User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Marriage and Geology in North Korea and the World

  1. #1
    Super Moderator Jefferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Seated with Him in the heavenlies
    Posts
    6,623
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 113 Times in 77 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    94268

    Marriage and Geology in North Korea and the World

    Marriage and Geology in North Korea and the World

    This is the show from Monday, September 18th, 2017

    SUMMARY:

    Bob Enyart reports on Bloomberg's article, Why You're Being Invited to Fewer Weddings, and the role of frustration in the collapse of the biblical worldview among many Christian activist leaders. Marriage is NOT the function of the church. It preceded the church, preceded Israel, and like family and government, was instituted by God for all of mankind. See also www.kgov.com/marriage. In addition to talking about BEL's vital annual telethon, Bob also reported on the earthquakes from nuclear tests and even from fracking, as just more evidence (along with the 800,000 people killed, tragically, by earthquakes since BEL's Age of the Earth Debate with a geophysicist) that the Earth has not settled over 4.5 billion years but is still unstable. See also www.kgov.com/earthquakes. And please consider giving to our annual telethon at 1-800-8Enyart or online at www.kgov.com. So far we're up to $7,600 of our $30,000 goal.
    WARNING: Graphic video here.

  2. #2
    Over 4000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    4,295
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 949 Times in 788 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    218420
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    . . . Marriage is NOT the function of the church. It preceded the church . . .
    So what? Things changed at the RESURRECTION. Everything changed. The Body of Christ has become its own reference point, everything prior to and leading up to the Church are interpreted in the light of the Church, and everything since has been in the Church age. But the Church is a thing, only because THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV).

    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

    "...things happen .. . . . you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

  3. #3
    Silver Member JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    3,449
    Thanks
    6,028
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 1,298 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415808
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    So what? Things changed at the RESURRECTION. Everything changed. The Body of Christ has become its own reference point, everything prior to and leading up to the Church are interpreted in the light of the Church, and everything since has been in the Church age. But the Church is a thing, only because THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV).

    So that changes the fact that God instituted marriage at the beginning of creation, before any government?

  4. #4
    Over 4000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    4,295
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 949 Times in 788 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    218420
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    So that changes the fact that God instituted marriage at the beginning of creation, before any government?
    It's become irrelevant. The Church defines marriage for Christians, whatever preceded the Church had the coming Church in view, and whatever has happened since Pentecost in AD 33 has been the Church age.
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

    "...things happen .. . . . you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

  5. #5
    Silver Member JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    3,449
    Thanks
    6,028
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 1,298 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415808
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    It's become irrelevant. The Church defines marriage for Christians, whatever preceded the Church had the coming Church in view, and whatever has happened since Pentecost in AD 33 has been the Church age.
    So now you're placing the Church's authority above God's?

    Tell me, Nihilo, how can the Church rightfully say, "God, we know that in the beginning You instituted marriage between one man and one woman, but now since Your resurrection, we're taking over now, and redefining it for our own purposes"?

    They don't have that authority. That authority belongs to God and God alone.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    6days (September 25th, 2017)

  7. #6
    Over 4000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    4,295
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 949 Times in 788 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    218420
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    So now you're placing the Church's authority above God's?

    Tell me, Nihilo, how can the Church rightfully say, "God, we know that in the beginning You instituted marriage between one man and one woman, but now since Your resurrection, we're taking over now, and redefining it for our own purposes"?

    They don't have that authority. That authority belongs to God and God alone.
    The Church's authority on moral matters is God's authority. You're misunderstanding the importance of the Body of Christ.

    1st Timothy 3:15 (KJV)
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

    "...things happen .. . . . you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

  8. #7
    Silver Member JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    3,449
    Thanks
    6,028
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 1,298 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415808
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    The Church's authority on moral matters is God's authority. You're misunderstanding the importance of the Body of Christ.
    And now you're equating the Church with God.

    Shame on you.

    God says marriage is between one man and one woman. The Church has absolutely NO authority to change that, because the Church is not God, never will be God, never was God, and does not have the authority of God to say what is morally right and morally wrong. It is morally wrong for a man to be with a man, and for a woman to be with a woman. Anything outside of marriage between one man and one woman is morally wrong, and not just wrong, but an abomination to God.

  9. #8
    Silver Member JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    3,449
    Thanks
    6,028
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 1,298 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415808
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    1st Timothy 3:15 (KJV)
    And what does the pillar of the church sit on, Nihilo? It sits on the foundation of God's authority.

  10. #9
    Over 4000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    4,295
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 949 Times in 788 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    218420
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    And now you're equating the Church with God.

