User Tag List

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 366

Thread: The essential irrationality of Dispensationalism

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,455
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 666 Times in 586 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198158

    The essential irrationality of Dispensationalism

    STP is looking forward to the day when the Levitical sacrificial system is practiced exactly as it is supposed to be, (in the unintended compliment of D'ism thread). that is the opposite of what Hebrews says. I therefore believe D'ism to be as irrational as the secular social scientist who says "male and female genders are just social constructs to be overthrown."

    You want me to believe that Hebrews is only for Jews. Then you want me to believe that the new covenant is only for Jews. then, even though no one can miss that the new covenant in Christ is about the replacement of Judaism's worship and sacrifice system, I am supposed to believe that Hebrews is not for me AND (above) that every thing in the law will be practiced exactly.

    D'ism is therefore fundamentally irrational and made up.

    We are supposed to learn from it when things are shadows of Christ and when the reality of Christ has come. It has, Heb 9 and 10. They actually have no other topic.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  2. #2
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,319
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 653 Times in 483 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    202742
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    STP is looking forward to the day when the Levitical sacrificial system is practiced exactly as it is supposed to be, (in the unintended compliment of D'ism thread). that is the opposite of what Hebrews says. I therefore believe D'ism to be as irrational as the secular social scientist who says "male and female genders are just social constructs to be overthrown."

    You want me to believe that Hebrews is only for Jews. Then you want me to believe that the new covenant is only for Jews. then, even though no one can miss that the new covenant in Christ is about the replacement of Judaism's worship and sacrifice system, I am supposed to believe that Hebrews is not for me AND (above) that every thing in the law will be practiced exactly.

    D'ism is therefore fundamentally irrational and made up.

    We are supposed to learn from it when things are shadows of Christ and when the reality of Christ has come. It has, Heb 9 and 10. They actually have no other topic.

    Hi and I believe that there will never be a SACRIFICIAL SYSTEM again as Jesus in Heb 9:15 paid for all the sacrifices and sins committed under the Old Covenant ALSO , because will never die for sins ever again !!

    Also because there is a New High Priest after the order of Melchisedec !!

    In the Millennial Kingdom there will be sacrifices as recorded in Ezek !!

    #1 The burnt offering Ezek 40 :39 43:24 43:7

    #2 , The sin offering Ezek 40:39

    #3, The trespass offering Ezk 46:20

    #4, The peace offering Ezek 43:27

    #5, The meal offering Ezek 44:29

    #6, The drink offering Ezek 45:17


    The Holy Spirit will shed light to his people Isa 11:9 !!

    The New Covenant CAN NOT be in operation today as Paul warned all in Gal 4:10 !!

    dan p

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to DAN P For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 28th, 2017)

  4. #3
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,455
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 666 Times in 586 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198158
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and I believe that there will never be a SACRIFICIAL SYSTEM again as Jesus in Heb 9:15 paid for all the sacrifices and sins committed under the Old Covenant ALSO , because will never die for sins ever again !!

    Also because there is a New High Priest after the order of Melchisedec !!

    In the Millennial Kingdom there will be sacrifices as recorded in Ezek !!

    #1 The burnt offering Ezek 40 :39 43:24 43:7

    #2 , The sin offering Ezek 40:39

    #3, The trespass offering Ezk 46:20

    #4, The peace offering Ezek 43:27

    #5, The meal offering Ezek 44:29

    #6, The drink offering Ezek 45:17


    The Holy Spirit will shed light to his people Isa 11:9 !!

    The New Covenant CAN NOT be in operation today as Paul warned all in Gal 4:10 !!

    dan p





    So you are saying both things will happen, right.

    lol, Gal 4:10 is not a warning about the new covenant. It is in effect today and there are no days/ seasons/ sacrifices. Those people had put themselves back under the 1st covenant. You have no idea.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  5. #4
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,319
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 653 Times in 483 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    202742
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    So you are saying both things will happen, right.

    lol, Gal 4:10 is not a warning about the new covenant. It is in effect today and there are no days/ seasons/ sacrifices. Those people had put themselves back under the 1st covenant. You have no idea.

    Hi and there is much more than what I wrote !!

    Gal 4:10 means that the Galatians were already in the PRESENT TENSE / PARATERO were OBSERVING Days , and Months , and Times and Years which all Jews did in their Worship !!

    This means there OBSERVING these things during UNDER the Dispensation of the Grace of God was wrong as the Mosic Law was just to be FAZED OUT as 2 Cor 3:13-16 says !!

    Care to comment on 2 Cor 3:13-16 , come on DOOOOOOOOO IT !!

    dan p

  6. #5
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    12,455
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 666 Times in 586 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    198158
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and there is much more than what I wrote !!

    Gal 4:10 means that the Galatians were already in the PRESENT TENSE / PARATERO were OBSERVING Days , and Months , and Times and Years which all Jews did in their Worship !!

    This means there OBSERVING these things during UNDER the Dispensation of the Grace of God was wrong as the Mosic Law was just to be FAZED OUT as 2 Cor 3:13-16 says !!

    Care to comment on 2 Cor 3:13-16 , come on DOOOOOOOOO IT !!

    dan p




    They were practicing the old covenant, not the new! There is no such ritual in the new, and there is no future new covenant for israel where the old rituals are "done right."
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  7. #6
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,319
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 653 Times in 483 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    202742
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They were practicing the old covenant, not the new! There is no such ritual in the new, and there is no future new covenant for israel where the old rituals are "done right."

