User Tag List

Page 250 of 252 FirstFirst ... 150200240247248249250251252 LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 3777

Thread: What is the Gospel?

  1. #3736
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,069
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,577 Times in 8,078 Posts

    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147840
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    Saying Jesus is the gospel man-made doctrine?
    No. Evasion. Why do you teach "man-made doctrine?"
    Saint John W

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 15th, 2018)

  3. #3737
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    17,069
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11,577 Times in 8,078 Posts

    Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147840
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    John W.

    this thread is about gospel.

    what is gospel?
    The gospel of Christ, the power of God unto salvation, to which I have testified for years, on TOL, is summarized in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, its foundation being...

    The Death
    The Burial
    The Resurrection

    .....and that is not equivalent to the gospel of the kingdom, the gospel of Christ, or the everlasting gospel, as "gospel" merely means "good news," as their is plenty of good news in the book, and not all of said good news pertains to justification/salvation-the context tells us what gospel/"good news," is in view.


    Of course, you would not know that, as you are an admitted troll, not studying the details of the book, a book of details.


    You "preach" bad news.

    Good day to you, sir. May the LORD God bless you, and heap hot coals/sulfur upon your head, and that stupid hat.


    Get saved.
    Saint John W

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 15th, 2018)

  5. #3738
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    50,017
    Thanks
    156,084
    Thanked 45,679 Times in 28,097 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148155
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    I am not interested in your favorite verses.

    good day.
    Of course you don't.
    It's scripture, and you reject most of scripture.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Right Divider (February 14th, 2018)

  7. #3739
    Get your armor ready! Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    50,017
    Thanks
    156,084
    Thanked 45,679 Times in 28,097 Posts

    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148155
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    The Watchtower has done considerable harm to Meshak....
    Yeppers.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Right Divider (February 14th, 2018)

  9. #3740
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    7,443
    Thanks
    2,728
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,252 Posts

    Blog Entries
    89
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1482089

    Lightbulb Bag the 'theology', lets see love in action...............

    ~*~*~

    And the world goes to pot while so many argue over what the so called 'gospel' is. Wonderful job folks.

    Simply shared, its the goodnews of love's saving grace, how we receive this grace into our lives, imbibing and transforming us to be extensions of same love to all. The fruit of this love ought be seen in all those who CLAIM to have accepted and choosen to be 'transformed' thereby, who by their own lives of example of service reveal the 'Christ' to all men, and not just by mere 'lip service' or any exclusive claim of being 'saved' by some religious formula or pet creed.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to freelight For Your Post:

    marhig (February 15th, 2018)

  11. #3741
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,700
    Thanks
    3,810
    Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,482 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    ~*~*~

    And the world goes to pot while so many argue over what the so called 'gospel' is. Wonderful job folks.

    Simply shared, its the goodnews of love's saving grace, how we receive this grace into our lives, imbibing and transforming us to be extensions of same love to all. The fruit of this love ought be seen in all those who CLAIM to have accepted and choosen to be 'transformed' thereby, who by their own lives of example of service reveal the 'Christ' to all men, and not just by mere 'lip service' or any exclusive claim of being 'saved' by some religious formula or pet creed.
    @freelight:
    did you read my Samaritan account post?

    Jesus explains how to inherit eternal life.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to meshak For Your Post:

    freelight (February 15th, 2018),marhig (February 15th, 2018)

  13. #3742
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    7,443
    Thanks
    2,728
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,252 Posts

    Blog Entries
    89
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1482089
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    @freelight:
    did you read my Samaritan account post?

    Jesus explains how to inherit eternal life.
    You'll have to link me to it, if it was directed to me personally

    I just tire of some religious antics and mentalities, hence my critiques and observations. Jesus good news was a message about and of God's KINGDOM, and repentance was the way into it, then living by the laws, principles and ethics of that kingdom, governed by the Spirit. Basic fundamentals here, while you can entertain or dissertate any other concept or related doctrine if you like. Knock urself out.

