Thread: The Order of Salvation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,127 Times in 1,935 Posts

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    Satan would have us believe that the order of salvation is complicated and hard to understand and believe. when in reality it is very simple, so that even a small child can understand it.

The Bible says, "There is a way that seem right unto a man; but the end thereof are the ways of death" Proverbs 14:12

Religion is the way of man. Religion will say that the order of salvation is that you must repent, confess, believe, be regenerated, be chosen, be baptized, submit, surrender, etc. If we examine what the Bible says about the order of salvation we will discover that none of the above is true. Perhaps that is why there are so many counterfeit Christians.

Becoming a Christian is NOT WHAT WE DO. Many have become Christians like they have become members of the P.T.A. They have just joined the church like they joined any other association. Some of these do get saved unexpectedly by hearing and believing the Gospel.

Paul tells us exactly what the order of salvation is, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17. and then again he said, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

Paul wrote to the Hebrews, "For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it, Hebrews 4:12." Some heard the Gospel and believed it, some heard the Gospel and rejected it. This is how it is, the Gospel goes out in the world, some hear it and believe it, others hear it and reject it.

In the Gospel we hear that Jesus atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. For some this is very hard to believe and embrace. There are many that cannot believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, they are unbelievers. This Gospel calls for a response, to not respond is a response. Those that respond with a heart full of love and gratitude for what Christ has done for them are sealed with the Holy Spirit.
    The gospel message is about Jesus' blood cleaning us of the sins we REPENT of doing.

We have to have faith that his blood does that.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Read carefully. Post afterwards.

After having been given ears to hear (regeneration) comes the hearing.
    I usually read carefully before I post. That's why I noticed an illogicality in your "logical sequence".

You are telling me "regeneration" first then comes the "hearing", BUT in your post quoted below the "hearing of scripture" occurs first before "regeneration".

Quote Originally Posted by Ask Mr. Religion View Post
    Yes it is quite simple once one is reborn and seeks to understand from the provocations of the Holy Spirit exactly what happened:

Romans 8:28-30
    The golden chain of redemption: foreknowledge, predestination, calling, regeneration, faith, repentance, justification, union to Christ, adoption, sanctification, and glorification.

Romans 8:28-30 (KJV)
    Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
    Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
    Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

foreknowledge - God's love of His chosen (the elect) before time (Eph. 1:11).
    predestination - God's sovereign eternal decree as relates to the elect and the reprobate (Eph. 1:3-14).
    calling - God's ordinary means, the hearing of the Scripture, the outward call, that effectuates the inward call of the elect (Eph. 2:1-3).
    regeneration - the quickening of the "dead men walking" to life: new genesis, the beginning of a new life in a radically renewed person (1 Peter 1:23).
    faith - the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen - a vital and personal trust in Christ as Savior and Lord (Rom. 10:5-13).
    repentance - the radical turning from sin to Christ, the fruit of regeneration (2 Cor. 7:8-12).
    justification - a forensic act of God declaring, counting, reckoning those "in Christ" righteous (Phil. 3:7-11).
    union to Christ - the joining of the regenerated (quickened) radically new person with Christ by God. The union which the elect have with Christ is the work of Godís grace, whereby they are spiritually and mystically, yet really and inseparably, joined to Christ as their head and husband; which is done in their effectual calling. (Eph. 1:22; Eph. 2:6-8).
    adoption - we are now related to Christ as branches of the True Vine, the children of God (John 15:1,5).
    sanctification - our walk of faith towards greater destruction of the dominion of sin and the lusts thereof (Rom.6:6,14; Gal.5:24; Rom.8:13).
    glorification - as we will be after the Lord's Second Coming (1 Cor. 15:53).

AMR
    Did you somehow commit a blunder, a mistake, maybe, in your "logical sequence" above?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    The mystery was revealed by those in the New Testament.

The mystery was Jesus Christ.

Colossians 4:3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains.
    The Gospel is a Mystery to the natural man.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

4. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (September 4th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    The scripture plainly says Jesus Christ was a mystery.

Here are more scriptures that prove Paul revealed the mystery:

Romans 16:25-26 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him--

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Cor. 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him:

neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (September 4th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scripture plainly says Jesus Christ was a mystery.

