Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Christ name is

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    No, "Yah" is not a "short form" of the name of the Father, (the Tetragrammaton). That is rather your opinion based on what other so-called "scholars" have agreed upon and told you they believe. Why do you not answer my question? Who told you it is okay to shorten the Name of the Father? Would you appreciate it if someone came along and decided to shorten or abridge your name by half of what it is? No one gave you that permission but rather you assume it because the scholars whom you put your trust in have assumed it. Your assumption of the right to cut the name of the Father in half is therefore based on nothing more than the scholarly opinions of those who do the same and assume to themselves the right to do what they likewise do.

Moreover "Yah" is used many more times than what you have claimed because you and the so-called scholars do not take the Septuagint into account and how they rendered the Hebrew into Greek in many critical and explanatory places; and that is especially true in Genesis, where the Tetragrammaton appears to be in the Hebrew but does not get rendered as such into the Greek Septuagint: and it is that way not because they had "some other Hebrew text", or omitted anything, but because the waw-vav was originally used as a word separator and was read that way by the ancients in many places where it is not now read that way by so-called scholarship and because of what the Masoretes did to the modern Masoretic Hebrew text, (and Paul reveals this also by quoting from Isaiah 45 concerning Meshiah Yah). Moreover, because you and they do not understand the Nomina Sacra, (specifically Iota-Heta), and how and why the name of the Master, (Iota-Heta), is employed throughout the entire Greek NT, the error is hidden from both you and them.
    Yahwah means "Life Began." Yah is God's first name. God is "Life." There should be no letter or vowel to separate God's first and last name.

Yahshua means "Yah's Salvation." There should be no letter or vowel to separate Christ first and last name.

As you may know, the letters in the Greek and Hebrew are ran together in the text writings.

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to hear more about the Vav / waw prefix.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    The best study I've read on that is in Young's Literal translation of the Bible. Having said that he misses out on the deeper truth due to his lack of understanding of time in relation to eternity.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 920 Posts

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yahwah means "Life Began." Yah is God's first name. God is "Life." There should be no letter or vowel to separate God's first and last name.

Yahshua means "Yah's Salvation." There should be no letter or vowel to separate Christ first and last name.

As you may know, the letters in the Greek and Hebrew are ran together in the text writings.
    First and last names now?

The name of the Father, (as far as a particular spelling), is the Tetragrammaton.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to daqq For Your Post:

freelight (October 5th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are addressing this to me then what I mentioned was how the waw-vav was originally used as a word separator, (as well as being used to form words). When it was read as a word separator it was either not read as part of a word at all or it was read as "and", "but", etc., between two words. The original Ashuri text from the time of Ezra did not have the modern final form letters, (sofits), and was written in scriptura continua, (no spaces, like the Koine Greek Uncial manuscripts which all of the more ancient Greek NT writings are written in). Because there was no spacing, and no final form letters, the waw-vav doubled as a word separator, (which made the Hebrew text very difficult to read and understand).

Example:

יהוהאלהים

Possible readings depending upon the surrounding context:

1) "YHWH Elohim" (יהוה אלהים)
    2) "Yah the Elohim" (יה ו האלהים)
    3) "Yah and the Elohim" (יה והאלהים)

UNTIL the Masorete Hebrew text came along it was up to the reader or translator(s) to determine where the waw-vav was being used as a word separator and where it was actually part of a word. And as I said previously, the way Paul understands the scripture, (and because he quotes from the Septuagint or something very similar to it), the name "Yah" is used many more times than what you have counted from the Masoretic text. This is especially crucial when it comes to places where your understanding could result in the possibility of a blasphemous statement concerning the Father: for instance, teaching that the Father "knows evil", (the question from the thread which I already referenced), such as the Masoretic text does in Genesis 3:22, while those who rendered the Hebrew text into the Greek Septuagint, (long before the Masorete text ever came about), clearly knew better than to make such an egregious error.

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you are addressing this to me then what I mentioned was how the waw-vav was originally used as a word separator, (as well as being used to form words). When it was read as a word separator it was either not read as part of a word at all or it was read as "and", "but", etc., between two words. The original Ashuri text from the time of Ezra did not have the modern final form letters, (sofits), and was written in scriptura continua, (no spaces, like the Koine Greek Uncial manuscripts which all of the more ancient Greek NT writings are written in). Because there was no spacing, and no final form letters, the waw-vav doubled as a word separator, (which made the Hebrew text very difficult to read and understand).

