, but macroscopic quantities that we can use to study chemistry and nuclear structure in much greater detail,” says Rolf-Dietmar Herzberg, a physicist at the University of Liverpool, UK. That might allow theorists to make more accurate predictions about where the island of stability lies.
    Okay, so....

    They take ion's of titanium (i.e. plasma) and accelerate it with electromagnetic fields in order to smash it into ions of berkelium (i.e. plasma) in order to make heavier elements.

    Got it!

    Sounds familiar!


    Clete
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  14. #144
    Over 3000 post club gcthomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,870
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked 777 Times in 525 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    416901
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    Okay, so....

    They take ion's of titanium (i.e. plasma) and accelerate it with electromagnetic fields in order to smash it into ions of berkelium (i.e. plasma) in order to make heavier elements.

    Got it!

    Sounds familiar!


    Clete
    No, you don't get it. First, EU hypothesises magnetic fields, and the experiment describes uses electric fields. So not the same. Second, have you considered thee relative strengths of the fields in these two situations? Without numbers to put to these things you well get nowhere, which is exactly what the EU his have found. No amount of hand waving their "theory" around will get them published work property poet review until they can make numerical models that are at least comparable with modern physics.

    They, and you, are whistling in the wind here.
    We wunt be druv.

    Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

  15. #145
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,139
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 7,329 Times in 5,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147791
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blablabarian View Post
    No, that excuse won't work for you, Stipe. I pointed out in this thread that they can also be made in very tiny quantities on labs,using energies that aren't found anywhere but in supernovae.You know this. Everyone reading the thread knows this. Learn from it and move on.Stipe admits:That's why you got caught again. Get back to us when you've read past the first sentence.


    Blablabarian

    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (October 12th, 2017)

  17. #146
    TOL Legend Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    7,899
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 1,848 Posts

    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1920769
    So far the Thunderbolts Project has put out three videos in this ten part series...

    Top 10 Reasons the Universe is Electric: #1 Cosmic Magnetic Fields

    Top 10 Reasons the Universe is Electric: #2 Filaments in Space

    Top 10 Reasons the Universe is Electric: #3 Cosmic Jets

    These three alone, even if just taken at face value without any endorsement of the Electric Universe theory, present what in my view amounts to proof that there are large scale electrical currents flowing through vast quantities of plasma on scales that the standard model doesn't predict, didn't expect and has no way of explaining.

    I think from this point on, this is the tack I'm going to be on with this thread because I truly am not a proponent of the EU. Perhaps the rest of the videos in this series will bring me closer to being one but I doubt it. I suspect that they will instead simply present more evidence that large scale electrical forces are at work throughout the universe and that a lot of the things the Stand Model thinks its figured out have to be wrong but that is a far distance away from proving that the Electric Universe theory is correct or that the whole of the standard model is fundamentally flawed. Right now it seems to me that some of the EU is correct and some of the standard model is wrong. Of course, any movement mainstream science makes in the direction of acknowledging the existence of large scale electical currents in space will be hailed as a huge victory by the EU folks and perhaps rightly so but the EU is way more than just electricity in space. They see electricity behind all sorts of different things, most of which I don't see the evidence for. But magnetic fields stretching across whole galaxies and even connecting separate galaxies across hundreds or even thousands of light-years, now that's evidence as is the existence of plasma filaments and focused jets that have no way of forming outside the flow of electrical currents.

    Clete
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  18. #147
    Over 3000 post club gcthomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,870
    Thanks
    462
    Thanked 777 Times in 525 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    416901
    There is plenty of research to prove that EU's belief that real science doesn't accept the involvement of magnetic fields is false.

    Try a Google Scholar search on the matter:
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...001&as_sdtp=on

    One hit is this:
    http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1991ApJ...379...80K

    Title: Detection of excess rotation measure due to intracluster magnetic fields in clusters of galaxies
    Authors: Kim, K.-T., Tribble, P. C., & Kronberg, P. P.
    Journal: Astrophysical Journal, Part 1 (ISSN 0004-637X), vol. 379, Sept. 20, 1991, p. 80-88. Research supported by NSERC and University of Toronto.
    Bibliographic Code: 1991ApJ...379...80K


    The idea that science doesn't allow for large magnetic fields in and around galaxies is complete and utter tosh. @Clete, didn't you do any searching for any science that would prove your/their claim false?
    We wunt be druv.

    Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to gcthomas For Your Post:

    User Name (October 16th, 2017)

  20. #148
    Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    5,607
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 662 Times in 457 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    186104
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Excuse?
    News flash: I try not to read much of what you say.
    “Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”
    Fyodor Dostoyvestki

    Listen to him, Stipe.
    Last edited by The Barbarian; October 12th, 2017 at 03:54 PM.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  21. #149
    TOL Legend Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    7,899
    Thanks
    227
    Thanked 2,821 Times in 1,848 Posts

    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1920769
    Quote Originally Posted by gcthomas View Post
    There is plenty of research to prove that EU's belief that real science doesn't accept the involvement of magnetic fields is false.

    Try a Google Scholar search on the matter:
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q...001&as_sdtp=on

    One hit is this:
    http://adsabs.harvard.edu/full/1991ApJ...379...80K

    Title: Detection of excess rotation measure due to intracluster magnetic fields in clusters of galaxies
    Authors: Kim, K.-T., Tribble, P. C., & Kronberg, P. P.
    Journal: Astrophysical Journal, Part 1 (ISSN 0004-637X), vol. 379, Sept. 20, 1991, p. 80-88. Research supported by NSERC and University of Toronto.
    Bibliographic Code: 1991ApJ...379...80K


    The idea that science doesn't allow for large magnetic fields in and around galaxies is complete and utter tosh. @Clete, didn't you do any searching for any science that would prove your/their claim false?
    This is the first of your posts I've read in a while. I see I haven't missed much.

    They make no such claim. Not at least in the sense you've "disproved". If you'd bother to familiarize yourself with what they actually say, you'd find out that much of what they present is directly related to what mainstream scientists have discovered. The orientation of the magnetic fields in galaxies is only one of dozens of such things. They don't claim to have discovered these magnetic fields, they simply acknowledge what their existence means while mainstream science tries to find any explanation they can other than to acknowledge large scale plasma physics and electromagnetic processes that have real effects on, and could be used to explain much of, what we see without the need for ad hoc conjuring of things like dark matter and dark energy and neutron stars and whatever else they can think of besides the electric force that we know for a fact exists and can do actual experiments with in a laboratory with.
    Last edited by Clete; October 13th, 2017 at 07:19 AM.
    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  22. #150
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    15,139
    Thanks
    107
    Thanked 7,329 Times in 5,840 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147791
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    “Above all, don't lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.”
    Fyodor Dostoyvestki

    Listen to him, Stipe.


    You're so stupid.

    Sent from my SM-A520F using TOL mobile app
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Tambora (October 12th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us