User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 124

Thread: Christ name is

  1. #31
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,551
    Thanks
    12,117
    Thanked 13,922 Times in 11,143 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147794
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    How is making the gospel more clear precise and accurate frustrating it?

    Thankfully there were others willing to be frustrated to get the gospel from greek and latin and hebrew into your language.

    And HalleluYah that even more were willing to be frustrated, killed even, to restore Him/His way from what the Church and its man made traditions would have us do.

    "...Choose ye this day whom ye would serve..."...Joshua 24:15 not irony that Yahushua asks of us the same...
    Yeah, I don't try to interpret what has already been interpreted by very smart people who came before me. Do you think by "studying" the Greek or Hebrew is going to give you a "better" interpretation than has already been done? His name in America is Jesus Christ - learn it

    I focus on the gospel, I use the King James Bible, I don't play genius and "study" other languages, that's asinine
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    jamie (September 24th, 2017),JudgeRightly (September 25th, 2017)

  3. #32
    Over 4000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    4,296
    Thanks
    854
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 920 Posts

    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    210662
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    Most all scholars agree that God's name is Yah.

    <snip>

    Jesus does not egual Yah.
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    Yah said that His name is in him (Christ.) Christ said that Yah’s name is in him.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Why do we even have English translations if YHWH wants everyone to speak Hebrew?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    So if I avoid the use of yah I'll never profane his name, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Yah doesn't want everyone to speak hebrew...
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    Yah

    Yah (Hebrew: יהּ‎‎ Yah) is a short form of Yahwah (in consonantal spelling YHWH Hebrew: יהוה‎‎, called the Tetragrammaton), the proper name of God in the Hebrew Bible. This short form of the name occurs 50 times in the text of the Hebrew Bible, of which 24 form part of the phrase "Halleluyah".
    Who told you all that it was okay to shorten the Name of the Father to "Yah"? Do you suppose that is what Moses did with the name of the Father? And the Psalmists? And Isaiah? It appears you all have made a faulty assumption concerning the usage of the name Yah in the scripture. Paul explains it and boldly proclaims just WHO exactly Yah is by quoting from various Tanach passages which can really only be understood one way by the contexts. Yah is ever in the bosom of the Father, (at the right hand side).




    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...now-evil/page3


    It does not matter what the "majority of scholars" believe or agree upon when they cannot even agree on the writings of Paul, (and if they actually understood what he says they would already have understood this also).

  4. #33
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,176
    Thanks
    1,369
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 1,069 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    315279
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    His name in America is Jesus Christ - learn it

    I focus on the gospel, I use the King James Bible, I don't play genius and "study" other languages, that's asinine
    I'm not convinced any of the variations of the sacred names are true.

    I think people attempt to see how many variations of YHWH they can create.

    I'm waiting for the pure language Zephaniah refers to.

  5. #34
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,551
    Thanks
    12,117
    Thanked 13,922 Times in 11,143 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147794
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    I'm not convinced any of the variations of the sacred names are true.

    I think people attempt to see how many variations of YHWH they can create.

    I'm waiting for the pure language Zephaniah refers to.
    Does it really matter if any of the variations ate "true"? We have language and words, they mean what they mean. We aren't meant to have the pure language yet.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  6. #35
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    11,176
    Thanks
    1,369
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 1,069 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    315279
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Does it really matter if any of the variations ate "true"? We have language and words, they mean what they mean. We aren't meant to have the pure language yet.
    It doesn't matter to me. I believe God understands English just fine.

    I think sacred names are a perversion of scripture.

    Besides, God is telepathic and telekinetic.

  7. #36
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,658
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 246 Times in 222 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11536
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    Who told you all that it was okay to shorten the Name of the Father to "Yah"? Do you suppose that is what Moses did with the name of the Father?
    not sure...they changed it to GOD or LORD or something else

    And the Psalmists?
    Psalms 68:4 NKJV
    And Isaiah?
    Isaiah 12:2 NKJV

    It appears you all have made a faulty assumption concerning the usage of the name Yah in the scripture. Paul explains it and boldly proclaims just WHO exactly Yah is by quoting from various Tanach passages which can really only be understood one way by the contexts. Yah is ever in the bosom of the Father, (at the right hand side).
    Yah is the Father.