    Shame on you.

    God says marriage is between one man and one woman. The Church has absolutely NO authority to change that, because the Church is not God, never will be God, never was God, and does not have the authority of God to say what is morally right and morally wrong. It is morally wrong for a man to be with a man, and for a woman to be with a woman. Anything outside of marriage between one man and one woman is morally wrong, and not just wrong, but an abomination to God.
    You're misunderstanding the Body of Christ, her mystical union with the Lord Jesus (Eph5:32KJV), her teaching authority in matters of faith and morals (1Ti3:15KJV), and probably, in light of all this, the importance of the RESURRECTION in history.
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

    "...things happen .. . . . you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

  11. #10
    Over 4000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    4,295
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 949 Times in 788 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    218420
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    And what does the pillar of the church sit on, Nihilo? It sits on the foundation of God's authority.
    You're mired in a false dilemma. The Church's teaching authority in matters of faith and morals is (=) God's own teaching authority in matters of faith and morals.
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

    "...things happen .. . . . you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

  12. #11
    Silver Member JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    3,449
    Thanks
    6,028
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 1,298 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415808
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    You're misunderstanding the Body of Christ, her mystical union with the Lord Jesus (Eph5:32KJV), her teaching authority in matters of faith and morals (1Ti3:15KJV), and probably, in light of all this, the importance of the RESURRECTION in history.
    Teaching morals is fine, Nihilo, but you're saying the church has the authority to CHANGE what God says. Here's a hint: THEY DON'T.

    The Church doesn't get to decide what to change in the curriculum, the church only gets to teach it.

    If God says "Marriage is between one man and one woman," that settles the matter. No negotiation allowed from ANYONE. If God recognizes and upholds marriages that were made through an evil government, and especially without the church's involvement, why do you think that the church has the authority to revoke that marriage? or say it is not valid?

    Here's a hint: THE CHURCH DOES NOT HAVE THAT AUTHORITY.

  13. #12
    Silver Member JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    3,449
    Thanks
    6,028
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 1,298 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415808
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    You're mired in a false dilemma. The Church's teaching authority in matters of faith and morals is (=) God's own teaching authority in matters of faith and morals.
    Again, just because the church has the authority to teach something that comes from God DOES NOT mean that they have the authority to change what God says.

  14. #13
    Over 4000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    4,295
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 949 Times in 788 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    218420
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Teaching morals is fine, Nihilo, but you're saying the church has the authority to CHANGE what God says. Here's a hint: THEY DON'T.

    The Church doesn't get to decide what to change in the curriculum, the church only gets to teach it.

    If God says "Marriage is between one man and one woman," that settles the matter. No negotiation allowed from ANYONE. If God recognizes and upholds marriages that were made through an evil government, and especially without the church's involvement, why do you think that the church has the authority to revoke that marriage? or say it is not valid?

    Here's a hint: THE CHURCH DOES NOT HAVE THAT AUTHORITY.
    The Church teaches today what she's always taught on the matter: One man and one woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Again, just because the church has the authority to teach something that comes from God DOES NOT mean that they have the authority to change what God says.
    When has the Church done that? You're worrying about something that hasn't happened and won't happen.
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

    "...things happen .. . . . you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

  15. #14
    Silver Member JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    3,449
    Thanks
    6,028
    Thanked 1,890 Times in 1,298 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415808
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    The Church teaches today what she's always taught on the matter: One man and one woman.
    When has the Church done that? You're worrying about something that hasn't happened and won't happen.
    They do it every day by endorsing LGBT, welcoming them into the church, not telling those people that it's wrong, that God created them male and female. By telling mothers that it's ok to abort their baby because "it's not a person," or, "God knows what's in your heart."

    And don't even get me started on the Pope.

  16. #15
    Over 4000 post club Nihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The North & the West
    Posts
    4,295
    Thanks
    666
    Thanked 949 Times in 788 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    218420
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    They do it every day by endorsing LGBT, welcoming them into the church, not telling those people that it's wrong, that God created them male and female. By telling mothers that it's ok to abort their baby because "it's not a person," or, "God knows what's in your heart."
    The Church is "we," not "they," for those of us who believe that THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN (Mt28:6KJV Mk16:6KJV Lk24:6KJV).
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    And don't even get me started on the Pope.
    You might want to "get started" on the Pope then, since he teaches that SSB is wrong, and that abortion is gravely evil, just as the Church has always taught and believed.
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

    Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

    "...things happen .. . . . you see the results in the fruits of the happening." Lahey

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us