Thread: Kirk Cameron: Hack

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Until God is through with this offer of Grace and Peace in His Son's FINISHED work toward the world; His wrath towards said world, is on hold.

Storms? Tornados? Hurricanes? Earthquakes? Car accidents? Child born with cancer?

Etc., etc.

On the good?

On the bad?

Not a concern beyond the physical that one must nevertheless deal with while one is here, come what may, on the "good" and or on the "bad" alike.
    You've spent a long time on God's wrath when that fury would leave no possibility of repentance. It would utterly devour the wicked. But a foretaste of the judgment that comes about because of man's living in a fallen world - that will certainly see men awake to their need for salvation. Calamities are echoes of judgment - whether "reminding" man what kind of a world he lives in because of his father Adam, or awakening in man that realization that there are eternal consequences for falling short. In Leviticus 26, God told Israel ahead of time what would befall them if they strayed from Him. And it was in stages (many of which seem to apply to us today - but that is a different thread). If you stray, this will happen. And if you don't repent then this will happen. And if you still don't repent then this will happen....etc... until finally the Lord tells them that if they repent, God will remember His covenant(s) with Jacob, with Isaac and with Abraham and restore them. He doesn't even give the option of the last set of punishments not working. And we read in Hebrews that He scourges every son He receives - obviously with the intent of teaching them. Well, if the wicked who don't know Him (yet) are rebuked by calamity and brought to their knees, what is the difference? The Holy Spirit has convinced them of sin, righteousness and judgment but it was the disaster that broke that hardness. Man hasn't changed since Adam fell. God hasn't either. And even while the commandments were the basis upon which God judged His people, He was still immensely merciful. The way in which He has spoken may have changed, but the message is still the same and the means are not in any way (that I can see) restricted or restrained in ways they weren't before Christ.
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Isaiah 50:10-11

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nikolai_42 For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (September 13th, 2017),patrick jane (September 15th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol - and a nahm-yo-hyo-rengeh-kyo back at ya
    Danoh you should be a news anchor for the waste of time network, might as well kill time doing something seeing/observational wize that's where you still move and have you're being outside in the kingdum, Luke 17:20-21..
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,137 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    God also sends out cancer, heart attacks, deaths in the family, car accidents, job loss and heart break to teach us to repent. Hurricanes are just one of many tools in the hand of God.
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    If you pray to be saved from the hurricane and you are, then God answered your prayer.

If you pray to be saved from the hurricane and you aren't, then God knows better than you do what you need.

Either way, the human need to feel like someone is in control is taken care of, and the person finds comfort in the praying.

But what if it's just fate - right place at the right time, wrong place at the wrong time?
    Seems to me that Kirk Cameron, and you, Epoisses, and you, annabenedetti, are forgetting what Jesus said about current events (back during his ministry):

There were present at that season some who told Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.And Jesus answered and said to them, “Do you suppose that these Galileans were worse sinners than all other Galileans, because they suffered such things?I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.Or those eighteen on whom the tower in Siloam fell and killed them, do you think that they were worse sinners than all other men who dwelt in Jerusalem?I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.” - Luke 13:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    In the realm of good and evil, the nothing new under the sun/time applies to this world's events. The peace/eye of the storm is where Christ within us overrides the mind that clings to its religious future gleaned from looking in the past when the eternal kingdom is now, where fear has no place like life has no beginning/birth except in the dream of time.
    More gobbledygook.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Oh, so nothing to do with death and corruption entering the world because of man's sin....let's blame God.

Romans 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
    It's obvious you don't know God and have no real connection with him. You're the poster child for all pew-warmers whose idea of Salvation is based on paying tithes or church attendance. It never goes any deeper than a good works religion.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Epoisses For Your Post:

Rusha (September 13th, 2017)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God also sends out cancer, heart attacks, deaths in the family, car accidents, job loss and heart break to teach us to repent. Hurricanes are just one of many tools in the hand of God.
    And don't forget the guinea worm that causes unbelievable burning pain as it breaks out through human skin. The Lord God made that too.

The hurricanes are the very least of it. Knowledge about how brutal nature is led Charles Darwin to turn away from god belief:

With respect to the theological view of the question: This is always painful to me. I am bewildered. I had no intention to write atheistically, but I own that I cannot see as plainly as others do, and as I should wish to do, evidence of design and beneficence on all sides of us. There seems to me too much misery in the world. I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created the Ichneumonidae with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of caterpillars ...

Parasitic wasps lay their eggs in living caterpillars, and the eggs hatch and the caterpillar is eaten alive from the inside.

You have to wonder what this god is playing at. Why does it have to punish things it made?

Stuart

Thanks
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,484 Posts

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kirk Cameron says God sends hurricanes to teach us to repent...
    What Cameron ACTUALLY says is... " Weather is sent to cause us to cause us to respond to God in humility, awe, and repentance... God is the Lord of the wind and the waves. What this should be doing for all of us is causing us to remember it is God who supplies our life, our breath and everything else so that you and I would reach out to Him".
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 6days For Your Post:

patrick jane (September 15th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,561 Times in 10,916 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuu View Post
    And don't forget the guinea worm that causes unbelievable burning pain as it breaks out through human skin. The Lord God made that too.

The hurricanes are the very least of it. Knowledge about how brutal nature is led Charles Darwin to turn away from god belief:

With respect to the theological view of the question: This is always painful to me. I am bewildered. I had no intention to write atheistically, but I own that I cannot see as plainly as others do, and as I should wish to do, evidence of design and beneficence on all sides of us. There seems to me too much misery in the world. I cannot persuade myself that a beneficent and omnipotent God would have designedly created the Ichneumonidae with the express intention of their feeding within the living bodies of caterpillars ...

Parasitic wasps lay their eggs in living caterpillars, and the eggs hatch and the caterpillar is eaten alive from the inside.

You have to wonder what this god is playing at. Why does it have to punish things it made?

Stuart
    Oh no, God is mean, life is unfair and brutal, nature is so unkind, there can't be a God !!! That's fear and ignorance, a typical atheistic response to pain and suffering.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

11. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

steko (September 15th, 2017)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Oh no, God is mean, life is unfair and brutal, nature is so unkind, there can't be a God !!! That's fear and ignorance, a typical atheistic response to pain and suffering.
    Brutality in nature just shows that claims about the god being 'good' or 'just' or 'kind', are obviously ridiculous.

But there are plenty of other reasons to think that not even sadistic gods actually exist.

Stuart

Thanks
    Thanked 13,561 Times in 10,916 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's obvious you don't know God and have no real connection with him. You're the poster child for all pew-warmers whose idea of Salvation is based on paying tithes or church attendance. It never goes any deeper than a good works religion.
    Nope, you've got it all wrong about glorydaz, no surprise with your poor understanding of why there is death and sin, why we live in a fallen world. "It's obvious you don't know God"? what a fool you are.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

14. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

steko (September 15th, 2017)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Nope, you've got it all wrong about glorydaz, no surprise with your poor understanding of why there is death and sin, why we live in a fallen world. "It's obvious you don't know God"? what a fool you are.
    Says the fool who warms the pew and thinks conversion is attending a new church.

Over 5000 post club The Barbarian's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by annabenedetti View Post
    But what if it's just fate - right place at the right time, wrong place at the wrong time?
    Ecclesiastes 9:11 I turned me to another thing, and I saw that under the sun, the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the learned, nor favour to the skillful: but time and chance in all.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

annabenedetti (September 18th, 2017)

Thread Information