TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 Times in 2,410 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Just for you, IP - "...two or three witnesses" on what is meant by the phrase "The B.O.C."

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

1 Corinthians 12:27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.

Ephesians 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

Rom. 5:8

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,215 Times in 2,410 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Did an apostle go to Cornelius?

Was Cornelius in Jerusalem?
    A simple but very useful Study PRINCIPLE...

Acts 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

Matthew 10:23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

Now guess where Joppa (modern day Jaffa) was, back then?

Joshua 19:40 And the seventh lot came out for the tribe of the children of Dan according to their families. 19:41 And the coast of their inheritance was Zorah, and Eshtaol, and Irshemesh, 19:42 And Shaalabbin, and Ajalon, and Jethlah, 19:43 And Elon, and Thimnathah, and Ekron, 19:44 And Eltekeh, and Gibbethon, and Baalath, 19:46 And Mejarkon, and Rakkon, with the border before Japho. 19:47 And the coast of the children of Dan went out too little for them: therefore the children of Dan went up to fight against Leshem, and took it, and smote it with the edge of the sword, and possessed it, and dwelt therein, and called Leshem, Dan, after the name of Dan their father. 19:48 This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Dan according to their families, these cities with their villages.

About thirty miles northwest of Jerusalem, on the southwest coast of Israel.

Try a wider frame of reference next time (the simple question 'what ELSE have I NOT considered, or looked at a bit more in depth BEFORE allowing myself my conclusion?')

Great Study PRINCIPLE, that.

Acts 17:11,12.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

steko (August 29th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,136 Times in 6,308 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They also may not mean today; it's hard to tell..
    Now were are getting some where. The reason you can't go hit the quote button is because nobody is saying it, they are saying the opposite.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (August 29th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    Now were are getting some where. The reason you can't go hit the quote button is because nobody is saying it, they are saying the opposite.

Maybe you have a point on that one item, but I have way too many objections. I wrote the threads:
    10 principles of NT eschatology
    notes on D'ism this week
    8 things that sink D'ism (9)

I'm not missing what you guys are saying. It's 2P2P, and that, to use an expression from Clete, is the farce here.

I hardly ever write a followup that does not include their quote; there is no point in needling me about that.

In fact, what they do often is what you did: claim victory without details. I suspect that is because d'ism is one complicated or qualified explanation after another.
    Last edited by Interplanner; August 30th, 2017 at 06:13 AM. Reason: to use an expression from Clete, not quote him
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 1,079 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Just for you, IP - "...two or three witnesses" on what is meant by the phrase "The B.O.C."
    And there is this one.

"And He is the head of the body, the church" (Colossians 1:18)

And the church is his kingdom known as the kingdom of God, which is what Jesus preached.

"He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins." (Colossians 1:13-14)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    And there is this one.

"And He is the head of the body, the church" (Colossians 1:18)

And the church is his kingdom known as the kingdom of God, which is what Jesus preached.

"He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins." (Colossians 1:13-14)

Thx, so why does so much time go into saying that there are whole passages/letters that aren't for Gentiles if it is all one and grounded in the apostle's teaching (see my thread 'the core NT theology')? What I see is a few application only for jewish Christians in Hebrews, for ex., and just for that generation. Most of it is for everyone, and the thing is written in the NT's most complicated Greek! The "one new man" of Eph 2 was the ultimate goal, and succeeded. The whole gradually learned how to be trans-cultural, where cultural items are not lifted up to divide.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Interplanner For Your Post:

jamie (August 29th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,136 Times in 6,308 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you have a point on that one item,
    No, it is the point of your whole thread.

It was pointed out to you right away, right here.

Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Let old covenant believers of Israel get the land
    Let new covenant believers of Israel get the City
    Let the Body of Christ get the heavens

And you will not have any conflicts.

Mix them all together, as you do, and chaos reigns. This is why you consort with 5476 commentaries on the subject and get nowhere.
    You are just here to disrupt, like BLM, Antifa, muslims, and nazis.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (August 30th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Which was the one item that I thought may have a point? You might have included it in the quote...

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

STP's formula is hilarious. Anyway, after the laugh, it is nowhere in the NT, which may be why D'ists like it. they aren't really grounded.

the main problem is the complete distortion of the meaning of the new covenant, which has been shown many times that the D'ist club avoids the gospels, and Heb 9-10, and both Corinthian passages: because they are clearly for all believers, and they are about being justified from our sins. It would simply be too painful for D'ists to realize that Acts 13's sermon really is spot on and anchors so much in so many other places in Paul.

Mr. Make Up will now doubt be wearing salmon tones today in his make up.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who said there are? We tell you there isn't. You are one blithering idiot.

They don't have the same benefits, but there is one giant overlapping thing that binds us together. Eternal life with Christ.

Now compare this nick with the one just above about old, new and boc believers. Parallel separate outcomes. It is utter fantasy. I know of no place it is taught in the Christian world until running into Mr. Make Up. Blush today?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My point was that just when you think they are talking about today, they say them meant in the future, whether millenially or NHNE, which they fail to sort. This is when they talk about interruption, mystery, things on hold, on suspension, etc. So that all their program pieces take place at the right time.

That's why they are so bothered by what I show about the mystery. 1, that it was not the incoming of Gentiles that was mystery. That it was not even that exclusive, starting with Jews first. and 2, that it was something Judaism in Paul's time was not seeing, ie, was veiled. That totally ticks them off, because they think they are organizing when a land restoration promise is supposed to happen. That ticks them off so that they refuse to see Acts 1 as the last rebuke about asking about that kind of kingdom, never to be mentioned again.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't "get nowhere;" I have the powerful work of Christ in that generation reaching a huge part of the world. It has the resound of the NT passages. The ecclesia demonstrates to principalities and powers in the heavens that the Lamb was victorious. That's nowhere?

There is so little worthwhile in STP's little formulas and esoteric comments. Even his makeup clashes.

I see so little value in D'ism that I could care less what happens to it. Sorry you're upset about those groups; try to keep pursuits distinct; I take no pleasure seeing what those groups are doing.

I will say this: that the Gospel is to the Christian community (not race based) what liberty is supposed to be to society; historically there is a connection.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and if all could see that the BIG DIVIDE is Israel and the B O C !!

Many will never get a reward and will POOP OUT before the RACE is finished and not get any REWARD at the BEMA SEAT !!

dan p

The Di'sts at DTS thought they had it all solved when they pronounced that Dan, STP and PJ. That Israel and the church are the 2Ps. It is the flaw. it is nowhere in the NT. It doesn't sound like that.
    Last edited by Interplanner; August 30th, 2017 at 06:08 AM. Reason: doubled word

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As I said on p1:
    So then: why do both Judaism and D'ism reject that that (Acts 2:30-31) was Christ's enthronement?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,252 Times in 11,349 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

As I said on p1:
    So then: why do both Judaism and D'ism reject that that (Acts 2:30-31) was Christ's enthronement?
    STP will set you straight in the morning. Why do resist STP's sound words to you? He is trying to help you get out of the doldrums -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thread Information