Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U.S. Immigration Policy

What is it?
    What should it be?

When asked in another thread what kind of immigration bill kmoney would sign he replies.

Quote Originally Posted by kmoney
    Well, for one I'd give permanent status to anyone already here under the DACA program.
    We grant Permanent Residence status to about 1,000,000 people a year. And Permanent Residents can sponsor certain other relatives for Permanent Residency.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perman...United_States)
    There's a handy chart halfway down.

So, if we Green Card the DACAs do we tell all the other people who've been working on immigrating for a decade or more that the pattern is full because we just burned up the quota giving green cards to people who came here illegally?

Or do we expand the quota?

What should the quota be?

Should it be 2 million? 3 million? We have a population of 323 million, so 3.23 million would be 1%. If you made one state out of the new arrivals it would be ranked 30th in population.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_population

I'd favor blowing up the quota, but, if you reward illegals again and again then people will just keep coming illegally knowing you're bound to have another amnesty sooner or later. And putting law breakers ahead of law followers is a bad precedent.

Congress sets the quotas, should we raise or lower them?
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fool For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (September 7th, 2017),ClimateSanity (September 6th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aren't DACA people people who came to the US as children? Did they have any say in coming to the US? Even if the federal government decides to allow them to stay why do you assume it would be faster than the people already in the process of becoming a citizen? Most likely the DACA folks would be put at the back of the line, not the front.

Sent from my SM-G920V using TOL mobile app
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Aren't DACA people people who came to the US as children?
    Yes
    Did they have any say in coming to the US?
    Probably not.

Even if the federal government decides to allow them to stay why do you assume it would be faster than the people already in the process of becoming a citizen?
    That's what kmoney was advocating. I was expounding on the ramifications.

Most likely the DACA folks would be put at the back of the line, not the front.
    Well they already sort of jumped the line in that they can work.
    Last edited by fool; September 7th, 2017 at 04:45 PM.
    I II III IV

Thanks
    Thanked 36,365 Times in 22,713 Posts

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post

Congress sets the quotas, should we raise or lower them?
    If brought to a vote, I would vote to lower.
    OR change to a quality quota instead of a number quota.

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (September 7th, 2017),ClimateSanity (September 8th, 2017)

I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,632 Times in 11,137 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Aren't DACA people people who came to the US as children?
    Some and some claim to be fleeing for one reason or another (runaways) and do you consider mass 17 year olds, children?

Did they have any say in coming to the US?
    Some yes (small children who grew up here, should not be deported, they didnt break the law), and some sent here to get their parents here via "legal" channels, but really to skirt the laws on immigration to get here. Some just ran away to come here.
    Some are gang members and using the law to get here.
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (September 8th, 2017),Tambora (September 10th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    If brought to a vote, I would vote to lower.
    OR change to a quality quota instead of a number quota.
    The numbers are a little confusing. We have a 7% cap on green cards from any one country. But no limit on Immediate relatives of US citizens or political asylums.

This means that big countries like China, India and Mexico have longer waiting lists.
    Half way down.
    Why a 7 percent limit on any one country?
    I II III IV

10. The Following User Says Thank You to fool For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (September 8th, 2017)

I am Miss America because I say so, you must agree Angel4Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,632 Times in 11,137 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The numbers are a little confusing. We have a 7% cap on green cards from any one country. But no limit on Immediate relatives of US citizens or political asylums.
    Does that mean Mohamed can bring all of his wives and children and then bring the families of his 4 wives too?
    <a href=http://theologyonline.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23146&d=1455650224 target=_blank>http://theologyonline.com/attachment...6&d=1455650224</a>

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (September 8th, 2017),Tambora (September 10th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angel4Truth View Post
    Does that mean Mohamed can bring all of his wives and children and then bring the families of his 4 wives too?
    Well lets' see;
    Looks like once he has permanent residency his spouse and minor children would be F2A, so yes he can sponsor them it's a 1-2 year paperwork backlog with an 87,000 annual quota and then the 7% cap.
    I have no idea how the math voodoo works on that. But yes they would get here eventually.

The easiest thing to do would be have $500,000. That seems that would get him an EB-5 and then he could EB-3 his wives parents and they could F2A or F2B his wives depending on whether or not the were under or over 21 and obviously he could F2A one of his wives himself.
    I II III IV

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Trump's rationale for dissolving DACA after 6 month grace period is that American immigration policy should be determined by Congress and not by presidential decree, then why hasn't he adopt that same approach when he issued his infamous "Muslim" ban?

Trump is now 7 months into his Administration and has made no effort to have an a Republican dominated Congress pass even a modified "Muslim" ban - it isn't as if they've been preoccupied passing other legislation!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

Rusha (September 14th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,595 Times in 10,937 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post

If Trump's rationale for dissolving DACA is that American immigration policy should be determined by Congress and not by presidential decree, why didn't he adopt that approach when he issued his infamous "Muslim" ban?

Trump is now 7 months into his Administration and has made no effort to have an a Republican dominated Congress pass even a modified "Muslim" ban - it isn't as if they've been too busy passing other legislation!
    Trump's base is stronger and bigger than ever. It's still growing with tons of democrats switching to Republican. Get ready for election night 2020, it's going to be Yuuuuuge !!!
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Trump's base is stronger and bigger than ever. It's still growing with tons of democrats switching to Republican. Get ready for election night 2020, it's going to be Yuuuuuge !!!

With 35% approval rating in the polls, the Republicans will be hard pressed just to retain control of the House and Senate in 2018.

If Mueller finds that the Trump Campaign colluded with the Russians, Trump won't even be in a position to run for re-election in 2020!
    Last edited by jgarden; September 8th, 2017 at 09:57 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

Rusha (September 9th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,595 Times in 10,937 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

With 35% approval rating in the polls, the Republicans will be hard pressed just to retain control of the House and Senate in 2018.

If Mueller finds that the Trump Campaign colluded with the Russians, Trump won't even be in a position to run for re-election in 2020!
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

20. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (September 9th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Trump's rationale for dissolving DACA after 6 month grace period is that American immigration policy should be determined by Congress and not by presidential decree, then why hasn't he adopt that same approach when he issued his infamous "Muslim" ban?
    Because that was always temporary. Well within in purview to suspend select countries until he's confident in their vetting.
    Trump is now 7 months into his Administration and has made no effort to have an a Republican dominated Congress pass even a modified "Muslim" ban - it isn't as if they've been preoccupied passing other legislation!
    Because it was always temporary. Obama did the same.
    I II III IV

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fool For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (September 12th, 2017),patrick jane (September 12th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, Hillary by a landslide
    Keep dreaming.
    I II III IV

24. The Following User Says Thank You to fool For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (September 12th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 36,365 Times in 22,713 Posts

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Right, Hillary by a landslide
    Polls will never live that down.

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (September 12th, 2017),patrick jane (September 12th, 2017)

Thread Information