User Tag List

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 343

Thread: The essential irrationality of Dispensationalism

  1. #91
    et al musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    18,530
    Thanks
    2,864
    Thanked 13,275 Times in 7,897 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147713
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Show me something in hebrews that can't possibly apply to the rest of us;
    Heb 10:38-39 cannot apply to the Body of Christ while Col 2:13 does. Contradictory.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

    C. H. Mackintosh


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 12th, 2017),steko (September 12th, 2017),Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  3. #92
    et al musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    18,530
    Thanks
    2,864
    Thanked 13,275 Times in 7,897 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147713
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Yes, unbelief in a fractured Bible.
    Answer this.

    Why did this shift [from the 12 to Paul] take place?

    For example, what happened to the “great commission” given to the Twelve? It was indeed in motion, exactly as Christ had described it, right up through Acts 2 and the following few chapters. But later…nothing. Instead, we see Christ graciously drafting his bitter enemy and sending him to the Gentiles, and that without the miracle-working Twelve and a restored, Spirit-filled nation of priests at his back.

    Please explain why this change took place.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

    C. H. Mackintosh


  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 12th, 2017),patrick jane (September 12th, 2017),steko (September 12th, 2017),Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  5. #93
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    17,873
    Thanks
    2,898
    Thanked 18,247 Times in 10,751 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147790
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Yes, unbelief in a fractured Bible.

    Everything glorious about hebrews is for all other believers, so what the crap is that about?

    You persist in ignoring the other passages in which all those glorious things are said to be for all who believe. You unbelieve that. There's 10 other passages and STP has never to my knowledge said squat about them, which is about as dishonest as theology gets.

    Hebrews can't even be for the race because they have to have faith in Christ the new sacrifice! they are 'not the ones who shrink back'! Don't you know these things? don't you have any memory? don't you have eyes? What a pile of hooey you live on because you are trying to please Chafer and his declaration that the bible is confused without him. Grow your mind and your faith and your honesty!

    2P2P and D'ism are not plain and are not what 'In the Seed, all the nations will be blessed' was about. That's why I don't believe YOU and your gaming. It is hooey and Chafer wanted to be worshipped.
    Totally made up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    steko (September 12th, 2017),Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  7. #94
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    17,873
    Thanks
    2,898
    Thanked 18,247 Times in 10,751 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147790
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Heb 10:38-39 cannot apply to the Body of Christ while Col 2:13 does. Contradictory.
    Indeed. Also, it's quite clear that the Hebrews had not yet received the promise, and were not yet partakers of Christ. They would be....at the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    steko (September 12th, 2017),Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  9. #95
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    17,873
    Thanks
    2,898
    Thanked 18,247 Times in 10,751 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147790
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Show me something in hebrews that can't possibly apply to the rest of us; it probably has to do with the turmoil in israel in that generation, like ch 6. Otherwise we look forward to the Jerusalem above just like Gal 4. ETc ETc Etc
    You have a 0% chance of being a king and priest, like the Hebrews.
    You have a 0% chance of inheriting the New Jerusalem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    steko (September 12th, 2017),Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  11. #96
    et al musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    18,530
    Thanks
    2,864
    Thanked 13,275 Times in 7,897 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147713
    In the mind of many, they can have the dispensation of grace AND the new covenant, not realizing that if you have one, you don't need both.

    To claim a covenant (nevermind one expressly made with another party and never with you) implies that you, personally, need a "deal" with God and assumes He made one specifically with you as an individual. You don't need grace -- you have a "deal" with God.

    Covenant claiming is theft of another's belongings (Israel's) and thereby calls God a liar because it denies the very grace He says is your only hope.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

    C. H. Mackintosh


  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 12th, 2017),steko (September 12th, 2017),Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  13. #97
    et al musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    18,530
    Thanks
    2,864
    Thanked 13,275 Times in 7,897 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147713
    Go into Captain D's and demand the manager cook you a ribeye. Same principle, same kind of foolishness.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

    C. H. Mackintosh


  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    steko (September 12th, 2017),Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  15. #98
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,045
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 641 Times in 568 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    186459
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    In the mind of many, they can have the dispensation of grace AND the new covenant, not realizing that if you have one, you don't need both.

    To claim a covenant (nevermind one expressly made with another party and never with you) implies that you, personally, need a "deal" with God and assumes He made one specifically with you as an individual. You don't need grace -- you have a "deal" with God.

    Covenant claiming is theft of another's belongings (Israel's) and thereby calls God a liar because it denies the very grace He says is your only hope.




    The reason the covenant is new is that it was done by Christ already. In fact, anyone in christ recieves it. 'sacrifices and offereings you did not desire, but a body you prepared' is how Hebrews describes the business of putting it into effect.

    You are obstinately rebellious toward what the Word says here, sticking with 8:8 only and never reading anything else the NT says, which would demolish your argument. You drip with guilt whereas it is spreads grace, which says everything.

    Worst of all, you are not doing your part in the ministry of reconciling men's sins because you have this total imaginary belief thanks to Chafer that there is some other purpose for the whole thing.

    Your whole system is built on a guy who wanted to make himself famous for having figured out the otherwise confused Bible.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  16. #99
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,045
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 641 Times in 568 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    186459
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Answer this.

    Why did this shift [from the 12 to Paul] take place?