Example:

יהוהאלהים

Possible readings depending upon the surrounding context:

1) "YHWH Elohim" (יהוה אלהים)
    2) "Yah the Elohim" (יה ו האלהים)
    3) "Yah and the Elohim" (יה והאלהים)

UNTIL the Masorete Hebrew text came along it was up to the reader or translator(s) to determine where the waw-vav was being used as a word separator and where it was actually part of a word. And as I said previously, the way Paul understands the scripture, (and because he quotes from the Septuagint or something very similar to it), the name "Yah" is used many more times than what you have counted from the Masoretic text. This is especially crucial when it comes to places where your understanding could result in the possibility of a blasphemous statement concerning the Father: for instance, teaching that the Father "knows evil", (the question from the thread which I already referenced), such as the Masoretic text does in Genesis 3:22, while those who rendered the Hebrew text into the Greek Septuagint, (long before the Masorete text ever came about), clearly knew better than to make such an egregious error.
    Thank you very much Daqq, that is very useful. Do you have any more gems like that?

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First and last names now?

The name of the Father, (as far as a particular spelling), is the Tetragrammaton.
    Brown-Driver-Briggs
    יָהּ50 proper name, of deity contracted from יהוה, first appears in early poems; Exodus 15:2 עָזִי וְזִמְרָת יָהּ My strength and song is Yah (cited Isaiah 12:2; Psalm 118:14), compare the poetic extract יָד עַל כֵּס יָהּ = hand to the throne of Yah Exodus 17:16 (E), the song of Hezekiah Isaiah 38:11 (repeated by dittography), (א)שׁ להבת יה (so read in preference to the ᵑ0 שַׁלְהֶבֶתְיָה) = flame of fire from Yah Songs 8:6; ביה יהוה Isaiah 26:4 (והיה sustained by Aq and the rhythmical movement, unless it be a mistake for שׁמו, compare Psalm 68:5), יה אלהים Psalm 68:19. Elsewhere יָהּ is used only in late Psalms, especially in the Hallels, in the phrase הַלֲלוּיָֿהּ praise ye Yah Psalm 104:35; Psalm 105:45; Psalm 106:1; Psalm 106:48; Psalm 111:1; Psalm 112:1; Psalm 113:1; Psalm 113:9; Psalm 115:18; Psalm 116:19; Psalm 117:2; Psalm 135:1; Psalm 135:3; Psalm 135:21; Psalm 146:1; Psalm 146:10; Psalm 147:1; Psalm 147:20; Psalm 148:1; Psalm 148:14; Psalm 149:1; Psalm 149:9; Psalm 150:1; Psalm 150:6, compare also יהלל יה Psalm 102:19 יהללו יה Psalm 115:17 תהלל יה Psalm 150:6 (see הלל); in variant reading other phrases Psalm 77:12; Psalm 89:9; Psalm 94:7; Psalm 94:12; Psalm 115:18; Psalm 118:5 (twice in verse); Psalm 118:17; Psalm 118:18; Psalm 118:19; Psalm 122:4; Psalm 130:3; Psalm 135:4.

