User Tag List

Page 252 of 252 FirstFirst ... 152202242249250251252
Results 3,766 to 3,777 of 3777

Thread: What is the Gospel?

  1. #3766
    Man O' War Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    46,890
    Thanks
    142,785
    Thanked 43,236 Times in 26,534 Posts

    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148120
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Jesus tells us more than just believe.

    Paul does too.

    Paul gives possibly more commands than anyone.
    Paul tells you point blank that it is none of your righteousness and obedience.
    You don't even believe Paul.
    You fight against what Jesus and Paul by relying on yourself instead of the righteousness and obedience of the ONE and only that you need to rely upon.
    You hate grace and teach against it.
    Thank GOD we have scripture to show your errors.

    Romans 5:18-19 KJV
    (18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
    (19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

    HINT: That one still ain't you, GT.
    As much as you want it that way you cannot make it say two.

    "The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name." Exodus 15:3

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Right Divider (February 16th, 2018)

  3. #3767
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    35,645
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 2,320 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Paul tells you point blank that it is none of your righteousness and obedience.
    You don't even believe Paul.
    You fight against what Jesus and Paul by relying on yourself instead of the righteousness and obedience of the ONE and only that you need to rely upon.
    You hate grace and teach against it.
    Thank GOD we have scripture to show your errors.

    Romans 5:18-19 KJV
    (18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
    (19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

    HINT: That one still ain't you, GT.
    As much as you want it that way you cannot make it say two.

    When Paul says not of by works, Paul is explaining that we don't have to get circumcised and we don't have to stay out of the temple if we didn't have a bath after a bodily fluid incident.

    Paul is not saying we no longer have to obey.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    meshak (Yesterday)

  5. #3768
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    35,645
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 2,320 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Wrong.
    Just tell me how good it is when you started obeying Jesus; someone want to tell, anyone want to say?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    meshak (Yesterday)

  7. #3769
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    12,451
    Thanks
    3,327
    Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,328 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    369647
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Just tell me how good it is when you started obeying Jesus; someone want to tell, anyone want to say?
    it is blessing
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to meshak For Your Post:

    God's Truth (February 19th, 2018)

  9. #3770
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    35,645
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 2,320 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    it is blessing
    Yes, it is. How do they not promote it?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  10. #3771
    LIFETIME MEMBER meshak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    12,451
    Thanks
    3,327
    Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,328 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    369647
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Yes, it is. How do they not promote it?
    good question.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to meshak For Your Post:

    God's Truth (February 15th, 2018)

  12. #3772
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    7,312
    Thanks
    2,644
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,214 Posts

    Blog Entries
    87
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1467338

    Lightbulb Gospel basics......

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Yes, it is. How do they not promote it?

    Anyone promoting not following Gods laws or living by divine precepts and principles is advocating sin. Love by nature obeys its own inherent character, so that obedience to love is obeying the law of God, the divine law being love itself and its directives.

    The goodnews is that we can be citizens of heaven by living by the law of the Spirit. "The kingdom of God is righteousness, joy and peace in the holy spirit". This kingdom of heaven is in our midst, within and all around us. This is surely good news. No need to complicate it.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to freelight For Your Post:

    marhig (Today)

  14. #3773
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    35,645
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 2,320 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    Anyone promoting not following Gods laws or living by divine precepts and principles is advocating sin. Love by nature obeys its own inherent character, so that obedience to love is obeying the law of God, the divine law being love itself and its directives.

    The goodnews is that we can be citizens of heaven by living by the law of the Spirit. "The kingdom of God is righteousness, joy and peace in the holy spirit". This kingdom of heaven is in our midst, within and all around us. This is surely good news. No need to complicate it.
    You do not obey and you preach falseness.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  15. #3774
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    7,312
    Thanks
    2,644
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,214 Posts

    Blog Entries
    87
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1467338
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You do not obey and you preach falseness.
    Show what is false in my post or promotes disobedience. Bearing false witness is not a godly virtue.

  16. #3775
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    35,645
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 2,320 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    Show what is false in my post or promotes disobedience. Bearing false witness is not a godly virtue.
    I have been telling you all along. You take out parts of the Bible you don't like and you add from other sources. God says not to do that.

    The Bible says other gods are demons.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  17. #3776
    Eclectic Theosophist freelight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Bend, OR. USA
    Posts
    7,312
    Thanks
    2,644
    Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,214 Posts

    Blog Entries
    87
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1467338

    Thumbs down Haughtiness is not a fruit of the spirit...........

    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post

    I have been telling you all along. You take out parts of the Bible you don't like and you add from other sources. God says not to do that.

    The Bible says other gods are demons.
    You didnt answer my question about my post. Its because you have no grounds to do so. You are making a blanket judgment statement unrelated to the content of my commentary which is diversionary and disingenuous.

    The truth shared in that post is fundamental to my understanding of the law of God and his kingdom as I've shared for years here and abroad. My former posts in this thread also hold about the gospel, especially regarding the kingdom.

    I'll stick to discussing the subject at hand rather than foster accusations and judgments.

  18. #3777
    TOL Legend God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    35,645
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 2,527 Times in 2,320 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    You didnt answer my question about my post. Its because you have no grounds to do so. You are making a blanket judgment statement unrelated to the content of my commentary which is diversionary and disingenuous.

    The truth shared in that post is fundamental to my understanding of the law of God and his kingdom as I've shared for years here and abroad. My former posts in this thread also hold about the gospel, especially regarding the kingdom.

    I'll stick to discussing the subject at hand rather than foster accusations and judgments.
    You want me to pretend that you don't believe and do what you told me about you.

    I can't do that.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 6 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 6 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us