    As far as the Samaritans go, you know they were not high on the respect list of the so called 'formal' Jews, but Jesus gave to them living water as well, and granted them at least some bread crumbs that fell from the tables of inheritance.

    The good news is universal, no one owns 'God', but everyone has their 'version' of Jesus, no doubt

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to freelight For Your Post:

    marhig (February 15th, 2018)

  15. #3743
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,700
    Thanks
    3,810
    Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,482 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

  16. #3744
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    7,443
    Thanks
    2,728
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,252 Posts

    Blog Entries
    89
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1482089

    Red face Bowl of cherries......

    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    Yes,....I read over it. To most here though, its another 'apples or oranges' argument - cherry picking welcome lol

    Of course,....the universal law is love itself, and the practice of its ethic and motive, which is what the Shema and 10 commandments are a summary of. If you love with all your heart, you will love all (The Creator and all his Creation). One can claim he knows 'God' all he wants intellectually, but you dont know 'God' unless you know him in nature and spirit, which then grants you interior knowledge of HIS WILL.

    But to direct back to the subject here,....the universal gospel is the summation and repletion of the goodnews and glad tidings of God's love to man, in the building of his kingdom in our midst. The realization of this 'gospel' will be the full demonstration and enjoyment of the reality of this kingdom being LIVED, being RELATED in every aspect and dimension of existence.

    Labels, denominations, lapels and church hats can be left at the door. - 'God' is not impressed. Nothing against those,.....or choosing a particular brand, sect or doctrinal bend,....just make sure you have a heart that is pure, hands that are clean, and are loving and serving all of life, DOING GOOD to others. Thats the ticket that gets you thru life, and opens your way to inherit all God has, and all God IS.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to freelight For Your Post:

    marhig (February 15th, 2018)

  18. #3745
    Over 5000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,494
    Thanks
    1,945
    Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,844 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    Yes,....I read over it. To most here though, its another 'apples or oranges' argument - cherry picking welcome lol

    Of course,....the universal law is love itself, and the practice of its ethic and motive, which is what the Shema and 10 commandments are a summary of. If you love with all your heart, you will love all (The Creator and all his Creation). One can claim he knows 'God' all he wants intellectually, but you dont know 'God' unless you know him in nature and spirit, which then grants you interior knowledge of HIS WILL.

    But to direct back to the subject here,....the universal gospel is the summation and repletion of the goodnews and glad tidings of God's love to man, in the building of his kingdom in our midst. The realization of this 'gospel' will be the full demonstration and enjoyment of the reality of this kingdom being LIVED, being RELATED in every aspect and dimension of existence.

    Labels, denominations, lapels and church hats can be left at the door. - 'God' is not impressed. Nothing against those,.....or choosing a particular brand, sect or doctrinal bend,....just make sure you have a heart that is pure, hands that are clean, and are loving and serving all of life, DOING GOOD to others. Thats the ticket that gets you thru life, and opens your way to inherit all God has, and all God IS.
    Freelight, those last three posts are great, and I totally agree, God doesn't look at a denomination, he looks at the heart. He doesn't want flowing robes and glamorous hats etc, ornate churches etc. God wants our hearts, and our vessels to be cleansed from within. We are God's temple, made by his hand ready for his use.

    And he wants those who love him to live it out and bring his love to others, and if we truly follow Jesus and truly love God, then we will love all that he's created and have hope for everyone, and have a forgiving caring loving heart, because if we truly belong to Christ, then he will be with us helping us to overcome the flesh and this world and we will be changed to be more like him, loving and caring and being there for others, regardless of who they are. A new creature bringing forth the fruits of the Spirit instead of the works of the flesh which should be being put to death in our hearts through Christ Jesus by the power of the Spirit.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to marhig For Your Post:

    freelight (February 15th, 2018)

  20. #3746
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    7,443
    Thanks
    2,728
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,252 Posts

    Blog Entries
    89
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1482089
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Freelight, those last three posts are great, and I totally agree, God doesn't look at a denomination, he looks at the heart. He doesn't want flowing robes and glamorous hats etc, ornate churches etc. God wants our hearts, and our vessels to be cleansed from within. We are God's temple, made by his hand ready for his use.

