User Tag List

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 239

Thread: The NT theology core

  1. #46
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,055
    Thanked 19,365 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Because of the question of honesty by STP that I raised above, I read his post and sure enough he is being dishonest. He is referring to v23 and refusing to acknowledge that I'm talking about the expression in v32. I pretty much knew he would do that.

    The sermon is anchored in a doctrine which D'ism cannot absorb without collapsing.

    At a certain point, at this level with the Bible, you have 1, know Greek for years or
    2, trust Greek commentators.

    STP does neither; he has disqualified himself.


    You have to be a Greek scholar to understand the simplicity of Christ, per IP the Great.
    What a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

  3. #47
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,055
    Thanked 19,365 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Remember, Mayor-"get out of the gaming dialectic."
    IP shore is sensitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

  5. #48
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    14,234
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8,031 Times in 5,948 Posts

    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147806
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    IP shore is sensitive.
    Wonder if he wears his mamma's fracturized hat?
    Saint John W

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

  7. #49
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,055
    Thanked 19,365 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Wonder if he wears his mamma's fracturized hat?
    Do you not know the Greek for fracturalization?
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

  9. #50
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    14,234
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8,031 Times in 5,948 Posts

    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147806
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Do you not know the Greek for fracturalization?
    Look, Elroy-that is too technical for you to grasp.
    Saint John W

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

  11. #51
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,055
    Thanked 19,365 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Look, Elroy-that is too technical for you to grasp.
    Yes, that is exactly what Fred and Ward told me down at the office.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Ktoyou (August 31st, 2017),Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

  13. #52
    TOL Legend john w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Heavenly Places
    Posts
    14,234
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 8,031 Times in 5,948 Posts

    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147806
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Yes, that is exactly what Fred and Ward told me down at the office.
    No wonder June often seemed to comment that Ward always seemed to be "home early," after listening to all your simpleton jazz.
    Saint John W

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

    Ktoyou (August 31st, 2017),Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

  15. #53
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,452
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 665 Times in 585 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198158
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    In ONE SENSE the entire plan of God is unified. But that is NOT the WHOLE story.

    God REVEALED things to Paul that had NOT been REVEALED before.

    Paul went to great lengths to make this known and yet SOOOO many, like you, ignore it and try to make it go away.




    by 'not revealed,' he meant not to post-exile Judaism as it read the OT. That's why they were there since the founding of the world, or Amos 9's known for long ages (that the Gentiles would believe).
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  16. #54
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,452
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 665 Times in 585 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198158
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Because of the question of honesty by STP that I raised above, I read his post and sure enough he is being dishonest. He is referring to v23 and refusing to acknowledge that I'm talking about the expression in v32. I pretty much knew he would do that.

    The sermon is anchored in a doctrine which D'ism cannot absorb without collapsing.

    At a certain point, at this level with the Bible, you have 1, know Greek for years or
    2, trust Greek commentators.

    STP does neither; he has disqualified himself.




    I believe STP asked a fair question of who are authorities. In the setting of the internet, it needs to be published authors, especially in lexical and reference materials. This list does not have articles from when I wrote a paper on the AofD, but it has many lexical and reference:

    Every fact needs to be established by 2 or 3 witnesses. ie, when there is an unresolvable Greek text question, we need to find authors in material like this and 'take a tally' if possible.

    The fact that STP craps on all commentary puts him so far out of range of ever arriving at reality that there's not much point in his working with this kind of thing until he stops that kind of thinking.