Thanks

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brown-Driver-Briggs
    יָהּ50 proper name, of deity contracted from יהוה, first appears in early poems; Exodus 15:2 עָזִי וְזִמְרָת יָהּ My strength and song is Yah (cited Isaiah 12:2; Psalm 118:14), compare the poetic extract יָד עַל כֵּס יָהּ = hand to the throne of Yah Exodus 17:16 (E), the song of Hezekiah Isaiah 38:11 (repeated by dittography), (א)שׁ להבת יה (so read in preference to the ᵑ0 שַׁלְהֶבֶתְיָה) = flame of fire from Yah Songs 8:6; ביה יהוה Isaiah 26:4 (והיה sustained by Aq and the rhythmical movement, unless it be a mistake for שׁמו, compare Psalm 68:5), יה אלהים Psalm 68:19. Elsewhere יָהּ is used only in late Psalms, especially in the Hallels, in the phrase הַלֲלוּיָֿהּ praise ye Yah Psalm 104:35; Psalm 105:45; Psalm 106:1; Psalm 106:48; Psalm 111:1; Psalm 112:1; Psalm 113:1; Psalm 113:9; Psalm 115:18; Psalm 116:19; Psalm 117:2; Psalm 135:1; Psalm 135:3; Psalm 135:21; Psalm 146:1; Psalm 146:10; Psalm 147:1; Psalm 147:20; Psalm 148:1; Psalm 148:14; Psalm 149:1; Psalm 149:9; Psalm 150:1; Psalm 150:6, compare also יהלל יה Psalm 102:19 יהללו יה Psalm 115:17 תהלל יה Psalm 150:6 (see הלל); in variant reading other phrases Psalm 77:12; Psalm 89:9; Psalm 94:7; Psalm 94:12; Psalm 115:18; Psalm 118:5 (twice in verse); Psalm 118:17; Psalm 118:18; Psalm 118:19; Psalm 122:4; Psalm 130:3; Psalm 135:4.
    Quoting the BDB, (or Thayer's, or Strong's, etc.), proves nothing because scripture context and scripture teaching and scripture doctrine is the only way to find what I have presented here, (and again, as already stated and even shown now multiple times, PAUL has the answers). You simply choose to believe man, (so-called scholars), over and above the teachings of the scripture because you either do not wish to spend your time to do your own investigation or perhaps do not feel you are capable of doing your own investigation, (but I know that everyone here, who can read and write, and obviously has online access to the internet, is capable enough).

Thanks

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much Daqq, that is very useful. Do you have any more gems like that?
    Yep, here is another gem:

Exodus 6:2-3
    2 And Elohim spoke to Moshe and said to him, I am YHWH.
    3 And I appeared to Abraham, to Yitzchak, and to Yaakob, through El Shaddai: but by My name YHWH I was not known to them.

Now therefore you have a serious problem if indeed you care about scripture integrity: for according to the Masorete Hebrew text Abraham is made to be saying the Tetragrammaton name of the Father in manifold places, (including prayers which are supposed to be quotes of his own words in his prayers and supplications), but which cannot be true because those instances openly contradict the above statement. Moreover, understanding Genesis according to the Genesis Tablet Theory, which I believe to be true, only exacerbates and highlights this problem because it is clear that no one before Moshe knew the Tetragrammaton name of the Father: and yet the first five chapters, at the very least, are not written by Moshe but rather compiled by Moshe, and are the words from tablets of the ancients who came before him. Adam did not know the Tetragrammaton name of the Father, (neither could Chavah or Eve have known it, though she is made to say it in Gen 4:1, in the Masorete Hebrew text, and she attributes the birth of Cain to the Almighty, ). Noah did not know the Tetragrammaton name of the Father, Abraham did not know the Tetragrammaton name of the Father, but those before Moshe did know the names Yah and El Shaddai who appeared to them and spoke to them: for the Father made appearances to them through, or by way of, El Shaddai, (and Yah Elohim, the Son, the Word, whom Abraham has a conversation with in Gen 15:1-17). The Father is non-corporeal Spirit: no man has seen or beheld the Father at any time.

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, here is another gem:

Exodus 6:2-3
    2 And Elohim spoke to Moshe and said to him, I am YHWH.
    3 And I appeared to Abraham, to Yitzchak, and to Yaakob, through El Shaddai: but by My name YHWH I was not known to them.

Now therefore you have a serious problem if indeed you care about scripture integrity: for according to the Masorete Hebrew text Abraham is made to be saying the Tetragrammaton name of the Father in manifold places, (including prayers which are supposed to be quotes of his own words in his prayers and supplications), but which cannot be true because those instances openly contradict the above statement. Moreover, understanding Genesis according to the Genesis Tablet Theory, which I believe to be true, only exacerbates and highlights this problem because it is clear that no one before Moshe knew the Tetragrammaton name of the Father: and yet the first five chapters, at the very least, are not written by Moshe but rather compiled by Moshe, and are the words from tablets of the ancients who came before him. Adam did not know the Tetragrammaton name of the Father, (neither could Chavah or Eve have known it, though she is made to say it in Gen 4:1, in the Masorete Hebrew text, and she attributes the birth of Cain to the Almighty, ). Noah did not know the Tetragrammaton name of the Father, Abraham did not know the Tetragrammaton name of the Father, but those before Moshe did know the names Yah and El Shaddai who appeared to them and spoke to them: for the Father made appearances to them through, or by way of, El Shaddai, (and Yah Elohim, the Son, the Word, whom Abraham has a conversation with in Gen 15:1-17). The Father is non-corporeal Spirit: no man has seen or beheld the Father at any time.
    #1. People do have more than one name.
    #2. Adam and Eve knew God's name as Yahwah, but over time it was forgotten.

