User Tag List

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 132

Thread: Have you been deceived by Satan through your church?

  1. #46
    "That is why you Fail" Evil.Eye.<(I)>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    A distant planet called earth.
    Posts
    4,904
    Thanks
    6,504
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 1,355 Posts

    Blog Entries
    9
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    358075
    Quote Originally Posted by ZacharyB View Post
    Since creation, God has always insisted on man’s co-operation.
    Jesus will make you holy (i.e. He will fully sanctify you),
    but only IF you co-operate with the precious Holy Spirit
    via your God-given free-will.
    You abuse freewill and it's meaning. I do believe that people like you are why @Lon 's understanding is valuable to some. You have no concept of what "surrender" really means.

    You are still in the drivers seat. :wink:



    You aren't asking for salvation... you are asking God to help you save yourself!
    Open (Beyond Time ...1 Ki. 8:27) Relational to us within Time (John 1:1)
    Dispensational (2 Ti. 2:15)
    It's All About Jesus and He's the theology (John 5:39f)
    Biblical (2 Ti. 3:16)
    Zionist (Rm. 11:25-36)
    There is only one Commentary!
    (1 John 2:27; Rm. 8:9; Php. 1:19; Mt. 23:8)

    Salvation is Free (Eph. 2:8f) !!! It depends on his strength, not mine!!! (2 Co. 12:9)

    Stupid things Tet says...

    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    The old heavens and old earth was the law and the Old Covenant.

    The new heavens and new earth is the New Covenant.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Evil.Eye.<(I)> For Your Post:

    Lon (September 8th, 2017),patrick jane (September 5th, 2017),steko (September 5th, 2017),Tambora (September 5th, 2017)

  3. #47
    Fiddle Dee Dee Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    41,405
    Thanks
    120,645
    Thanked 36,434 Times in 22,761 Posts

    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148061
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post
    Then it really wasn't a gift.. but a "loan". Loans must be paid back and can be demanded back.

    So actually... salvation is a "loan"?
    Right.
    If you have to earn a gift, it is not a gift of grace (which is unmerited).
    If you have to work for it or to keep it, then it is dependent on works, not grace.

    What Zachary B is describing is a debt owned for the gift.
    That's not grace.

    For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Evil.Eye.<(I)> (September 5th, 2017),patrick jane (September 5th, 2017),steko (September 5th, 2017)

  5. #48
    Fiddle Dee Dee Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    41,405
    Thanks
    120,645
    Thanked 36,434 Times in 22,761 Posts

    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148061
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post
    You aren't asking for salvation... you are asking God to help you save yourself!
    Bingo.

    For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Evil.Eye.<(I)> (September 5th, 2017),steko (September 5th, 2017)

  7. #49
    "That is why you Fail" Evil.Eye.<(I)>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    A distant planet called earth.
    Posts
    4,904
    Thanks
    6,504
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 1,355 Posts

    Blog Entries
    9
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    358075
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    in some ways. mainstream churches may play into social status, I have went past that to being saved in Christ,

    I belive OSAS is true but incompatible with OV, which is why I am MAD, but not really OV
    As you know... I have an Open Theological leaning.., yet I still believe in OSAS... but I fully comprehend your point and respect it tremendously. I'm ultimately thankful for the time you take to challenge each of us from time to time... and also perpetually exalt Jesus Christ... our Lord, God and Savior.
    Open (Beyond Time ...1 Ki. 8:27) Relational to us within Time (John 1:1)
    Dispensational (2 Ti. 2:15)
    It's All About Jesus and He's the theology (John 5:39f)
    Biblical (2 Ti. 3:16)
    Zionist (Rm. 11:25-36)
    There is only one Commentary!
    (1 John 2:27; Rm. 8:9; Php. 1:19; Mt. 23:8)

    Salvation is Free (Eph. 2:8f) !!! It depends on his strength, not mine!!! (2 Co. 12:9)

    Stupid things Tet says...

    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    The old heavens and old earth was the law and the Old Covenant.

    The new heavens and new earth is the New Covenant.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evil.Eye.<(I)> For Your Post:

    Ktoyou (September 6th, 2017),steko (September 5th, 2017)

  9. #50
    "That is why you Fail" Evil.Eye.<(I)>'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    A distant planet called earth.
    Posts
    4,904
    Thanks
    6,504
    Thanked 1,754 Times in 1,355 Posts

    Blog Entries
    9
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    358075
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Right.
    If you have to earn a gift, it is not a gift of grace (which is unmerited).
    If you have to work for it or to keep it, then it is dependent on works, not grace.

