Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: boycott the NFL

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Lennon's dream is coming true right before our eyes. The individual in the ascendancy and those institutions which served to promote higher ideals being trounced. Who would have thought defending the need to honor the anthem and the flag (and all they stand for) would be considered divisive.
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Isaiah 50:10-11

LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,216 Times in 1,048 Posts

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The NFL is the disgrace today...
    Why just today? The NFL has turned the sport of football into a huge tax payer subsidized business that not only coddles it's immoral players but embraces a left wing agenda.

Donald Trump embraces much of that left wing agenda that the NFL does, I don't know why they can't both get along.

If Donald Trump were truly interested in bringing this broken country together, he'd articulate as to why the players who are protesting "police brutality" by refusing to stand for the National Anthem should appreciate not only the men and women in law enforcement who protect them, but the nation that allows them to be multi-millionaires for playing with a leather ball.
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Thanks
    Thanked 14,326 Times in 11,397 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    50,000 dead in the vietnam war for what JP? you are a ignorant right wing yes boy that is sad.
    You need to watch episode one of Ken Brurns Vietnam War playing now on PBS, you don't know squat about that war. Just like your false religion
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

4. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (September 26th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nikolai_42 View Post
    John Lennon's dream is coming true right before our eyes. The individual in the ascendancy and those institutions which served to promote higher ideals being trounced. Who would have thought defending the need to honor the anthem and the flag (and all they stand for) would be considered divisive.
    You call it honouring, but it is idolatry.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    You call it honouring, but it is idolatry.
    My comment has to do with the general direction of things as evidenced by what is happening in the NFL. What was supposed to be a protest over killings that were considered unjustified (cops killing black men) became a larger issue by dragging the whole country into something that should have gone away a long time ago. But it is kept alive by political opportunists who know they can maintain influence as long as there is a crisis. So a generation is being taught that America is evil at the same time the individual is replacing the country as an object of sovereign esteem. In days gone by, patriotic symbols provoked love of country because it was also recognized (as indicated in founding documents) that our very rights derive from our Creator. It wasn't an idolatrous love. For years, Presidents declared days of fasting and prayer and seeking repentance for the country - there was an honest recognition that liberty and safety came (ultimately) from God. The country was far from perfect, but her blessings were seen to derive from above. Once the Almighty is removed from the equation, the individual fills in the hole. The nation that forgets God (not merely the nation that sins) is turned into hell. Now the sins of her past are being used as an excuse to deny all the blessings of liberty because many do not want to acknowledge Who provided them. So the individual has to replace the sovereign nation. That is the spirit at work now.

Remember, even Daniel gave honor to the king that held him captive :

Then was king Belshazzar greatly troubled, and his countenance was changed in him, and his lords were astonied.
    Now the queen by reason of the words of the king and his lords came into the banquet house: and the queen spake and said, O king, live for ever: let not thy thoughts trouble thee, nor let thy countenance be changed:

Daniel 5:9-10

Then said these men, We shall not find any occasion against this Daniel, except we find it against him concerning the law of his God.
    Then these presidents and princes assembled together to the king, and said thus unto him, King Darius, live for ever.

Daniel 6:5-6

Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.
    Daniel 6:21

Daniel did exactly what others did in honoring the king. And there is nowhere where I see him being rebuked for idolatry. And he could have been if scripture is read a certain way :

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
    For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

Deuteronomy 32:39-40

Idolatry is in the heart. Those that bless God for all that He has bestowed on them are not being idolatrous when they honor the flag, the country, the President.
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikolai_42 For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (September 26th, 2017),patrick jane (September 26th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My comment has to do with the general direction of things as evidenced by what is happening in the NFL. What was supposed to be a protest over killings that were considered unjustified (cops killing black men) became a larger issue by dragging the whole country into something that should have gone away a long time ago. But it is kept alive by political opportunists who know they can maintain influence as long as there is a crisis. So a generation is being taught that America is evil at the same time the individual is replacing the country as an object of sovereign esteem. In days gone by, patriotic symbols provoked love of country because it was also recognized (as indicated in founding documents) that our very rights derive from our Creator. It wasn't an idolatrous love. For years, Presidents declared days of fasting and prayer and seeking repentance for the country - there was an honest recognition that liberty and safety came (ultimately) from God. The country was far from perfect, but her blessings were seen to derive from above. Once the Almighty is removed from the equation, the individual fills in the hole. The nation that forgets God (not merely the nation that sins) is turned into hell. Now the sins of her past are being used as an excuse to deny all the blessings of liberty because many do not want to acknowledge Who provided them. So the individual has to replace the sovereign nation. That is the spirit at work now.

