User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 102

Thread: "And You Are Complete in Jesus Christ" Colossians 2:10.

  1. #76
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,331
    Thanks
    1,630
    Thanked 770 Times in 742 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27610
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I fully and completely accept all of the scriptures that you quoted. I believe the whole Bible, not just some of the bible. The scriptures that you quoted are falsely interpreted and are not according to the Gospel and justification by faith, which makes you a heretic.
    No you don't! You're a liar just like your father John 8:44!
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  2. #77
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,458 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    No you don't! You're a liar just like your father John 8:44!

    In John 8:44 Jesus was speaking to the unbelieving Pharisees. You pull scripture out of context and try to make it fit your Calvinist doctrine. All scripture is for us, but not all scripture is to us. The Pharisees like yourself did not believe that Jesus was Lord. It was for this reason that they were condemned.

  3. #78
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,331
    Thanks
    1,630
    Thanked 770 Times in 742 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27610
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    In John 8:44 Jesus was speaking to the unbelieving Pharisees. You pull scripture out of context and try to make it fit your Calvinist doctrine. All scripture is for us, but not all scripture is to us. The Pharisees like yourself did not believe that Jesus was Lord. It was for this reason that they were condemned.

    More nonsense from a spiritually blind man 2 Cor. 4:3-4!


    The devil is the father of all the non-elect, whether jew or gentile.

    Rom. 5:14
    Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

    That's the serpent seed Gen. 3:14-15. Death reigned over them even though they were not involved in Adam's transgression, but are subject to eternal damnation as serpents:


    Mat. 23:32-33

    32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

    33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?


    They sinned in their father the devil:

    John 8:44
    Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

    1 John 3:8
    He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

    So for all the non-elect, the devil was their federal head and representative, and acted in their behalf whenever he sinned in the beginning.

    1 John 3:10
    In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.


    Mat. 13:38
    The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;


    All scripture is Given by God for His Elect:

    2 Tim. 3:16-17

    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  4. #79
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,458 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    More nonsense from a spiritually blind man 2 Cor. 4:3-4!


    The devil is the father of all the non-elect, whether jew or gentile.

    Rom. 5:14
    Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

    That's the serpent seed Gen. 3:14-15. Death reigned over them even though they were not involved in Adam's transgression, but are subject to eternal damnation as serpents:


    Mat. 23:32-33

    32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

    33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?


    They sinned in their father the devil:

    John 8:44
    Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

    1 John 3:8
    He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

    So for all the non-elect, the devil was their federal head and representative, and acted in their behalf whenever he sinned in the beginning.

    1 John 3:10
    In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.


    Mat. 13:38
    The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;


    All scripture is Given by God for His Elect:

    2 Tim. 3:16-17

    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

    You are as blind as B57.

    God has ALREADY reconciled the whole world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

    No Calvinism needed.

  5. #80
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,331
    Thanks
    1,630
    Thanked 770 Times in 742 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27610
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You are as blind as B57.

    God has ALREADY reconciled the whole world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

    No Calvinism needed.


    It's you who has been blinded 2 Cor. 4:3-4!

    God has reconciled the Whole World of His Elect: An Eternally Forgiven World:

    2 Cor. 5:19
    To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.


    But also, according to the scriptures, there is a non-elect condemned world!

    1 Cor. 11:32
    But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  6. #81
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,458 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    It's you who has been blinded 2 Cor. 4:3-4!

    God has reconciled the Whole World of His Elect: An Eternally Forgiven World:

    2 Cor. 5:19
    To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.


    But also, according to the scriptures, there is a non-elect condemned world!

    1 Cor. 11:32
    But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
    You twist and pervert God's word. It does not say, "God has reconciled the world of his elect". You will mot escape his judgment.

  7. #82
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,331
    Thanks
    1,630
    Thanked 770 Times in 742 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27610
    Nanja
    God has reconciled the Whole World of His Elect: An Eternally Forgiven World:

    2 Cor. 5:19
    To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.


    But also, according to the scriptures, there is a non-elect condemned world!

    1 Cor. 11:32
    But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world

    I see your frustration in this matter, but frankly you are one who is prevented from comprehending the scriptural Truth Eph. 4:18 that there are two worlds [kosmos] https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G2889&t=KJV of people on the earth that the scriptures speak of:

    A Reconciled World: The Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23; 5:19.

    AND...

    A Condemned World: Vessels of Wrath Rom. 9:22; fitted to destruction / God's Wrath;

    those whom God has determined that they should not escape destruction.


    Mat. 23:32-33

    32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

    33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?


    Rom. 9:18
    Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.


    Job 23:13-14

    13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

    14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.


    Dan. 4:35
    And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  8. #83
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,458 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Nanja



    I see your frustration in this matter, but frankly you are one who is prevented from comprehending the scriptural Truth Eph. 4:18 that there are two worlds [kosmos] https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G2889&t=KJV of people on the earth that the scriptures speak of:

    A Reconciled World: The Vessels of Mercy Rom. 9:23; 5:19.

    AND...

    A Condemned World: Vessels of Wrath Rom. 9:22; fitted to destruction / God's Wrath;

    those whom God has determined that they should not escape destruction.


    Mat. 23:32-33

    32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers.

    33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?


    Rom. 9:18
    Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.


    Job 23:13-14

    13 But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth.

    14 For he performeth the thing that is appointed for me: and many such things are with him.


    Dan. 4:35
    And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

    You are in denial of the Gospel and justification by faith as taught by the apostle Paul. In the judgment you will be without an excuse.