    What Zachary B is describing is a debt owned for the gift.
    That's not grace.
    I do believe that your statement could easily be "thread ended" and shutdown.

    Unfortunately... as we see... time and time again... the flesh exalters will stop at nothing to demand recognition of their "achievements".

    Prediction... the sharper our replies get to Zachary and Marhig... the more outrageously deceptive their responses wil become.
    Open (Beyond Time ...1 Ki. 8:27) Relational to us within Time (John 1:1)
    Dispensational (2 Ti. 2:15)
    It's All About Jesus and He's the theology (John 5:39f)
    Biblical (2 Ti. 3:16)
    Zionist (Rm. 11:25-36)
    There is only one Commentary!
    (1 John 2:27; Rm. 8:9; Php. 1:19; Mt. 23:8)

    Salvation is Free (Eph. 2:8f) !!! It depends on his strength, not mine!!! (2 Co. 12:9)

    Stupid things Tet says...

    Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    The old heavens and old earth was the law and the Old Covenant.

    The new heavens and new earth is the New Covenant.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Evil.Eye.<(I)> For Your Post:

    steko (September 5th, 2017)

  11. #51
    Fiddle Dee Dee Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    41,405
    Thanks
    120,645
    Thanked 36,434 Times in 22,761 Posts

    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148061
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Eye.<(I)> View Post
    I do believe that your statement could easily be "thread ended" and shutdown.

    Unfortunately... as we see... time and time again... the flesh exalters will stop at nothing to demand recognition of their "achievements".

    Prediction... the sharper our replies get to Zachary and Marhig... the more outrageously deceptive their responses wil become.
    Perhaps he is not aware of ....


    Romans 5: KJV


    (6) For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.




    (8) But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.



    For the ungodly, sinners.
    Not "For those that clean up their act first".

    He continues ....



    (18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
    (19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.


    Not by the righteousness and obedience of any other than the Lord Jesus Christ alone.

    For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    Evil.Eye.<(I)> (September 5th, 2017),steko (September 5th, 2017)

  13. #52
    Over 4000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,339
    Thanks
    1,459
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83119
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil.Eye. View Post
    1. You deny Jesus is God and thus that God came in the flesh.

    2. You are dishonest and talk out of all sides of your mouth

    3. If you don't know Jesus is God... I ..a simple, forgiven sinner... have no hope of reaching your heart and the error of your words.
    We don't do anything EE, it's God in us that does the works and it's his word that reaches the hearts of others not us.

    And Jesus said that the father is his God and I believe him, why shouldn't I? Show me where it says in the bible that I have to believe that Jesus is God? Because as far as I have read I have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and I do! I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and that he is risen, now according to my kjv bible that's what I am to believe!

    And it says in the bible that I'm to believe that Christ is come in flesh and I do, why can't you see that God was in Christ Jesus, it says in the bible that God was in him reconciling the world unto himself, not that Jesus is God, but God was in him, it also says that God was in his fullnes in Christ Jesus bodily, and that's because Jesus never saw after the seeing of his eyes, he didn't hear after the hearing of his ears and his voice was not heard in the streets. He saw, heard and spoke God and only him, there was nothing of this world in him, he was full of the Holy Spirit so when we see Jesus we see the father and he glorifies him, the Father who is also the God, and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, according to Jesus and his apostles

    So, before you accuse me of having whatever kind of mouth you have judged me of having, show me where it says, in the bible that I have to believe that Jesus is God to be saved? If it's not in the bible, then don't preach to me that I must believe it. I believe what is the truth, that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God and that the father is his God and father, just as it says in the bible.

    So seeing as you are saying that I have false beliefs, and that I error in my words, show me where it says in the bible that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved? Just written like that, Chapter and verse Thanks

  14. #53
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    15,424
    Thanks
    5,615
    Thanked 21,783 Times in 10,961 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147708
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    We don't do anything EE, it's God in us that does the works and it's his word that reaches the hearts of others not us.
    Ah, I see you have adjusted your talking points. You've gone from God "helping us" to our doing nothing. This doesn't project a heart change, but a mask alteration. Actors upon the stage......

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 6th, 2017)

  16. #54
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,008
    Thanks
    11,661
    Thanked 13,616 Times in 10,951 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147788
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    We don't do anything EE, it's God in us that does the works and it's his word that reaches the hearts of others not us.

    And Jesus said that the father is his God and I believe him, why shouldn't I? Show me where it says in the bible that I have to believe that Jesus is God? Because as far as I have read I have to believe that Jesus is the Son of God, and I do! I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God, and that he is risen, now according to my kjv bible that's what I am to believe!

