User Tag List

View Poll Results: Is your calling and election sure?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

    4 100.00%
  • NO

    0 0%
  • Don't know

    0 0%
  • Don't care

    0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43

Thread: Is your election unto eternal life sure?

  1. #16
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,874
    Thanks
    1,942
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,430 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    This message is hidden because God's Truth is on your ignore list.

    This message is hidden because God's Truth is on your ignore list.

    1 Thessalonians 5:22 NIV
    You know you don't know the Word of God, and it is causing you upset.

  2. #17
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,688
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 329 Times in 271 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67301
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    I'm not saying any of those things. What I'm doing is proving that you have no experience of salvation. You squirm like a snake and even try and accuse me of anything to avoid admitting you can't give an account because you don't have one.
    Sadly, you are not proving that whatsoever.

    If anything you are just being a jerk who exalts experience above the logos of God.

    However, I will rephrase your question so that it properly addresses the issue.

    What have I believed of the word of God that indicates to me that I have eternal life?

    First, I met the requirements of Romans 10:9-10, thus received the gift of salvation/eternal life/holy spirit

    And the absolute proof that do have the gift of eternal life/salvation/holy spirit is that I manifest the gift of holy spirit. Specifically, I speak in tongues.

    Speaking in tongues is impossible to do unless you have received the gift of salvation/eternal life/holy spirit.

    That is the absolute proof.

    Whether you or anyone else likes it or not.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  3. #18
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,874
    Thanks
    1,942
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,430 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Sadly, you are not proving that whatsoever.

    If anything you are just being a jerk who exalts experience above the logos of God.

    However, I will rephrase your question so that it properly addresses the issue.

    What have I believed of the word of God that indicates to me that I have eternal life?

    First, I met the requirements of Romans 10:9-10, thus received the gift of salvation/eternal life/holy spirit

    And the absolute proof that do have the gift of eternal life/salvation/holy spirit is that I manifest the gift of holy spirit. Specifically, I speak in tongues.

    Speaking in tongues is impossible to do unless you have received the gift of salvation/eternal life/holy spirit.

    That is the absolute proof.

    Whether you or anyone else likes it or not.
    Speaking in tongues ceased a long time ago.

    As for you using Romans 10:9-10, those scriptures are about having to believe and obey Jesus.

    Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?

  4. #19
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    8,391
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,333 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147727
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Speaking in tongues ceased a long time ago.

    As for you using Romans 10:9-10, those scriptures are about having to believe and obey Jesus.

    Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?
    Book, chapter and verse that says that tongues has ceased.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  5. #20
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,874
    Thanks
    1,942
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,430 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Book, chapter and verse that says that tongues has ceased.

    Speaking in tongues was a gift given, a sign, given (Isaiah 28:11) during the laying of the foundation of the Church (Hebrews 2:4). It was a sign to the Jews (Acts 2:6). Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose, God has given the sign (1Cor 14:21), and God has laid the foundation (Eph 2:20). Speaking in tongues by the Gentiles showed the Jews that God granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life (Acts 11:18). Tongue speakers spoke mysteries (1 Cor 14:2); consequently, the mystery of the gospel has been given (Eph 6:19). Speaking in tongues is the language of angels (1 Cor 13:1), angels minister to humans (Hebrews 1:14). Humans are to understand speaking in tongues in earthly languages (Acts 2:6, 11). Speaking in tongues would be “stilled” (1 Cor 13:8).

    The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to God's Truth For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 13th, 2017)

  7. #21
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    8,391
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,333 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147727
    It has not yet passed away.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  8. #22
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,874
    Thanks
    1,942
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,430 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    It has not yet passed away.
    Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose.

  9. #23
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    8,391
    Thanks
    298
    Thanked 3,969 Times in 2,333 Posts

    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147727
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose.
    Nowhere in scripture does it sy htey have passed away.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  10. #24
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,874
    Thanks
    1,942
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,430 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Nowhere in scripture does it sy htey have passed away.
    The scriptures say it will cease and we are shown why.

  11. #25
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,688
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 329 Times in 271 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67301
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Speaking in tongues ceased a long time ago.

    As for you using Romans 10:9-10, those scriptures are about having to believe and obey Jesus.

    Luke 6:46 "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say?
    According to you , yes it has,

    However, according to scripture it has not. It will continue to be an ability of those who are saved until we see Jesus face to face. I Corinthians 13:10-12

    I can see that you do not know me whatsoever, if you would make false accusations
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  12. #26
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,688
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 329 Times in 271 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67301
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Speaking in tongues was a gift given, a sign, given (Isaiah 28:11) during the laying of the foundation of the Church (Hebrews 2:4). It was a sign to the Jews (Acts 2:6). Speaking in tongues has served God's purpose, God has given the sign (1Cor 14:21), and God has laid the foundation (Eph 2:20). Speaking in tongues by the Gentiles showed the Jews that God granted even the Gentiles repentance unto life (Acts 11:18). Tongue speakers spoke mysteries (1 Cor 14:2); consequently, the mystery of the gospel has been given (Eph 6:19). Speaking in tongues is the language of angels (1 Cor 13:1), angels minister to humans (Hebrews 1:14). Humans are to understand speaking in tongues in earthly languages (Acts 2:6, 11). Speaking in tongues would be “stilled” (1 Cor 13:8).

    The believers in the Bible times who spoke in tongues, they spoke in tongues supernaturally. The believers who supposedly speak in tongues nowadays, they speak gibberish and believe God turns their gibberish into supernatural language, and that is a false doctrine.
    So when are you going to list a scripture that says that tongues have ceased?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  13. #27
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,874
    Thanks
    1,942
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,430 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    According to you , yes it has,

    However, according to scripture it has not. It will continue to be an ability of those who are saved until we see Jesus face to face. I Corinthians 13:10-12

    I can see that you do not know me whatsoever, if you would make false accusations
    That scripture does not say tongues would cease when we see Jesus face to face. That scripture is about when the Bible is finished and all to be revealed is revealed. I can prove it easily by reminding you that no one can add to the Bible.

  14. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hidden with Christ in God, Col 3:3
    Posts
    37,874
    Thanks
    1,942
    Thanked 2,645 Times in 2,430 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    So when are you going to list a scripture that says that tongues have ceased?
    Is Jesus love?

    Please answer that and give the scripture that says Jesus is love.

  15. #29
    Gold level Subscriber JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    5,596
    Thanks
    17,522
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 3,204 Posts

    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147578
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Nowhere in scripture does it sy htey have passed away.
    If you look at the overall picture of the Bible, you'll see that once Paul shows up on the scene, the number of miracles being performed drops off significantly, and by the end of Acts, and certainly throughout Paul's writings, we see very few, if any, miracles being performed. We can reasonably argue that after the end of Acts, the faucet of miracles has been closed.

  16. #30
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,688
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 329 Times in 271 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    67301
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    That scripture does not say tongues would cease when we see Jesus face to face. That scripture is about when the Bible is finished and all to be revealed is revealed. I can prove it easily by reminding you that no one can add to the Bible.
    You need to see the context of I Corinthians 13:10-12 to make that call.

    If you actually read the context of those verses, ie, I Corinthians 12-14, it is about spiritual matters, which includes speaking in tongues as well as other spiritual matters.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us