    Resource List
    LUKE-ACTS AND THE COVENANT REVOLT
    Marcus Sanford 1984

    Lexical, reference and commentary:

    _____. The Jewish Encyclopedia.
    Bauer-Arndt-Gingrich. Greek-English NT Lexicon and other early Christian literature
    Brown. New Int’l Dictionary of NT Theology.
    Goldingay. “The Book of Daniel; Three Issues” THEMELIOS 1977.
    Kasemann. Commentary on Romans.
    Kittel. Theological Dictionary of the NT.
    Marshall. New Int’l Greek Text Commentary: Luke.
    Same. Apostolic Preaching.
    Newell. Romans.
    Nineham. Mark.
    Odendaal. “The Eschatological Expectations of Isaiah 40-66” Int’l Library of Biblical and Theological Studies.
    Orr. Int’l Standard Bible Encyclopedia.
    Taylor. Mark.
    Tasker. Matthew.
    Young. Daniel.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  17. #55
    TOL Legend Ktoyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Alabama and Florida
    Posts
    8,957
    Thanks
    1,989
    Thanked 5,695 Times in 4,057 Posts

    Blog Entries
    7
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2147701
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    t.


    So once again the ridicule is quite short lived and the boys of D'ism are naked to the world.
    Oh hush
    Quote Originally Posted by marhig View Post
    Christian theology isn't to be in Christ.


    So, what?

    believe it!

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

    Ask Mr. Religion (August 31st, 2017),Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

  19. #56
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,452
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 665 Times in 585 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198158
    I can see why you'd be offended by the c word but really, the things STP says do just that to common sense, reason, authority etc.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  20. #57
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,452
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 665 Times in 585 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198158
    I could care less what STP thinks or how many people worship him, but to be fair, he said something to day about 'simplicity' when addressing the question of honesty and authority.

    This is simple:
    1, God was in Christ resolving man's debt
    2, the resurrection occurred because God approved of his travail
    3, the resurrection was the enthronement foreseen by David, because how can he (the Lord) be his son in an ordinary sense?
    4, the resurrection was the fulfillment of what God had promised the fathers as a blessing to the nations, since the land and kingdom had already served their purpose in their generations.


    Complicated:
    *3 kinds of heavens and 3 ways to get there; see STP
    *"Revelation". All kinds of blabber about the book after 2000 years and about 2000 opinions, all calling it 'simple.'
    *"It is not for you to know" is not a rebuke. You have to be really complicated to think that way.
    *Saying Amos 9 is not about the very topic of the incoming Gentiles in Acts 15. You have to be really complicated to say it is about some other time period or Israel as a race or some such.

    Chafer, one of the earliest DTSeminary teachers of D'ism said: '(without D'ism) the bible is several conflicting messages.' No, he made it complicated when it was to be about Christ and the apostle's teaching listed above.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  21. #58
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,055
    Thanked 19,365 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    I believe STP asked a fair question of who are authorities. In the setting of the internet, it needs to be published authors, especially in lexical and reference materials.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

  23. #59
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,055
    Thanked 19,365 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    I could care less what STP thinks or how many people worship him, but to be fair, he said something to day about 'simplicity' when addressing the question of honesty and authority.

    This is simple:
    1, God was in Christ resolving man's debt
    2, the resurrection occurred because God approved of his travail
    3, the resurrection was the enthronement foreseen by David, because how can he (the Lord) be his son in an ordinary sense?
    4, the resurrection was the fulfillment of what God had promised the fathers as a blessing to the nations, since the land and kingdom had already served their purpose in their generations.


    Complicated:
    *3 kinds of heavens and 3 ways to get there; see STP
    *"Revelation". All kinds of blabber about the book after 2000 years and about 2000 opinions, all calling it 'simple.'
    *"It is not for you to know" is not a rebuke. You have to be really complicated to think that way.
    *Saying Amos 9 is not about the very topic of the incoming Gentiles in Acts 15. You have to be really complicated to say it is about some other time period or Israel as a race or some such.

    Chafer, one of the earliest DTSeminary teachers of D'ism said: '(without D'ism) the bible is several conflicting messages.' No, he made it complicated when it was to be about Christ and the apostle's teaching listed above.
    All of those things ARE simple. Just taking God at his word.
    It's complicated to blend them all together, making God a liar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

  25. #60
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,055
    Thanked 19,365 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The fact that STP craps on all commentary
    Your posts suggest that you've spent 90% of the last 40 years studying commentaries, maybe 10% Bible.
    It should be inverted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us