    And he wants those who love him to live it out and bring his love to others, and if we truly follow Jesus and truly love God, then we will love all that he's created and have hope for everyone, and have a forgiving caring loving heart, because if we truly belong to Christ, then he will be with us helping us to overcome the flesh and this world and we will be changed to be more like him, loving and caring and being there for others, regardless of who they are. A new creature bringing forth the fruits of the Spirit instead of the works of the flesh which should be being put to death in our hearts through Christ Jesus by the power of the Spirit.


    I've always agreed with you in spirit

    God is ONE.

    Now as far as different terms, symbols and analogies within the broader spectrum of religious studies,...thats where I sometimes play and hone my studies, but these are but electives along the path of a more universal cosmic approach to the unity and diversity within all creation.

    "Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God" - purity of heart and love for God is fundamental/essential to life.

    'Good news' cannot have anything 'bad' in it, but a good measure of conventional theology has bad elements.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to freelight For Your Post:

    marhig (February 15th, 2018)

  22. #3747
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,874
    Thanks
    1,942
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,430 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    ~*~*~

    And the world goes to pot while so many argue over what the so called 'gospel' is. Wonderful job folks.

    Simply shared, its the goodnews of love's saving grace, how we receive this grace into our lives, imbibing and transforming us to be extensions of same love to all. The fruit of this love ought be seen in all those who CLAIM to have accepted and choosen to be 'transformed' thereby, who by their own lives of example of service reveal the 'Christ' to all men, and not just by mere 'lip service' or any exclusive claim of being 'saved' by some religious formula or pet creed.
    Jesus IS love.

    Jesus IS the truth.

    You wander from that truth then you wander from love.

    You make for yourself a false god when you pick and choose what you want to believe about God.

  23. #3748
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,700
    Thanks
    3,810
    Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,482 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    Yes,....I read over it. To most here though, its another 'apples or oranges' argument - cherry picking welcome lol
    I used that account because it says clearly how to inherit eternal life literally.

  24. #3749
    Over 5000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,494
    Thanks
    1,945
    Thanked 2,407 Times in 1,844 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    I used that account because it says clearly how to inherit eternal life literally.
    I agree, I also believe that we have to endure to the end to be eternally saved as Jesus says.

    If we live by the will of God and obey him, loving God with all our hearts and our neighbour as ourselves then we will live. Because God will send us his Holy Spirit which brings us from death to life, and he will be keeping us alive in God as long as we carry on living by God's will and remain in his goodness and denying ourselves, we are also to take up our cross and truly follow Jesus, partaking in the sufferings of Christ to bring the truth and love of God and the life of Christ to others and keep our faith till the end, regardless of what we go through and by God's grace we can overcome.

  25. #3750
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    13,700
    Thanks
    3,810
    Thanked 1,846 Times in 1,482 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    I agree, I also believe that we have to endure to the end to be eternally saved as Jesus says.

    If we live by the will of God and obey him, loving God with all our hearts and our neighbour as ourselves then we will live. Because God will send us his Holy Spirit which brings us from death to life, and he will be keeping us alive in God as long as we carry on living by God's will and remain in his goodness and denying ourselves, we are also to take up our cross and truly follow Jesus, partaking in the sufferings of Christ to bring the truth and love of God and the life of Christ to others and keep our faith till the end, regardless of what we go through and by God's grace we can overcome.
    @marhig:

    I wanted make sure that most churches are not claiming what Jesus says about salvation.

    Do you guys realize you and I are not His followers because we don't agree with their core of salvation, according to them?

    I cannot even used the word because if I do, I will be banned.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to meshak For Your Post:

    marhig (February 15th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us