Here are more scriptures that prove Paul revealed the mystery:

Romans 16:25-26 Now to him who is able to establish you by my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and made known through the prophetic writings by the command of the eternal God, so that all nations might believe and obey him--
    The Gospel of Christ is a Mystery to the natural man. His mind is blinded.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gospel of Christ is a Mystery to the natural man. His mind is blinded.
    The mystery is Jesus and Paul revealed it.

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post

1 Cor. 2:14

But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him:

neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    The natural man is about a man only interested in pleasing his flesh. He does not want to submit to God; it is foolishness to him.

We are not only flesh, we are also spirit. Some people are more spiritual and want more out of life than just pleasing our flesh.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mystery is Jesus and Paul revealed it.
    The Gospel is a Mystery to the natural man. He can't receive it.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Gospel is a Mystery to the natural man. He can't receive it.
    You don't understand Paul.

God does not save unbelievers. Your beliefs are false.

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    God does not save unbelievers.
    God saved us all (Past Tense), is saving us all (Present Tense), and will save the overcomers (Future Tense).

God saved us all by fashioning us into the body of His Son (Eph 2:14-16). We are born part of the body of Christ, all through the grace of God given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time (Titus 3:4-6; 2 Tim 1:8-9).

God is saving us all by NOT imputing against us any sin we now commit (2 Cor 5:18, 19), all sins having been forgiven (Col 2:13, 14) through the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Rev 13:8) and revealed at the cross of Calvary (2 Tim 1:9-10).

God will save ONLY the overcomers (Rev 3:5; 21:27) - those who have overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21) - and they will inherit life eternal (Matt 24:13; Mark 10:30).

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't understand Paul.

God does not save unbelievers. Your beliefs are false.
    Evasion and rabbit trail.

Charles Spurgeon !

15. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (September 5th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Evasion and rabbit trail.
    The evasion and rabbit trail is you saying evasion and rabbit trail.

Thanks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Samie View Post
    God saved us all (Past Tense),
    God did not save us all, He condemned us all and tells us we have to come to Christ to be saved.

Romans 11:32 For God has bound everyone over to disobedience so that he may have mercy on them all.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

When Jesus saves someone that is when we are put in him, and he puts us in God.

Did you read that last scripture? That last scripture proves what you are saying is wrong. If all are already saved and in Christ, how is it they can perish?

is saving us all (Present Tense), and will save the overcomers (Future Tense).

God saved us all by fashioning us into the body of His Son (Eph 2:14-16). We are born part of the body of Christ, all through the grace of God given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time (Titus 3:4-6; 2 Tim 1:8-9).

God is saving us all by NOT imputing against us any sin we now commit (2 Cor 5:18, 19), all sins having been forgiven (Col 2:13, 14) through the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world (Rev 13:8) and revealed at the cross of Calvary (2 Tim 1:9-10).

God will save ONLY the overcomers (Rev 3:5; 21:27) - those who have overcome evil with good (Rom 12:21) - and they will inherit life eternal (Matt 24:13; Mark 10:30).

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) ☜☜☜☜☞☞☞☞ A Calvinist! ☜☜☜☜☜ Ask Mr. Religion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,996 Times in 1,800 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I usually read carefully before I post. That's why I noticed an illogicality in your "logical sequence".

You are telling me "regeneration" first then comes the "hearing", BUT in your post quoted below the "hearing of scripture" occurs first before "regeneration".

Did you somehow commit a blunder, a mistake, maybe, in your "logical sequence" above?
    Sigh.

The means of God's calling to all of His chosen is the preaching of the Good News by the ordained servant to all persons.

Until regenerated, one will not hear the call with ears that hear. So while the Good News is being promiscuously proclaimed to all outwardly, if the appointed time set by God is at hand, the un-regenerated elect will be quickened. He or she will hear (that is, now understand) what has and is being proclaimed, and not not believe.

AMR
    WARNING: Embedded link content that may be in my post above or the many embedded links my sig below are not for the faint of heart.

Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
    AMR's Randomata Blog
    ó Learn Reformed Doctrine
    I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
    Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
    Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
    The best TOL Social Group: here.
    If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
    Why?

Thread Information