TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    Land = inheritance.

The inheritance of Jesus Christ and His church is the heavenly city. Hebrews 11:16; Galatians 4:26; Revelation Chapters 21& 22.

Well then he won't be in the land as they have been saying because it's not his inheritance.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thanks
    Thanked 2,224 Times in 1,604 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Well then he won't be in the land as they have been saying because it's not his inheritance.
    Correct.
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 18,617 Times in 10,439 Posts

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

GOD promises specific land to Abram:

Gen 13:14* And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:*
    Gen 13:15* For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.*
    Gen 13:16* And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.*
    Gen 13:17* Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

Specific land which GOD promised to Abram/Abraham not received yet:

Act 7:2* And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,*
    Act 7:3* And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.*
    Act 7:4* Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.**
    Act 7:5* And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.

Specific land which GOD promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob not received, yet:

Heb 11:8* By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.*
    Heb 11:9* By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
    Heb 11:10* For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.**

Specific land promised by GOD to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob still not received, yet.

Some would have us believe that GOD reneged on His promise to Abraham but it doesn't really matter.

Or some would have us believe that GOD didn't really mean what He specified to Abraham and that He actually changed the clear meaning of what He said.

Some would have us believe that GOD didn't really mean the land which He clearly specified and that He was referring to a different land.

Some would have us believe that GOD didn't mean land at all but that instead of land He meant a particular man...not land.

How is one to believe what GOD says if we are not to simply believe what GOD says?
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

glorydaz (September 3rd, 2017),JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2017),Right Divider (September 6th, 2017),Tambora (September 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    GOD promises specific land to Abram:

Gen 13:14* And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:*
    Gen 13:15* For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.*
    Gen 13:16* And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered.*
    Gen 13:17* Arise, walk through the land in the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.

Specific land which GOD promised to Abram/Abraham not received yet:

Act 7:2* And he said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken; The God of glory appeared unto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,*
    Act 7:3* And said unto him, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.*
    Act 7:4* Then came he out of the land of the Chaldaeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he removed him into this land, wherein ye now dwell.**
    Act 7:5* And he gave him none inheritance in it, no, not so much as to set his foot on: yet he promised that he would give it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.

Specific land which GOD promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob not received, yet:

Heb 11:8* By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.*
    Heb 11:9* By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
    Heb 11:10* For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.**

Specific land promised by GOD to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob still not received, yet.

Some would have us believe that GOD reneged on His promise to Abraham but it doesn't really matter.

Or some would have us believe that GOD didn't really mean what He specified to Abraham and that He actually changed the clear meaning of what He said.

Some would have us believe that GOD didn't really mean the land which He clearly specified and that He was referring to a different land.

Some would have us believe that GOD didn't mean land at all but that instead of land He meant a particular man...not land.

How is one to believe what GOD says if we are not to simply believe what GOD says?
    The land promises were fulfilled in the days of Joshua, but Abraham's faith rested in God's promise of a spiritual/heavenly city. Hebrews 11:10-16
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The land promises were fulfilled in the days of Joshua, but Abraham's faith rested in God's promise of a spiritual/heavenly city. Hebrews 11:10-16
    Abraham wasn't living in the days of Joshua.

The city comes down to the land promised.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2017),Right Divider (September 6th, 2017),Tambora (September 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abraham wasn't living in the days of Joshua.
    The promise of Genesis 12:7 was to Abraham's descendants

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The promise of Genesis 12:7 was to Abraham's descendants
    The promise was to Abraham and his descendants.

What? You don't believe Abraham will be resurrected to inherit the specific land which GOD irrevocably promised him?

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2017),Right Divider (September 6th, 2017),SaulToPaul (September 3rd, 2017),Tambora (September 3rd, 2017)

Over 4000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Thanked 36,436 Times in 22,761 Posts

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Some people seem to miss that.
    Abraham AND his descendants.

Genesis 13:15 KJV
    (15) For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

Genesis 17:8 KJV
    (8) And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2017),Right Divider (September 6th, 2017),steko (September 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Some people seem to miss that.
    Abraham AND his descendants.

(15) For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

(8) And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not in Genesis 12:7.

Gordon H. Clark

Charles Spurgeon

Thanks

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not in Genesis 12:7.
    It is not unusual for some verses of scripture to give a little more detail than others.

Please take note that both of the above verses are of literal earthly land.

For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2017),Right Divider (September 6th, 2017),SaulToPaul (September 3rd, 2017),steko (September 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    It is not unusual for some verses of scripture to give a little more detail than others.

Please take note that both of the above verses are of literal earthly land.
    Adama soil of the heart.

If yer not into music here's a decent read....

https://www.hopefaithprayer.com/as-s...-in-the-heart/

Thanks

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The land promised to Abe, Isaac, Jacob AND descendants.

Deuteronomy 1:8 KJV
    (8) Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2017),Right Divider (September 6th, 2017),SaulToPaul (September 3rd, 2017),steko (September 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    ...equals unbelief in what GOD plainly said.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (September 11th, 2017),Right Divider (September 6th, 2017),SaulToPaul (September 3rd, 2017),Tambora (September 3rd, 2017)

Thread Information