Remember, even Daniel gave honor to the king that held him captive :

Then was king Belshazzar greatly troubled, and his countenance was changed in him, and his lords were astonied.
    Now the queen by reason of the words of the king and his lords came into the banquet house: and the queen spake and said, O king, live for ever: let not thy thoughts trouble thee, nor let thy countenance be changed:

Daniel 5:9-10

Then said these men, We shall not find any occasion against this Daniel, except we find it against him concerning the law of his God.
    Then these presidents and princes assembled together to the king, and said thus unto him, King Darius, live for ever.

Daniel 6:5-6

Then said Daniel unto the king, O king, live for ever.
    Daniel 6:21

Daniel did exactly what others did in honoring the king. And there is nowhere where I see him being rebuked for idolatry. And he could have been if scripture is read a certain way :

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
    For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

Deuteronomy 32:39-40

Idolatry is in the heart. Those that bless God for all that He has bestowed on them are not being idolatrous when they honor the flag, the country, the President.
    You try and make a case for sin and for sinners you obviously succeed, but for the regenerate you fail.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You try and make a case for sin and for sinners you obviously succeed, but for the regenerate you fail.
    Was Daniel a sinner?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was Daniel a sinner?
    Daniel was a repentant sinner.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daniel was a repentant sinner.
    Did he commit idolatry by what he said to the king?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,945 Times in 4,900 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    boycott the NFL
    Nah. I'm not tuning in to see who stands, kneels or sleeps during the national anthem. I tune in because I like the game.
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to heir For Your Post:

Foxfire (September 26th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did he commit idolatry by what he said to the king?
    If you want to take what Daniel said to the king and use it as a justification for idolatry that is your choice.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to take what Daniel said to the king and use it as a justification for idolatry that is your choice.
    Did Daniel commit idolatry by what he said? If not, why not? Can a person not love their country without loving the Almighty as He requires? Doesn't the fact that we are to give honor and reverence to others beyond God Himself indicate that there are various objects of love pleasing to Him (not just Him directly)?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nikolai_42 For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (September 26th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All your religion is in vain if you practise idolatry. Using scripture to justify the sin just makes it worse. And undoubtedly you pass it on to your children and so the sins of the fathers are visited upon the sons.

I recollect we have had similar exchanges about idolatry before and as usual you are blind to the spiritual
    identification of the idols and your service to them.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All your religion is in vain if you practise idolatry. Using scripture to justify the sin just makes it worse. And undoubtedly you pass it on to your children and so the sins of the fathers are visited upon the sons.

I recollect we have had similar exchanges about idolatry before and as usual you are blind to the spiritual
    identification of the idols and your service to them.
    But you still haven't even said what the idol is here. You have said I am guilty of idolatry but haven't said what that is or even given any explanation as to why this unnamed idol is, in fact, my idol. You also still haven't answered the question about Daniel - why what he said wasn't idolatry.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to nikolai_42 For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (September 27th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you still haven't even said what the idol is here. You have said I am guilty of idolatry but haven't said what that is or even given any explanation as to why this unnamed idol is, in fact, my idol. You also still haven't answered the question about Daniel - why what he said wasn't idolatry.
    Flag worship, national pride, professional sport and I'm just scratching the surface.

Everything Daniel spoke was purposed in the eternal will. Daniel was intended to prosper in captivity and as a regenerate man he was as wise as a serpent and as timid as a dove. Chapter 9 onwards gives the reason for this prosperity.

Thread Information