    Hi and no comment on 2 Cor 3:13-16 ??

    Do not blame you as anti -dispensationalist have no answers that make sense !!

    dan p

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to DAN P For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 28th, 2017)

  9. #7
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,319
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 653 Times in 483 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    202742
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They were practicing the old covenant, not the new! There is no such ritual in the new, and there is no future new covenant for israel where the old rituals are "done right."
    Hi and you believe that Israel was under the Law of Moses , when did Israel or the 12 apostles practice the New Covenant with a verse , especially in the light of 2 Cor 3:13-16 ??

    If there is a VAIL over their hearts and can not understand the Law of Moses , how will they understand the New Covenant ??

    Will you answer ??

    dan p

  10. #8
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,319
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 653 Times in 483 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    202742
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    So you are saying both things will happen, right.

    lol, Gal 4:10 is not a warning about the new covenant. It is in effect today and there are no days/ seasons/ sacrifices. Those people had put themselves back under the 1st covenant. You have no idea.
    Hi and if the NEW COVENANT is in effect , than there are 2 ways to be saved !!

    Today by the MYSTERY !!

    And then Israel will be saved Matt 24:13 or Matt 10:22 and Israel has to ENDURE / HYOMENO and the verb SHALL BE SAVED / SOZO is in the Greek FUTURE TENSE under a different Gospel as verse 14 explains , this GOSPEL of the Kingdom !!

    dan p

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to DAN P For Your Post:

    Evil.Eye.<(I)> (September 1st, 2017)

  12. #9
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ol Misery (Missouri)
    Posts
    870
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 213 Times in 172 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    24788
    The question is, to what extent have the dispensationalists also put themselves under the Old Covenant.

    We have to notice that many of them demonstrate that they do not follow Christian morality very well.. And many of them show that they are addicted to a gaming form of the dialectic.

  13. #10
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,057
    Thanked 19,375 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by northwye View Post
    The question is, to what extent have the dispensationalists also put themselves under the Old Covenant.

    We have to notice that many of them demonstrate that they do not follow Christian morality very well.. And many of them show that they are addicted to a gaming form of the dialectic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

  15. #11
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    13,315
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,219 Times in 2,411 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1098613
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and there is much more than what I wrote !!

    Gal 4:10 means that the Galatians were already in the PRESENT TENSE / PARATERO were OBSERVING Days , and Months , and Times and Years which all Jews did in their Worship !!

    This means there OBSERVING these things during UNDER the Dispensation of the Grace of God !!

    dan p
    I'd be surprised if IP disagrees with that.

    Rom. 5:8

  16. #12
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,319
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 653 Times in 483 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    202742
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    I'd be surprised if IP disagrees with that.

    Rom. 5:8
    Hi probably right and will never see if the Greek words YE OBSERVE is really in the PRESENT TENSE , O WELL !!

    If he believes this , he is just here as a DEVIL'S ADVOCATE !!

    dan p

  17. #13
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    5,319
    Thanks
    34
    Thanked 653 Times in 483 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    202742
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    I'd be surprised if IP disagrees with that.

    Rom. 5:8
    Hi probably right and will never see if the Greek words YE OBSERVE is really in the PRESENT TENSE , O WELL !!

    If he believes this , he is just here as a DEVIL'S ADVOCATE !!

    He should also know that it is in the MIDDLE VOICE and in the INDICATIVE MOOD and that it is a FACT !!

    The MIDDLE VOICE means that the Jews ( the subject ) are participating in the action of Gal 4:10 !!

    dan p

  18. #14
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,057
    Thanked 19,375 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    STP is looking forward to the day when the Levitical sacrificial system is practiced exactly as it is supposed to be, (in the unintended compliment of D'ism thread). that is the opposite of what Hebrews says. I therefore believe D'ism to be as irrational as the secular social scientist who says "male and female genders are just social constructs to be overthrown."

    You want me to believe that Hebrews is only for Jews. Then you want me to believe that the new covenant is only for Jews. then, even though no one can miss that the new covenant in Christ is about the replacement of Judaism's worship and sacrifice system, I am supposed to believe that Hebrews is not for me AND (above) that every thing in the law will be practiced exactly.

    D'ism is therefore fundamentally irrational and made up.

    We are supposed to learn from it when things are shadows of Christ and when the reality of Christ has come. It has, Heb 9 and 10. They actually have no other topic.
    The Kingdom is prepared FOR some people who inherit it.
    Study your Bible, put down the slew of commentaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (August 28th, 2017),Right Divider (August 29th, 2017),Tambora (September 1st, 2017)

  20. #15
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    18,339
    Thanks
    3,057
    Thanked 19,375 Times in 11,265 Posts

    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147797
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    The Kingdom is prepared FOR some people who inherit it.
    Study your Bible, put down the slew of commentaries.
    There are some people still alive when the LORD comes in his glory, and sits on his throne.
    His Kings and Priests will administer the Law, in it's purity, to that group of people for 1000 years.
    Disobedience will not be tolerated.

    Believe the Holy Bible, IP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (September 23rd, 2017),Right Divider (September 25th, 2017),steko (September 25th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us