User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Doesn't this sound about right with reagrds to Jesus?

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't this sound about right with reagrds to Jesus?

Jesus, the man, was to prove Himself "in time" before the eternal of him could be reinstated. How come, you might ask? Because Jesus, the man, held in trust the complete Godhead which was at stake and human flesh had to overcome and win the battle against Satan who sought to make another fallen man out of the only qualified one left:

"I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was." John 17:4-5 (KJV)
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    He was sent to live a perfect life in place of the failure of Adam. He was tempted in all things, but did not sin. His being made sin was sin that was extrinsic: charged to him, not things he had done.

In Gal 2:20, there is the expression 'the faith of the son of God' which the grammar case shows to be Christ's own loyalty or reliability toward God. It is not our faith in him. Ie, Paul is saying as an ex-Judaizer that Christ's perfect performance is what gives him (Paul) life that he never had before. In Judaism, Paul was trying to achieve that life. He meant acceptance and fellowship with God.

We don't have 'faith in faith' and besides there are days when we wake up and wonder where our faith is. It is no concern, because Christ performed perfectly for our sake!
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 2,418 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    He was sent to live a perfect life in place of the failure of Adam. He was tempted in all things, but did not sin. His being made sin was sin that was extrinsic: charged to him, not things he had done.

In Gal 2:20, there is the expression 'the faith of the son of God' which the grammar case shows to be Christ's own loyalty or reliability toward God. It is not our faith in him. Ie, Paul is saying as an ex-Judaizer that Christ's perfect performance is what gives him (Paul) life that he never had before. In Judaism, Paul was trying to achieve that life. He meant acceptance and fellowship with God.

We don't have 'faith in faith' and besides there are days when we wake up and wonder where our faith is. It is no concern, because Christ performed perfectly for our sake!
    Much of that "witness is true."

If you actually hold to that, than it looks like no lake of fire, for you.

In which case, brother - yipee kai ay and woo hoo!

In short, Romans...5:8!

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul wasn't alluding to salvation. So why not get off the subject and move into what Paul WAS alluding to, i.e., living BY the Life OF the Son of God?
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus came as the true Word of God and the perfect one time sacrifice for our sins.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    Paul wasn't alluding to salvation. So why not get off the subject and move into what Paul WAS alluding to, i.e., living BY the Life OF the Son of God?
    Salvation is a period of time between and through two points. Regeneration being the Alpha, through sanctification to glorification and the redemption of the body, being the Omega.

The subject of the entire canon of scripture after the 7th day is salvation.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Truster;5096310]
    Salvation is a period of time between and through two points. Regeneration being the Alpha, through sanctification to glorification and the redemption of the body, being the Omega.
    I like that. I see regeneration as being a process.

The subject of the entire canon of scripture after the 7th day is salvation.
    What is your definition of "Salvation"? Mine is John 17:3 KJV which explains why I see "Regeneration" as being a process.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Cross Reference;5096327]
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post

I like that. I see regeneration as being a process.

What is your definition of "Salvation"? Mine is John 17:3 KJV which explains why I see "Regeneration" as being a process.
    Regeneration is a one off, is sudden and unexpected. What you "like" is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Truster; September 9th, 2017 at 02:22 PM.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Truster For Your Post:

Ask Mr. Religion (September 9th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley D View Post
    Jesus came as the true Word of God and the perfect one time sacrifice for our sins.

No. Jesus, by His death, canceled out the penalty for Adam's transgression. We are now freed from that penalty, which is the power of sin, death. By being born again is one enabled to become what God had purposed for Adam's progeny Jesus exampled for us.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No. Jesus, by His death, canceled out the penalty for Adam's transgression. We are now freed from that penalty, which is the power of sin, death. By being born again is one enabled to become what God had purposed for Adam's progeny Jesus exampled for us.

But you must set the Gospel work of Christ on its own level; there is no 'model' or 'example' about it in one sense. It had to be done for us entirely. We do not do things that atone for our sins. Justification from our sins (the erasure of debt) is only in Christ.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But you must set the Gospel work of Christ on its own level; there is no 'model' or 'example' about it in one sense. It had to be done for us entirely. We do not do things that atone for our sins. Justification from our sins (the erasure of debt) is only in Christ.
    Jesus, by His death, canceled out the penalty for Adam's transgression. We are now freed from that penalty, which is the power of sin, death. By being born again is one enabled to become what God had purposed for Adam's progeny Jesus exampled for us.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is still a penalty for Adam's sin for those who do not have faith. We are able to stand before God because of Christ's sacrifice. God sees us through Christ. Christ is my High Priest in heaven. As in the OT Priests made sacrifices for the sins of the people and were the only ones to entered God's presence. Christ being the one time sacrifice stands before God perfect for Christians.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bradley D For Your Post:

patrick jane (September 10th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley D View Post
    There is still a penalty for Adam's sin for those who do not have faith. We are able to stand before God because of Christ's sacrifice. God sees us through Christ. Christ is my High Priest in heaven. As in the OT Priests made sacrifices for the sins of the people and were the only ones to entered God's presence. Christ being the one time sacrifice stands before God perfect for Christians.
    Nope. Jesus to us is what He couldn't he be with Adam, his advocator if he sinned. Jesus is the Avocater who stands before God to make intercession for us, pleading our case, with God on our behalf. We, if a disciple of Christian, are now the Temple of the Holy Spirit in which He dwells. The true Christian is given the same responsibility as Jesus, the man i.e., to hold in trust, the complete Godhead. Jesus died and resurrected to make that possible for those who love Him by the new birth from above. This is why John 17:3ff is so important to understand.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Truster;5096331]

Regeneration is a one off, is sudden and unexpected. What you "like" is irrelevant.
    You need to understand what the tiny prep "IF" means, dude.

You are just looking for a reason to keep on living a sinful life as you have been believing wrongly you have Jesus with you. Sorry, but, you are in the wrong church. Jesus didn't come to justify you without you forsaking your sins as in: "IF you forsake you sins will your sins be forgiven".

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Cross Reference;5097116]
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post

You need to understand what the tiny prep "IF" means, dude.

You are just looking for a reason to keep on living a sinful life as you have been believing wrongly you have Jesus with you. Sorry, but, you are in the wrong church. Jesus didn't come to justify you without you forsaking your sins as in: "IF you forsake you sins will your sins be forgiven".
    I had no option but to forsake my sins, because I was given a new nature. A nature that caused me to hate what I once loved and to love that which I once hated. This will be impossible for you to understand without experiencing it and you obviously haven't.

Thread Information