Exodus 6:3
    I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name (the LORD / Yahwah) I did not make myself fully known to them.

Genesis 4:1. 4 Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of (the Lord / Yahwah) I have brought forth a man.”

Thanks

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1. People do have more than one name.
    #2. Adam and Eve knew God's name as Yahwah, but over time it was forgotten.

Exodus 6:3
    I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name (the LORD / Yahwah) I did not make myself fully known to them.

Genesis 4:1. 4 Adam made love to his wife Eve, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Cain. She said, “With the help of (the Lord / Yahwah) I have brought forth a man.”

Genesis 4:1 LXX
    1 αδαμ δε εγνω ευαν την γυναικα αυτου και συλλαβουσα ετεκεν τον καιν και ειπεν εκτησαμην ανθρωπον δια του θεου
    1 And Adam knew Eve his wife, and conceiving she brought forth Kain, and said, I have acquired a man by way of the Elohim.

But since you choose not to hear; have a nice thread.
    Last edited by daqq; September 26th, 2017 at 08:16 PM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Genesis 4:1 LXX
    1 αδαμ δε εγνω ευαν την γυναικα αυτου και συλλαβουσα ετεκεν τον καιν και ειπεν εκτησαμην ανθρωπον δια του θεου
    1 And Adam knew Eve his wife, and conceiving she brought forth Kain, and said, I have acquired a man by way of the Elohim.

But since you choose not to hear; have a nice thread.
    I checked Gen 1:4 with two different sources and they show the name Yahwah.

As you can see, the name is Yahwah.
    Masoretic Text
    א וְהָאָדָם, יָדַע אֶת-חַוָּה אִשְׁתּוֹ; וַתַּהַר, וַתֵּלֶד אֶת-קַיִן, וַתֹּאמֶר, קָנִיתִי אִישׁ אֶת-יְהוָה.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,612 Times in 1,141 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face The One that IS.....................

Masoretic Text
    א וְהָאָדָם, יָדַע אֶת-חַוָּה אִשְׁתּוֹ; וַתַּהַר, וַתֵּלֶד אֶת-קַיִן, וַתֹּאמֶר, קָנִיתִי אִישׁ אֶת-יְהוָה.
    Maybe there is an aspect of 'God' that is wholly beyond name, thought, idea, words or concept

The Nameless One

This original reality is just Self-aware,...or is the essence of Awareness Itself.

Let us also reflect that the same universal God-presence dwells in all, if this 'Deity' is truly omnipresent, and it is 'God' in us, that allows for our own self-conscious existence, enabling us to say "I AM".

Thanks

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Masoretic Text
    So then you, like most, are in bondage to the Masoretes and their version of the text, which is essentially a running commentary because they themselves added the vowel pointing so as to lead you in the way. Too bad you choose the Masoretes over the Testimony of the Messiah and his apostles who quoted from the LXX as I did above: for the apostolic writings came about seven hundred to a thousand years before your Masorete fathers, that is, a whole millennium, and the LXX, especially the Torah, was around for about thirteen hundred years before the Masorete commentary which you put your faith and trust in. Therefore I said; have a nice thread. .

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So then you, like most, are in bondage to the Masoretes and their version of the text, which is essentially a running commentary because they themselves added the vowel pointing so as to lead you in the way. Too bad you choose the Masoretes over the Testimony of the Messiah and his apostles who quoted from the LXX as I did above: for the apostolic writings came about seven hundred to a thousand years before your Masorete fathers, that is, a whole millennium, and the LXX, especially the Torah, was around for about thirteen hundred years before the Masorete commentary which you put your faith and trust in. Therefore I said; have a nice thread. .
    The Septuagint is not a better text. I have the smarts to check on things when they do not match.

Thread Information