Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Harvey Thread

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Many people don't have enough money to drive 4 hours away and live 3 days without planning ahead one or two months, so that's how they saw themselves using their brain cells--not spending money they didn't have.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thanks
    Thanked 9,136 Times in 6,308 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it Trump's fault? Or go with our default answer if Bush?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (August 28th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's a problem of scheduled payments. We should have had 3 inches per year for the last 12 instead 36 all at once after 12 years.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Many people don't have enough money to drive 4 hours away and live 3 days without planning ahead one or two months, so that's how they saw themselves using their brain cells--not spending money they didn't have.
    You're just making this up as you go along. I didn't read anywhere that people refused to leave because they couldn't afford to. If you have a link to any report that says otherwise please feel free to post a link...or stop making excuses for people.

"National Guard troops were driving around in 10-ton trucks and Humvees to help residents who couldn’t get out on their own."

"According to a Texas State Trooper, 200 people were evacuated Saturday night to Austin and there were still lines of buses available for residents who still wanted to leave".

Federal funded lobotomies were available for those who were thinking of not evacuating.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,255 Times in 11,351 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

At the very beginning of this storm, before it ever really started, the left was already saying that this would be a "test" for Trump, his first natural disaster. It's a hurricane, people are in danger, you leftist losers, and they had to make it about Trump somehow.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

8. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

Ktoyou (August 29th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    PJ,
    It's because in their world a president is a god over a centralized government. That's why they want the position.

What difference did Obama make about any disaster that wasn't already covered by various agencies already at work?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Interplanner For Your Post:

patrick jane (August 27th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 14,255 Times in 11,351 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Spike at the pump coming
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whenever I spot devastation in this degree...http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...eople-rescued/

I always type the name of the city followed by the word Pride into Google and guess what...https://pridehouston.org/event/2017-...-by-bud-light/

"Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith Yah Veh".

"Yah Veh is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: Yah Veh hath his way in the hurricane and in the whirling, and the clouds are the dust of his feet".
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    You're just making this up as you go along. I didn't read anywhere that people refused to leave because they couldn't afford to. If you have a link to any report that says otherwise please feel free to post a link...or stop making excuses for people.

"National Guard troops were driving around in 10-ton trucks and Humvees to help residents who couldn’t get out on their own."

"According to a Texas State Trooper, 200 people were evacuated Saturday night to Austin and there were still lines of buses available for residents who still wanted to leave".

Federal funded lobotomies were available for those who were thinking of not evacuating.
    Headline: WHY DIDN'T HOUSTON EVACUATE.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/27/us...vey/index.html

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Noah preached and witnessed by building the ark. None took heed of the flood warning and evacuated via repentance.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Truster, that's a bit simplistic.

How about the Indonesian tsunami?

Why doesn't most of eastern Europe collapse into a hole for sexual trafficking of children?

San Francisco...?

It is good if outright sinful people are awakened by such things happening near them, but God has a different way of establishing his truth: Christ's resurrection not only means that God's justice must be satisfied (rom 3), but that it was (in Christ, Rom 3 and Acts 13) and he is now enthroned and is to be obeyed (Acts 2). 'Kiss the son, lest he smite you.' This--not various natural disasters--was compelled Paul to tell officials at the highest level that they were to obey the enthroned Lord and live righteously and self-controlled.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Truster, that's a bit simplistic.

How about the Indonesian tsunami?

Why doesn't most of eastern Europe collapse into a hole for sexual trafficking of children?

San Francisco...?

It is good if outright sinful people are awakened by such things happening near them, but God has a different way of establishing his truth: Christ's resurrection not only means that God's justice must be satisfied (rom 3), but that it was (in Christ, Rom 3 and Acts 13) and he is now enthroned and is to be obeyed (Acts 2). 'Kiss the son, lest he smite you.' This--not various natural disasters--was compelled Paul to tell officials at the highest level that they were to obey the enthroned Lord and live righteously and self-controlled.
    This is the hurricane Harvey thread. Not the SF or the Asian thread. Try and focus...

PS Simple truths are the most effective as well as the most ignored or denied.

Example:

Noah, why are you building an ark?

Noah answered, to flee the wrath to come.

Thanks
    Thanked 38,471 Times in 23,920 Posts

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

God Bless America

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Ktoyou (August 29th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,216 Times in 4,092 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Headline: WHY DIDN'T HOUSTON EVACUATE.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/27/us...vey/index.html

I for one am not going to second-guess the decision when the storm isn't even over yet. There's time to point fingers later, but now is the time to help or at least show a bit of humanitarian charity. Harvey went from a tropical storm to category 4 hurricane in 36 hours. Telling over 6 million people to evacuate within what, a 24-hour period would have jammed the roads and likely caused more deaths. Why don't you offer some words of condolence or care to the people of Houston? This is a 800-year weather event, not a judgment from God, you two-bit prophet.

From the news coverage I've watched, the rescued have said they sat out other storms, but that Harvey was the worst they'd ever seen. And there were hundreds and hundreds of private citizens out on boats, helping friend and stranger alike. They, unlike you, Mr. two-bit prophet, have a heart. They're showing charity for those in need, they're putting their heart into solid action with their hands. Unlike you.
    So keep your candles burning
    "Nevertheless, she persisted."
    a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

Ktoyou (August 29th, 2017),patrick jane (August 28th, 2017)

Thread Information