Thread: The NT theology core

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by northwye View Post
    And the gaming kind of dialectic goes on and on here on TOL. How would the TOL dispensationalists start to get out of the gaming dialectic? By learning that an honest argument or debate depends upon some agreement between the opposing factions on what a fact is. Here a fact is scripture and often sets of scripture. The difference between an argument which is not substantive and one that is at least partly substantive has to be understood and valued. Otherwise the dialectic tends toward the gaming form - often subtle put downs and attacks upon individuals, and often too brief to make sense.

Very good summary. It's breeding ground for a cult.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So I've just returned to the forum after 12 hours only to find that no one here has a word about the summary points. The short list of the 4 doctrines. Apparently none of the D'ists believe them, nor have any value in them. Which means to me that they are in a completely different faith from the apostles.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,230 Times in 1,608 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    He may run long, but if you don't know those issues, you haven't even started PJ. Anyone who has worked in Greek a year will tell you that sorting out 'kata sarka' is a huge project, extremely definitive to the whole NT. You have to read many times to get an accurate picture. You have nothing without it.
    I am not a Greek language expert, but I discern faith in the Gospel Truth when expressed by the brethren in Christ, and northwye is a fellow Christian who testifies to that absolute Gospel Truth of God, while providing correct historical context and evidence for the same.
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

Thanks
    Thanked 19,365 Times in 11,265 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since 'promise' as a noun was not in question in Acts 13:32, and never has been, I went back to see what scandal STP was concocting this time. Sure enough, after 2 years and a hundred discussions, he found some other occurence of promise in the sermon. Way to go STP. You're the greatest.

The matter in question is 'tauten' and since Tam is a Greek scholar she will know! The options are 'what ever God promise' or 'what God promised' or 'the things God promised.'

So once again the ridicule is quite short lived and the boys of D'ism are naked to the world.

Without being too technical with the Greek, they might look at the overall picture of the sermon and notice that step by step things have been fulfilled and now all of it is fulfilled in the resurrection. That is the sense I get but it is a bit subjective. For ex., they DID get their land; done deal. David DID get a kingdom, done deal. Now in Christ it was time for something new to arrive; the mission to the nations through the Spirit.
    Translation: You don't believe the passage.
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    You're too literal to get it.
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

steko (August 31st, 2017),Tambora (August 31st, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since 'promise' as a noun was not in question in Acts 13:32, and never has been, I went back to see what scandal STP was concocting this time. Sure enough, after 2 years and a hundred discussions, he found some other occurence of promise in the sermon. Way to go STP. You're the greatest.

The matter in question is 'tauten' and since Tam is a Greek scholar she will know! The options are 'what ever God promise' or 'what God promised' or 'the things God promised.'

So once again the ridicule is quite short lived and the boys of D'ism are naked to the world.

Without being too technical with the Greek, they might look at the overall picture of the sermon and notice that step by step things have been fulfilled and now all of it is fulfilled in the resurrection. That is the sense I get but it is a bit subjective. For ex., they DID get their land; done deal. David DID get a kingdom, done deal. Now in Christ it was time for something new to arrive; the mission to the nations through the Spirit.
    The English term promise is mis-translated. The correct translation is pre-evangelism. Because evangelism has been mis-translated as gospel it really does hide what was being conveyed. This is part of the judgement of Elohim to remove the means of salvation far from the reprobates.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 1,079 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    This is part of the judgement of Elohim to remove the means of salvation far from the reprobates.
    Are reprobates anything like sinners?

Jesus died for sinners.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Because of the question of honesty by STP that I raised above, I read his post and sure enough he is being dishonest. He is referring to v23 and refusing to acknowledge that I'm talking about the expression in v32. I pretty much knew he would do that.

The sermon is anchored in a doctrine which D'ism cannot absorb without collapsing.

At a certain point, at this level with the Bible, you have 1, know Greek for years or
    2, trust Greek commentators.

STP does neither; he has disqualified himself.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,002 Times in 6,965 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thumbs down

That's not quite what I mean by talking about WHY you believe what you do, RD. Try again. I already know you have 10 ways of saying that. I need to speak on the level of reasons. What reasons do you think Paul and Peter are NOT deeply unified on these things? OK? Try that.
    In ONE SENSE the entire plan of God is unified. But that is NOT the WHOLE story.

God REVEALED things to Paul that had NOT been REVEALED before.

Paul went to great lengths to make this known and yet SOOOO many, like you, ignore it and try to make it go away.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 8,031 Times in 5,948 Posts

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Without being too technical with the Greek,
    Tappa Kegga Budda?

the mission to the nations through the Spirit.
    Remember, MAD wacko's-focus on the mission.

Thanks for checkin; in, James Tiberius Kirkerplanner....
    Saint John W

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,252 Times in 11,349 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

STP and the "boys" are naked to the world?
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

14. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

steko (August 31st, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good summary. It's breeding ground for a cult.
    Please floor us with that "cult" debate clincher, again. Please?
    Saint John W

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

patrick jane (August 31st, 2017),steko (August 31st, 2017),Tambora (August 31st, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Translation: You don't believe the passage.
    Remember, Mayor-"get out of the gaming dialectic."
    Saint John W

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At a certain point, at this level with the Bible, .
    Identify this "the Bible" you reference. Where can I get a copy, of this true, sound, pure, right, without error "the Bible?"
    Saint John W

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to john w For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,002 Times in 6,965 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by john w View Post
    Remember, Mayor-"get out of the gaming dialectic."
    I have already gotten past that simplistic dialectic nonsense and am now using the trialectic method!
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Has Amos 9:15 been cancelled?

Eph 2:8-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:8) For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God: (2:9) Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The list: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...quot-list-quot Great Bible software: http://www.theword.net/

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    I have already gotten past that simplistic dialectic nonsense and am now using the trialectic method!
    I would splain it to you, simpleton RD, but I do not want to get too technical with "the English."
    Saint John W

24. The Following User Says Thank You to john w For Your Post:

Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

Thread Information