    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...now-evil/page3


    It does not matter what the "majority of scholars" believe or agree upon when they cannot even agree on the writings of Paul, (and if they actually understood what he says they would already have understood this also).
    Believe or agree...lol...scholars have said much as the Church has done much to alter change and counterfeit in favor of man's tradition...that is why we study and share...please continue to do so

  8. #37
    Over 2500 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,658
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 246 Times in 222 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11536
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Yeah, I don't try to interpret what has already been interpreted by very smart people who came before me.
    well then feel free to ignore the 500+ years of the reformation...a lot of burnings and blood could have been spared had they taken your attitude to this and just went along with what smarter people before them had interpreted...

    Do you think by "studying" the Greek or Hebrew is going to give you a "better" interpretation than has already been done?
    yup...and you are lucky to even be able to read and study because it is in your language...

    His name in America is Jesus Christ - learn it
    I did learn it...and learned all about Him/His way...found out about His Sabbath which most of these learned interpreters insist is Sunday...HalleluYah that I was able to study for myself and not just "go along to get along"

    I focus on the gospel, I use the King James Bible, I don't play genius and "study" other languages, that's asinine
    fine...suit yourself...explains a lot

    and by their fruits I guess...

  9. #38
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,551
    Thanks
    12,117
    Thanked 13,922 Times in 11,143 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147794
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    well then feel free to ignore the 500+ years of the reformation...a lot of burnings and blood could have been spared had they taken your attitude to this and just went along with what smarter people before them had interpreted...

    yup...and you are lucky to even be able to read and study because it is in your language...

    I did learn it...and learned all about Him/His way...found out about His Sabbath which most of these learned interpreters insist is Sunday...HalleluYah that I was able to study for myself and not just "go along to get along"

    fine...suit yourself...explains a lot

    and by their fruits I guess...
    Where's your fruit? Go study the Greek, maybe you'll find something brand new.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  10. #39
    Over 4000 post club CherubRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,789
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 350 Times in 292 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    88149
    Read post.

    Smacks head.

    I need a vacation.

  11. #40
    Over 3000 post club Epoisses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    3,659
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 730 Times in 620 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    82239
    CherubRambo fights hard against the truth. He's a one man army who can never come to repentance.

  12. #41
    Over 4000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    4,296
    Thanks
    854
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 920 Posts

    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    210662
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    not sure...they changed it to GOD or LORD or something else

    Psalms 68:4 NKJV Isaiah 12:2 NKJV

    Yah is the Father.



    Believe or agree...lol...scholars have said much as the Church has done much to alter change and counterfeit in favor of man's tradition...that is why we study and share...please continue to do so
    Lol, scholarly thinking in action right before our eyes: thanks for the great example, ignoring what was actually said, pretending the scripture refutes the straw-man you have made up in your mind and attributed to me, and then going on to pretend you understand the scripture. You only made my point for me by posting the verse numbers you have referenced. You did not understand what I said. You immediately assume that because you believe they speak of the Father then they must comply with what you believe: and thus you believe they are speaking of the Father when they use the term Yah, but again, please hear this time: that is only your assumption because so-called scholars have told you it is so, and Paul refutes you and the so-called scholars, if only you and they would hear and understand what Paul says and where he says it. And just as I said of the so-called scholars, you also neither understand nor believe Paul who expounds Yah in his writings by quoting from the Tanach.

  13. #42
    Over 4000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    4,296
    Thanks
    854
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 920 Posts

    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    210662
    Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    Who told you all that it was okay to shorten the Name of the Father to "Yah"? Do you suppose that is what Moses did with the name of the Father? And the Psalmists? And Isaiah? It appears you all have made a faulty assumption concerning the usage of the name Yah in the scripture. Paul explains it and boldly proclaims just WHO exactly Yah is by quoting from various Tanach passages which can really only be understood one way by the contexts. Yah is ever in the bosom of the Father, (at the right hand side).




