User Tag List

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 130

Thread: So what is the problem

  1. #1
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,642
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 594 Times in 540 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85113

    So what is the problem

    So what is the problem if believing Jesus was more man than God while on Earth but a man as God intended man to be when He created Adam who, by Eve, would have "birthed" sons as Sons of God unto His Glory? If I said Jesus "held in trust" the complete Godhead would not have changed anything either. He was still a man in doing so and made intensely more vulnerable in every step of His life protecting what was in His trust, handling God's glory from His flesh even unto the cross. He didn't have to come as God-man. The Holy Spirit conception was the only way God could introduce a sinless man into Adamís fallen race, He came to redeem? Being sinless and remaining that way was the only requirement for doing so and in the successful completion of His mission, His intended glorification by God was made a fact to be believed upon.
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

  2. #2
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    OK
    Posts
    8,370
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 377 Times in 339 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    72039
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    So what is the problem if believing Jesus was more man than God while on Earth but a man as God intended man to be when He created Adam who, by Eve, would have "birthed" sons as Sons of God unto His Glory? If I said Jesus "held in trust" the complete Godhead would not have changed anything either. He was still a man in doing so and made intensely more vulnerable in every step of His life protecting what was in His trust, handling God's glory from His flesh even unto the cross. He didn't have to come as God-man. The Holy Spirit conception was the only way God could introduce a sinless man into Adam’s fallen race, He came to redeem? Being sinless and remaining that way was the only requirement for doing so and in the successful completion of His mission, His intended glorification by God was made a fact to be believed upon.
    I said
    Jesus was just a man. Now because He was sinless God was with Him. Just like God can be with us. If we submit. Some people cant handle the idea of Jesus doing all that suffering just for them. It feels them with guilt. So they try to make Him God because God does not suffer in the flesh. God is Spirit.

    [2Co 5:19
    19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
    [Phl 2:13
    13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for [His] good pleasure.

  3. #3
    All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    28,098
    Thanks
    1,804
    Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,802 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163903
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    So what is the problem if believing Jesus was more man than God while on Earth but a man as God intended man to be when He created Adam who, by Eve, would have "birthed" sons as Sons of God unto His Glory? If I said Jesus "held in trust" the complete Godhead would not have changed anything either. He was still a man in doing so and made intensely more vulnerable in every step of His life protecting what was in His trust, handling God's glory from His flesh even unto the cross. He didn't have to come as God-man. The Holy Spirit conception was the only way God could introduce a sinless man into Adam’s fallen race, He came to redeem? Being sinless and remaining that way was the only requirement for doing so and in the successful completion of His mission, His intended glorification by God was made a fact to be believed upon.
    Man cannot become God; but, an all powerful God can do what ever He wants, and He can and did come as a Man.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    glorydaz (September 10th, 2017),JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2017)

  5. #4
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,921
    Thanks
    1,348
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 1,053 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    311494
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Man cannot become God
    So you don't believe Jesus Christ became Spirit?

  6. #5
    All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    28,098
    Thanks
    1,804
    Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,802 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163903
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    So you don't believe Jesus Christ became Spirit?
    We all have our spirits at conception. Jesus had his Spirit at conception; and, since he came from heaven, he had a Spirit before coming to earth.

    So why would you ever say Jesus became Spirit?
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  7. #6
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,921
    Thanks
    1,348
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 1,053 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    311494
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    So why would you ever say Jesus became Spirit?
    "So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8)

    Jesus is immortal and invisible.

    "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever." (1 Timothy 1:17)

  8. #7
    All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    28,098
    Thanks
    1,804
    Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,802 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163903
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    "So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8)

    Jesus is immortal and invisible.

    "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever." (1 Timothy 1:17)
    That is about the Spirit. That is about God's Spirit. God's Spirit is Jesus' Spirit.