    For example, what happened to the “great commission” given to the Twelve? It was indeed in motion, exactly as Christ had described it, right up through Acts 2 and the following few chapters. But later…nothing. Instead, we see Christ graciously drafting his bitter enemy and sending him to the Gentiles, and that without the miracle-working Twelve and a restored, Spirit-filled nation of priests at his back.

    Please explain why this change took place.




    God supernaturally sent Peter to the Gentiles at the same time. In fact that is Peter's recollection of what happened in his account in ch 15.

    Remember, the 12 were the guys who were dejected that christ didn't redeem Israel in Luke 24, and still asking about Israel's kingdom in Acts 1 where they were flatly rebuked for the nonsense. It's a really, really deep root, so deep that Chafer picked it up 19 centuries later and thought he could solve the bible with it and now has millions of baby Christians infected with 'knowledge' which is neither knowledge nor empowering them into the mission of Christ. But Chafer got worshiped for inventing it and that's what matters.

    The fact that the issue of Acts 15 came up shows it was never cured even in the early Christian Jewish church.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  17. #100
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,045
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 641 Times in 568 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    186459
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Heb 10:38-39 cannot apply to the Body of Christ while Col 2:13 does. Contradictory.



    If it applies to escaping the destruction of Jerusalem yes. Does it? Otherwise it applies to anything from which we as believer might shrink back, because they were believers, and the community of faith is one, and this kind of command would not be given to a legal state.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  18. #101
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    12,608
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,997 Times in 2,233 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1071729
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    What is the mystery of Romans 16?
    I see you thanked that, JR.

    You might want to remove that thank you.

    I meant to reply that he and I have been down this road before, and we are simply too far apart in each our respective understanding of various things in Romans for us to end up seeing eye to eye on either Romans 16:25, or verse 26

    I click posted only his question alone, by accident - I'm not one to often employ the use of open ended questions, as I find them either baiting, or pointless.

    In STP's case, the latter of those two.

    We're simply too far apart in much of our understanding of Romans overall, for such a simple question and or answer to do this issue much justice, other than in the minds of overly simplistic individuals to begin with.

    We go a round or two, and that is as far as it goes - he then simply ignores going any further (for whatever reason he does that).

    Heck, he'd rather chase after IP, than deal with any of his own who do not hold his set in stone views

    Nevertheless, Romans 5:8
    Last edited by Danoh; September 12th, 2017 at 10:18 AM.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 12th, 2017)

  20. #102
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    17,873
    Thanks
    2,898
    Thanked 18,247 Times in 10,751 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147790
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    I see you thanked that, JR.

    You might want to remove that thank you.

    I meant to reply that he and I have been down this road before, and we are simply too far apart in each our respective understanding of various things in Romans for us to end up seeing eye to eye on either Romans 16:25, or verse 26

    I click posted only his question alone, by accident - I'm not one to often employ the use of open ended questions, as I find them either baiting, or pointless.

    In STP's case, the latter of those two.

    We're simply too far apart in much of our understanding of Romans overall, for such a simple question and or answer to do this issue much justice, other than in the minds of overly simplistic individuals to begin with.

    We go a round or two, and that is as far as it goes - he then simply ignores going any further (for whatever reason he does that).

    Heck, he'd rather chase after IP, than deal with any of his own who do not hold his set in stone views

    Nevertheless, Romans 5:8
    I am not sure what you believe the mystery of Romans 16 to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  22. #103
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    17,873
    Thanks
    2,898
    Thanked 18,247 Times in 10,751 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147790
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The reason the covenant is new is that it was done by Christ already. In fact, anyone in christ recieves it. 'sacrifices and offereings you did not desire, but a body you prepared' is how Hebrews describes the business of putting it into effect.

    You are obstinately rebellious toward what the Word says here, sticking with 8:8 only and never reading anything else the NT says, which would demolish your argument. You drip with guilt whereas it is spreads grace, which says everything.

    Worst of all, you are not doing your part in the ministry of reconciling men's sins because you have this total imaginary belief thanks to Chafer that there is some other purpose for the whole thing.

    Your whole system is built on a guy who wanted to make himself famous for having figured out the otherwise confused Bible.
    100% made up. Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  24. #104
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    17,873
    Thanks
    2,898
    Thanked 18,247 Times in 10,751 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147790
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    God supernaturally sent Peter to the Gentiles at the same time. In fact that is Peter's recollection of what happened in his account in ch 15.

    Remember, the 12 were the guys who were dejected that christ didn't redeem Israel in Luke 24, and still asking about Israel's kingdom in Acts 1 where they were flatly rebuked for the nonsense. It's a really, really deep root, so deep that Chafer picked it up 19 centuries later and thought he could solve the bible with it and now has millions of baby Christians infected with 'knowledge' which is neither knowledge nor empowering them into the mission of Christ. But Chafer got worshiped for inventing it and that's what matters.

    The fact that the issue of Acts 15 came up shows it was never cured even in the early Christian Jewish church.
    Humanism. Unbelief.

    Matthew 10:23 (KJV)
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    steko (September 12th, 2017),Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

  26. #105
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    17,873
    Thanks
    2,898
    Thanked 18,247 Times in 10,751 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147790
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    If it applies to escaping the destruction of Jerusalem yes. Does it? Otherwise it applies to anything from which we as believer might shrink back, because they were believers, and the community of faith is one, and this kind of command would not be given to a legal state.
    100% made up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    steko (September 12th, 2017),Tambora (September 12th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us