    http://theologyonline.com/showthread...now-evil/page3


    It does not matter what the "majority of scholars" believe or agree upon when they cannot even agree on the writings of Paul, (and if they actually understood what he says they would already have understood this also).
    Psalm 68:1-18
    1 Elohim arises, His enemies are scattered: and those who hate Him flee before Him!
    2 As smoke is driven away, You drive them away; as wax melts before the fire, the wicked perish before Elohim.
    3 But the righteous are glad, they exult before Elohim; and they rejoice with gladness.
    4 Sing to Elohim, sing praises to His name: raise up a highway for He Who rides through the deserts, and exult before Him, His name is Yah.
    5 A chieftain-leader [stepfather] to orphans, (John 14:18 [ορφανους]) and an Advocate (1 John 2:1) of widows, this is Elohim in His holy habitation.
    6 Elohim makes a home for the lonely, (John 14:2) He brings out to prosperity those who are bound with chains: (Isaiah 61:1, Luke 4:18) only the rebellious shall dwell in a dry-arid land.
    7 O Elohim, when You went out before Your people, when You stepped through the wilderness: (Pause)
    8 The earth shook, and the heavens dropped before Elohim; this Sinai shook before Elohim, the Elohim of Yisrael.
    9 You, O Elohim, sent a shower of plenty: You confirmed Your inheritance when it was weary.
    10 Your flock dwelt therein, You provided from Your goodness for the poor, O Elohim.
    11 YHWH gave the Word, and the women who proclaimed it were a great company.
    12 Kings of armies fled in haste, and she who remained at home divided the spoil.
    13 Though you have lien between hooks, (or dwelt among lips), Wings of a dove, overlaid with silver, and feathers overlaid with bright gold!
    14 When the Almighty scattered kings therein, it snowed in Tsalmon.
    15 A hill of Elohim is the hill of Bashan; a hill of heights is the hill of Bashan:
    16 O high hills, why should you envy the mount which Elohim has desired for His Seat? YHWH tabernacles therein continually.
    17 The chariots of Elohim are two myriads and thousands of thousands: Adoni came from Sinai, into the Holy Sanctuary.
    18 You have ascended on High, You have led captivity captive, You have apportioned gifts among men: Yea, that even among those having been turned away, Yah Elohim might dwell. Ephesians 4:8
    (Reply #9).

    Ephesians 4:4-15
    4 One body, and one Spirit, even as you also were called in one expectation of your calling:
    5 One Master, one faith, one immersion:
    6 One Elohim and Father of all, Who is over all, and through all, and in all.
    7 But unto each one of us was the grace given according to the measure of the gift of Messiah.
    8 Wherefore he says, "When he ascended on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men." Psalm 68:18
    9 Moreover this, "He ascended", what is it but that he also descended into the lower parts of the earth?
    10 He that descended is the same also that ascended far above all the heavens, that he might fill all things.
    11 And he gave some to be apostles, and some to be prophets, and some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers:
    12 For the perfecting of the holy ones, unto the work of ministering, unto the building up of the body of Messiah:
    13 Until we all attain unto the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of Elohim, unto a full grown man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Messiah:
    14 That we may no longer be babes, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, in craftiness, after the wiles of error:
    15 But speaking truth in love, may grow up in all things into him who is the head, Messiah:


    Paul quotes Psalm 68:18 and directly applies it to the Meshiah, the Son of Elohim: and Psalm 68:18 speaks of the Son of YHWH, that is by the plain text, Yah Elohim, the Word of YHWH Elohim Almighty, (Reply #41).

  14. #43
    Over 4000 post club CherubRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,789
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 350 Times in 292 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    88149
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    CherubRambo fights hard against the truth. He's a one man army who can never come to repentance.
    You are special Epoisses.

  15. #44
    Over 4000 post club CherubRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,789
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 350 Times in 292 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    88149
    Yah.

    Exodus 23:21.Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.


    Yah is the short form of God’s personal name Yahwah, used about fifty time in the Old Testament.
    Yah-wah / Yah-shua

    Psalm 68:4. Sing to Elohiym, sing praise to His name, extol Him who rides on the clouds His name is Yah and rejoice before Him.