    Jesus is God with a body.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  9. #8
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,642
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 594 Times in 540 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85113
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    Jesus was just a man. Now because He was sinless God was with Him. Just like God can be with us. If we submit. Some people cant handle the idea of Jesus doing all that suffering just for them. It feels them with guilt. So they try to make Him God because God does not suffer in the flesh. God is Spirit.

    [2Co 5:19
    19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
    [Phl 2:13
    13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for [His] good pleasure.
    Then the Glorification of Jesus was meaningless?
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

  10. #9
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,642
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 594 Times in 540 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85113
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Man cannot become God; but, an all powerful God can do what ever He wants, and He can and did come as a Man.
    And what God wanted from the beginning was for man to become as He is and He as they are, "I in them and they is us". Words spoken by the "Word of God" who indwelt the man Jesus. "I in you as you in me". Jesus. Read John 17:3 again . for the first time. In others words, "Ultimate Intimacy".
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

  11. #10
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,642
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 594 Times in 540 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85113
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    We all have our spirits at conception. Jesus had his Spirit at conception; and, since he came from heaven, he had a Spirit before coming to earth.

    So why would you ever say Jesus became Spirit?
    I like that, however, if the child isn't born alive, what then of Jesus?

    Adam and Jesus both came directly by the hand of God. Was why wasn't Adam God? Why did Jesus have to exclusively of Adam's race?
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

  12. #11
    TOL Legend Cross Reference's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    9,642
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 594 Times in 540 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    85113
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    "So is everyone who is born of the Spirit." (John 3:8)

    Jesus is immortal and invisible.

    "Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever." (1 Timothy 1:17)
    Paul here is speaking of God, not Jesus. Jesus was not and is not invisible.
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

  13. #12
    All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    28,098
    Thanks
    1,804
    Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,802 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163903
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Paul here is speaking of God, not Jesus. Jesus was not and is not invisible.
    CR, look at that scripture you say Paul is speaking of God, now, look what Revelations says:

    Revelation 17:14
    They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”


    Did you see it?

    Revelations show us that Jesus is God.

    Spirits are invisible; they have form and are see-through. A ghost is a spirit.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  14. #13
    All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    28,098
    Thanks
    1,804
    Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,802 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163903
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    I like that, however, if the child isn't born alive, what then of Jesus?
    The spirit goes back to God who determines where it goes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Adam and Jesus both came directly by the hand of God. Was why wasn't Adam God? Why did Jesus have to exclusively of Adam's race?
    The Bible says everything was made through, by, and in Jesus. When Adam and Eve sinned they were cast out. Only God can reconcile us back in, and He did by coming as a Man in the flesh.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  15. #14
    All I want is God's Truth God's Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    28,098
    Thanks
    1,804
    Thanked 1,985 Times in 1,802 Posts

    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    163903
    Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    And what God wanted from the beginning was for man to become as He is and He as they are, "I in them and they is us". Words spoken by the "Word of God" who indwelt the man Jesus. "I in you as you in me". Jesus. Read John 17:3 again . for the first time. In others words, "Ultimate Intimacy".
    Right. God gave us freewill. He didn't want us programmed to love Him. He could have made us to do right and never do wrong; but then, what kind of love is that? He wanted us to chose to love Him; to knowingly love Him. To struggle to know and love Him.

    God knew that Adam and Eve would sin. God had already made the plan for salvation to be through Jesus before God made anything. The world was made through Jesus, by Jesus, and for Jesus; but cast out and brought back by the same body humankind was made.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

  16. #15
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1071
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    I said
    Jesus was just a man. Now because He was sinless God was with Him. Just like God can be with us. If we submit. Some people cant handle the idea of Jesus doing all that suffering just for them. It feels them with guilt. So they try to make Him God because God does not suffer in the flesh. God is Spirit.

    [2Co 5:19
    19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
    [Phl 2:13
    13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for [His] good pleasure.
    I don't think G-d is with him because He is sinless but because it was the will of G-d and prophecy to bring the messiah into this world

    It's not biblical to say Jesus is G-d but what is is to say Jesus is the son of G-d. Anyway I don't have a problem

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us