    And it says in the bible that I'm to believe that Christ is come in flesh and I do, why can't you see that God was in Christ Jesus, it says in the bible that God was in him reconciling the world unto himself, not that Jesus is God, but God was in him, it also says that God was in his fullnes in Christ Jesus bodily, and that's because Jesus never saw after the seeing of his eyes, he didn't hear after the hearing of his ears and his voice was not heard in the streets. He saw, heard and spoke God and only him, there was nothing of this world in him, he was full of the Holy Spirit so when we see Jesus we see the father and he glorifies him, the Father who is also the God, and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, according to Jesus and his apostles

    So, before you accuse me of having whatever kind of mouth you have judged me of having, show me where it says, in the bible that I have to believe that Jesus is God to be saved? If it's not in the bible, then don't preach to me that I must believe it. I believe what is the truth, that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God and that the father is his God and father, just as it says in the bible.

    So seeing as you are saying that I have false beliefs, and that I error in my words, show me where it says in the bible that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved? Just written like that, Chapter and verse Thanks
    John 14:7-9New King James Version (NKJV)

    The Father Revealed

    7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”
    8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
    9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  17. #55
    Over 4000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,339
    Thanks
    1,459
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83119
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Ah, I see you have adjusted your talking points. You've gone from God "helping us" to our doing nothing. This doesn't project a heart change, but a mask alteration. Actors upon the stage......
    I'm talking about the word of God, we can't reach the hearts of others, we are flesh, it's Gods word that reaches the hearts. Because only God knows the heart and he gives us what to say when it's needed. So it's not EE that reaches anyone, it's God that reaches the heart of others through those born of him.

    I keep saying to you over and over, we are to do works, but not our own works, those works glorify our flesh. The works that those born of God do, are the works of God, the works that he does within our hearts and we live by them and live them out and glorify him and Christ Jesus.

    God is helping me daily overcome this world, without God and Christ, I'd still be dead in my sins.

  18. #56
    Over 4000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,339
    Thanks
    1,459
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83119
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    John 14:7-9New King James Version (NKJV)

    The Father Revealed

    7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”
    8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
    9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?
    Why can't you see that that father is in Jesus, he was in Jesus in his fullness because Jesus didn't live by his will but by the will of the father. Jesus even said that the words he speaks are not his own, but they are his father's words. So when we hear Jesus, we hear the father, because he only speaks what the father gives him to speak.

    And there's this

    John 17

    John 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

    Then further down the chapter

    That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.


    Also, can you show me where it says in the bible that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved?

  19. #57
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,008
    Thanks
    11,661
    Thanked 13,616 Times in 10,951 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147788
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Why can't you see that that father is in Jesus, he was in Jesus in his fullness because Jesus didn't live by his will but by the will of the father. Jesus even said that the words he speaks are not his own, but they are his father's words. So when we hear Jesus, we hear the father, because he only speaks what the father gives him to speak.

    And there's this

    John 17

    John 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

    Then further down the chapter

    That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.


    Also, can you show me where it says in the bible that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved?
    No. That's what I just said to keypurr in the Jesus Is God thread. I don't think God expects us to completely understand the Trinity, and many people just don't get it.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  20. #58
    Over 4000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,339
    Thanks
    1,459
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83119
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    No. That's what I just said to keypurr in the Jesus Is God thread. I don't think God expects us to completely understand the Trinity, and many people just don't get it.
    Patrick I believe in God and Christ, and I love them from the depths of my heart, and I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. And that's what I'm told to believe in the bible. I have never seen it written that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved. So why do many of you tell me that I must believe this or else I won't be saved? It doesn't say that anywhere in the bible, if it does then please show me where it is?

  21. #59
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,008
    Thanks
    11,661
    Thanked 13,616 Times in 10,951 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147788
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Patrick I believe in God and Christ, and I love them from the depths of my heart, and I believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God. And that's what I'm told to believe in the bible. I have never seen it written that I must believe that Jesus is God to be saved. So why do many of you tell me that I must believe this or else I won't be saved? It doesn't say that anywhere in the bible, if it does then please show me where it is?
    I just said "No" - the Bible doesn't say that you have to believe that Jesus is God to be saved. Some say this scripture says so - John 8:24 KJV -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  22. #60
    Over 4000 post club marhig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,339
    Thanks
    1,459
    Thanked 1,884 Times in 1,447 Posts

    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    83119
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I just said "No" - the Bible doesn't say that you have to believe that Jesus is God to be saved.
    Ok, thank you for answering me.

    According to the bible, it's those who believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God that will be saved, and those who live by the will of God, are those who enter into the kingdom of heaven. And God will be the judge of all of us.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us