    John 5:43.I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

    The best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu" for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”.
    The name Jesus is an unknown word that was invented. In the NIV Exhaustive Concordance you will find the name Joshua along with the name Jesus. In English the name Joshua is pronounced Jah/ shoo/ ah. We do know as a matter of fact that “Jah” is for “Yah” in Hebrew and English.
    The assignment of the vowels in Hebrew are arbitrary, in order to hide his real name. This is also true of God’s own personal name which is Yahwah.
    The Orthodox Jews believe that it is their duty to conceal God’s personal name from the public.
    So if you wish to use the Messiah’s real name in English that would be “Yahshua.”
    Numbers 13:16 (Moses gave Hoshea son of Nun the name Joshua.)


    Why did Moses give Hosea the name Joshua? (Yahshua)

    I come in the name of Yahwah.

    Psalm 118:26
    Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.) From the house of (the Lord / Yahwah) we bless you.

    Matthew 23:39
    For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”

    Luke 13:35
    Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”


  16. #45
    Over 4000 post club daqq's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Olam Haba
    Posts
    4,296
    Thanks
    854
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 920 Posts

    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    210662
    Quote Originally Posted by CherubRam View Post
    Yah.

    Exodus 23:21.Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.


    Yah is the short form of God’s personal name Yahwah, used about fifty time in the Old Testament.
    Yah-wah / Yah-shua

    Psalm 68:4. Sing to Elohiym, sing praise to His name, extol Him who rides on the clouds His name is Yah and rejoice before Him.

    John 5:43.I have come in my Father's name, and you do not accept me; but if someone else comes in his own name, you will accept him.

    The best evidence is that his proper name was "y'shua". But Galileans always dropped their 'ayins', hence "y'shu" for which in the talmud many Jewish people use as an acronym meaning “may his name be blotted out”.
    The name Jesus is an unknown word that was invented. In the NIV Exhaustive Concordance you will find the name Joshua along with the name Jesus. In English the name Joshua is pronounced Jah/ shoo/ ah. We do know as a matter of fact that “Jah” is for “Yah” in Hebrew and English.
    The assignment of the vowels in Hebrew are arbitrary, in order to hide his real name. This is also true of God’s own personal name which is Yahwah.
    The Orthodox Jews believe that it is their duty to conceal God’s personal name from the public.
    So if you wish to use the Messiah’s real name in English that would be “Yahshua.”
    Numbers 13:16 (Moses gave Hoshea son of Nun the name Joshua.)


    Why did Moses give Hosea the name Joshua? (Yahshua)

    I come in the name of Yahwah.

    Psalm 118:26
    Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.) From the house of (the Lord / Yahwah) we bless you.

    Matthew 23:39
    For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”

    Luke 13:35
    Look, your house is left to you desolate. I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, ‘Blessed is he who comes in the name of (the Lord / Yahwah.)’”
    No, "Yah" is not a "short form" of the name of the Father, (the Tetragrammaton). That is rather your opinion based on what other so-called "scholars" have agreed upon and told you they believe. Why do you not answer my question? Who told you it is okay to shorten the Name of the Father? Would you appreciate it if someone came along and decided to shorten or abridge your name by half of what it is? No one gave you that permission but rather you assume it because the scholars whom you put your trust in have assumed it. Your assumption of the right to cut the name of the Father in half is therefore based on nothing more than the scholarly opinions of those who do the same and assume to themselves the right to do what they likewise do.

    Moreover "Yah" is used many more times than what you have claimed because you and the so-called scholars do not take the Septuagint into account and how they rendered the Hebrew into Greek in many critical and explanatory places; and that is especially true in Genesis, where the Tetragrammaton appears to be in the Hebrew but does not get rendered as such into the Greek Septuagint: and it is that way not because they had "some other Hebrew text", or omitted anything, but because the waw-vav was originally used as a word separator and was read that way by the ancients in many places where it is not now read that way by so-called scholarship and because of what the Masoretes did to the modern Masoretic Hebrew text, (and Paul reveals this also by quoting from Isaiah 45 concerning Meshiah Yah). Moreover, because you and they do not understand the Nomina Sacra, (specifically Iota-Heta), and how and why the name of the Master, (Iota-Heta), is employed throughout the entire Greek NT, the error is hidden from both you and them.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us