Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Things To Know

-
    Hello; and welcome to the beginning of a collection of odds and ends from the Bible that come in handy now and then for just about everybody.

/

Thanks
    Thanked 13,999 Times in 11,188 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WeberHome View Post
    -
    Hello; and welcome to the beginning of a collection of odds and ends from the Bible that come in handy now and then for just about everybody.

/
    That slash is amazing
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: Things To Know

-
    The Difference Between The Old Testament And The New

This major division in the Bible is primarily editorial; viz: it's man-made instead of God-made; but the division is pretty harmless and actually quite useful.

In a nutshell:

1• The simplest difference is chronological, i.e. the Old Testament focuses upon the Jews' religious history prior to Christ's birth, while the New focuses upon the world's introduction to Christianity in connection with Christ's crucifixion and resurrection.

2• "Old Testament" refers to the covenant that Yhvh's people agreed upon with God as per Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.

3• "New Testament" refers to the covenant that Yhvh's people will eventually agree upon with God as per Jeremiah 31:31-34.

/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 1,071 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the Old Testament focuses upon the Jews' religious history prior to Christ's birth
    And not just the Jews, but also Israel's history.

And it's Israel who holds the birthright, not the godless Jews.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Re: Things To Know

-
    The Everlasting Gospel

This particular gospel is a bounce from the first chapter of Genesis.

Rev 14:6-7 . . And I saw another angel flying through the sky, carrying the everlasting gospel to preach to the people who dwell on the earth-- to every nation, tribe, language, and people. Fear God! he shouted. Give glory to Him! For the time has come when He will sit as judge. Worship Him who made heaven and earth, the sea, and all the springs of water!

The everlasting gospel is very elementary. Pretty much all it says is:

1• There is a supreme being.

2• He deserves respect.

3• There's a frightful reckoning looming on the horizon, and

4• The cosmos-- all of its forms of life, matter, and energy --is the product of intelligent design.

/

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    The Difference Between The Old Testament And The New

This major division in the Bible is primarily editorial; viz: it's man-made instead of God-made; but the division is pretty harmless and actually quite useful.

In a nutshell:

1• The simplest difference is chronological, i.e. the Old Testament focuses upon the Jews' religious history prior to Christ's birth, while the New focuses upon the world's introduction to Christianity in connection with Christ's crucifixion and resurrection.

2• "Old Testament" refers to the covenant that Yhvh's people agreed upon with God as per Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy.

3• "New Testament" refers to the covenant that Yhvh's people will eventually agree upon with God as per Jeremiah 31:31-34.

/
    You'll find that the division between Old and New is Divinely appointed. 400 years between Malachi and John is a clue. The same number of years Israel was down in Egypt...
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS There is an article written by William L. Lane Between the Testaments that is a really enlightening read. I have it hard copy and I can't find it online. If you can find it you'll be better equipped to comment on the 400 years of silence.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    PS There is an article written by William L. Lane Between the Testaments that is a really enlightening read. I have it hard copy and I can't find it online. If you can find it you'll be better equipped to comment on the 400 years of silence.
    I looked for it as well - haven't found any mention of it directly.

Is it possibly a part of one of his books? His 2 volume commentary on Hebrews or the book he co-authored entitled The New Testament Speaks? Or is the article titled differently? He supposedly contributed to Biblical History: A Chronicle of Faith Through the Ages, Volume 1 Number 2, August 1987.
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Isaiah 50:10-11

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nikolai_42 View Post

Is it possibly a part of one of his books? His 2 volume commentary on Hebrews or the book he co-authored entitled The New Testament Speaks? Or is the article titled differently? He supposedly contributed to Biblical History: A Chronicle of Faith Through the Ages, Volume 1 Number 2, August 1987.
    I have it in a Bible I bought many years ago. It's logically placed between the Testaments.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Truster For Your Post:

nikolai_42 (September 11th, 2017)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    And not just the Jews, but also Israel's history.

And it's Israel who holds the birthright, not the godless Jews.
    More interesting is G-d is not just G-d of Israel but over the entire Earth and all the kings that were. Even Egypt for thousands of years! Babylon, Assyrie, all had kings. In the tenach, mainly psalms David wrote clearly G-d ordains the world, lowers and exalts whoever

The first civilizations and monarchies are directly related, going back 6000BC

Israel was different because they all witnessed miracles so G-d made a covenant. But i'm probably way to enthusiastic

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    I have it in a Bible I bought many years ago. It's logically placed between the Testaments.
    Was it a used bible in which a previous owner stuck the article in looseleaf or a bible to which Lane contributed?
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Isaiah 50:10-11

Thanks
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 1,071 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the589 View Post
    In the tenach, mainly psalms David wrote clearly G-d ordains the world, lowers and exalts whoever
    And this one:

"They fed him with grass like oxen and his body was wet with the dew of heaven till he knew that the Most High God rules in the kingdom of men, and appoints over it whomever He chooses." (Daniel 5:21)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    And this one:

"They fed him with grass like oxen and his body was wet with the dew of heaven till he knew that the Most High God rules in the kingdom of men, and appoints over it whomever He chooses." (Daniel 5:21)
    You got it.

Ezekial live in action

22Therefore thus saith the L-rd G-D; Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and will break his arms, the strong, and that which was broken; and I will cause the sword to fall out of his hand. 23And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries. 24And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put my sword in his hand: but I will break Pharaoh's arms, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of a deadly wounded man.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was it a used bible in which a previous owner stuck the article in looseleaf or a bible to which Lane contributed?
    He contributed. It's a King James Bible Red Lettered. I bought one on Amazon last year for a friend who comes for Bible study. I checked my Amazon account but they don't keep details of products bought.

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,879 Times in 1,742 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sounds more like this one:
    https://www.amazon.com/Between-Testa.../dp/1584271043

A 136 page book typeset in small biblical fontface would easily fit in a bible translation. Lane worked on the 1971 NASB and could have adapted from Pfeiffer's little book.

AMR
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.

Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ask Mr. Religion For Your Post:

nikolai_42 (September 11th, 2017)

Thread Information