Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,054 Posts

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Order of Salvation

Satan would have us believe that the order of salvation is complicated and hard to understand and believe. when in reality it is very simple, so that even a small child can understand it.

The Bible says, "There is a way that seem right unto a man; but the end thereof are the ways of death" Proverbs 14:12

Religion is the way of man. Religion will say that the order of salvation is that you must repent, confess, believe, be regenerated, be chosen, be baptized, submit, surrender, etc. If we examine what the Bible says about the order of salvation we will discover that none of the above is true. Perhaps that is why there are so many counterfeit Christians.

Becoming a Christian is NOT WHAT WE DO. Many have become Christians like they have become members of the P.T.A. They have just joined the church like they joined any other association. Some of these do get saved unexpectedly by hearing and believing the Gospel.

Paul tells us exactly what the order of salvation is, "So then faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God" (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17. and then again he said, "Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

Paul wrote to the Hebrews, "For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it, Hebrews 4:12." Some heard the Gospel and believed it, some heard the Gospel and rejected it. This is how it is, the Gospel goes out in the world, some hear it and believe it, others hear it and reject it.

In the Gospel we hear that Jesus atoned for our sins and the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. For some this is very hard to believe and embrace. There are many that cannot believe that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, they are unbelievers. This Gospel calls for a response, to not respond is a response. Those that respond with a heart full of love and gratitude for what Christ has done for them are sealed with the Holy Spirit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

glorydaz (September 6th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,234 Times in 11,338 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

@Truster should read those scriptures
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

4. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

glorydaz (September 6th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    @Truster should read those scriptures
    It was only after I was saved that I began to read and then study the scriptures. The change was so great that people couldn't help asking me what had happened. I was unable to give any details. One guy stopped his car a couple of days after I'd been saved because I was the talk of the Town. When I got in he looked at my face for some time and then asked, "what's happened to you Huw". I replied that I'd been saved and he asked what does "been saved" mean? My reply was I'm not sure of all the details but it feels fantastic.

The main reason I needed to know what had happened and why me was I had many friends that were drinking themselves to death and members of my own family who were trapped in religion, but had never experienced what had happened to me....regeneration. Most of my friends are now dead and my family are either dead physically or dead in sin while at the same time crying peace, peace where there is no peace.

If you had experienced salvation you would seek for answers as well.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS

I wanted everyone I knew and everyone I didn't know to have what I had, to know what I knew and to experiance what I was feeling. When that didn't happen I needed to know why, because I knew that I was neither special nor deserving.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    PS

I wanted everyone I knew and everyone I didn't know to have what I had, to know what I knew and to experiance what I was feeling. When that didn't happen I needed to know why, because I knew that I was neither special nor deserving.

I have heard the same testimony from Buddhist, Muslims, Mormons, Jehovah's Witness and other cultist. What they had found was religion and they were so happy, just like you.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Robert Pate For Your Post:

jamie (August 31st, 2017),patrick jane (August 31st, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,234 Times in 11,338 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    I have heard the same testimony from Buddhist, Muslims, Mormons, Jehovah's Witness and other cultist. What they had found was religion and they were so happy, just like you.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The operative word amongst that rubbish is the word "found"...they were looking, I was not, but I was found.

If you really feel the need to attack me pate please do so in a grammatically accurate and scripturally sound manner.

Silver Member
    Thanks

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The operative word amongst that rubbish is the word "found"...they were looking, I was not, but I was found.

If you really feel the need to attack me pate please do so in a grammatically accurate and scripturally sound manner.

Okay, so religion found you.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,967 Times in 6,941 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

So much irony on TOL.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (September 6th, 2017),Tambora (August 31st, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    So much irony on TOL.
    You'll need to explain what is so ironic? Sentence construction is correct and so is the spelling.

I left school at 13 without a great deal of education. It would be helpful if you point out my mistake.

Thanks.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

You'll need to explain what is so ironic? Sentence construction is correct and so is the spelling.

I left school at 13 without a great deal of education. It would be helpful if you point out my mistake.

Thanks.
    1. Proper names should be capitalized.
    2. There should be a comma after Pate's name.

The irony is that your grammar was incorrect and yet you were complaining about the proper use of grammar.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

(2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (September 6th, 2017),jsanford108 (September 4th, 2017),Tambora (August 31st, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Proper names should be capitalized.
    2. There should be a comma after Pate's name.

The irony is that your grammar was incorrect and yet you were complaining about the proper use of grammar.
    I never capitalise pate and have no intention of doing so.

Nice try....

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

I never capitalise pate and have no intention of doing so.

Nice try....
    ok truster... stay grammatically incorrect while you complain about other people's grammar.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (September 6th, 2017),Tambora (August 31st, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The difference between Truster's account and that of all the other religions above is that he was totally changed instantaneously - without even asking for it. Now, one could legitimately call him a bold-faced liar (if they knew he was simply telling stories) but what he has said of his conversion points to none of those groups. You may disagree with his theology, but the testimony he gives is of a radically changed life - and not at his own behest. If it was religion that found him, then religion is a lot more powerful than you give it credit for.
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Isaiah 50:10-11

21. The Following User Says Thank You to nikolai_42 For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (August 31st, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok truster... stay grammatically incorrect while you complain about other people's grammar.
    pate refuses to correctly address my Father and my Brother so "pate" is me reminding him and now you of what it's like to be improperly addressed.

While we're at it divider should not have a capital letter.

Thread Information