  9. #84
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,331
    Thanks
    1,630
    Thanked 770 Times in 742 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27610
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    You are in denial of the Gospel and justification by faith as taught by the apostle Paul. In the judgment you will be without an excuse.
    More lies!

    You are in direct opposition to the Truth of the Word of God.

    Woe unto you!
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  10. #85
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,458 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    More lies!

    You are in direct opposition to the Truth of the Word of God.

    Woe unto you!

    The devil has you in a trance. There is not one scripture in the whole Bible about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell. If the Calvinist doctrine were true the Bible would be full of it, THERE IS NOTHING. Yet you believe that there is.

  11. #86
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,331
    Thanks
    1,630
    Thanked 770 Times in 742 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    27610
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    The devil has you in a trance. There is not one scripture in the whole Bible about anyone being predestinated to heaven or to hell. If the Calvinist doctrine were true the Bible would be full of it, THERE IS NOTHING. Yet you believe that there is.

    No matter how many times you have been shown the Truth in God's Word, you persist in repeating the same nonsense over and over and ...


    The Gospel of Grace according to the Power of God by His Election of Christ's Church In Union with Him Eph. 1:4-7; 2 Tim. 1:8-9 can't be discerned by anyone who is in spiritual darkness, at enmity with God. That's why New Birth, being Born of the Spirit, is a necessity before Faith Gal. 5:22 comes in the Gospel of Christ Rom. 1:16-17.


    1 Cor. 2:10-11, 14

    10 But God hath revealed them unto us [Saints] by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

    11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

    14 But the natural man [You] receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  12. #87
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,458 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    No matter how many times you have been shown the Truth in God's Word, you persist in repeating the same nonsense over and over and ...


    The Gospel of Grace according to the Power of God by His Election of Christ's Church In Union with Him Eph. 1:4-7; 2 Tim. 1:8-9 can't be discerned by anyone who is in spiritual darkness, at enmity with God. That's why New Birth, being Born of the Spirit, is a necessity before Faith Gal. 5:22 comes in the Gospel of Christ Rom. 1:16-17.


    1 Cor. 2:10-11, 14

    10 But God hath revealed them unto us [Saints] by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

    11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

    14 But the natural man [You] receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

    You are the natural person. You hear but you cannot understand.

    "God has ALREADY reconciled us and the world unto himself by Jesus Christ" 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

    So that now we can say that "We are complete in Jesus" Colossians 2:10.

    You have not entered into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

  13. #88
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,458 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741
    Nanja believes that she is Christian because she quotes scripture. Quoting scripture does not make someone a Christian. All of the cults quote scripture. What makes one a Christian is their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

    Nanja never writes articles about Jesus or how Jesus has saved us.

    What she writes about is Calvinism. John Calvin is her Jesus.
    Last edited by Robert Pate; April 15th, 2018 at 07:48 AM.

  14. #89
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, WI
    Posts
    13,937
    Thanks
    182
    Thanked 1,759 Times in 1,458 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    354741

    "And You Are Complete In Him" Colossians 2:10

    Here is the crux of the Gospel. We are MADE complete in him. We do not BECOME complete in him by our works or by our religion. Having been MADE complete in him we can now enter into his rest, Hebrews 4:10.

    "For as by one man's disobedience (Adam) many were MADE sinners, so by the obedience of one (Jesus Christ) shall many be MADE righteous" Romans 5:19.

    Jesus was obedient, even unto his death on the cross, Philippians 2:8. He was also obedient unto the law. He fulfilled every jot and tittle of the law, Matthew 5:18. All that Jesus did and all that Jesus was, was for our justification and our salvation. This is why "We are complete in him" Colossians 2:10.

    Religion is man's attempt to do in his flesh through good works, obedience, or his religion what God has ALREADY done in his Son Jesus Christ. We cannot make ourselves any better or any holier than what God has ALREADY MADE us in his Son Jesus Christ. "We are complete in him".

    All of the Satanic powers have been defeated by Jesus Christ. God sees ALL THINGS in his Son Jesus Christ. As far as God is concerned sin, death and the devil have been defeated.

    "And having spoiled principalities and powers, he (Jesus Christ) made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it" Colossians 2:15.

    The resounding message of the New Testament is that "Jesus is Lord". He is Lord because he has victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil and now sits in heaven at the right hand of God as... "The King of Kings and the Lord of Lords" Revelation 19:16.

    Christ's victory is our victory, because our humanity was constituted in him.

    We have been baptized into Christ, Galatians 3:27.

    In Jesus Christ the law has been fulfilled and abolished, Matthew 5:18, Ephesians 2:15.

    We have been crucified with Christ, Romans 6:6.

    We have been resurrected with Christ, Romans 6:5.

    We have been MADE to sit in heavenly places "In Christ" Ephesians 2:6.

    We have ALREADY been reconciled unto God by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

    We have been justified, sanctified and redeemed by Christ, 1 Corinthians 1:30.

    Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus, we can now stand before God in the judgment as perfect and complete "In Christ".

    "God can find no sin in the man that confesses with his mouth the Lord Jesus Christ and believes in his heart that God has raised him from the dead" Romans 10:9.

    "Christ is the end of the law for righteousness" Romans 10:4. Christ is also the end of Calvinism, Catholicism, Judaism and all religions that hold the truth in unrighteousness.

  15. #90
    Over 500 post club fishrovmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    708
    Thanks
    104
    Thanked 175 Times in 135 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    59253
    Part 1
    Omniscience limited
    Prophetic guesses
    Election by observation
    No future yet

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to fishrovmen For Your Post:

    Ask Mr. Religion (April 15th, 2018)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us