User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 19 of 19

Thread: Galatians 5:16 OBEY!!! Grace vs. Works

  1. #16
    Over 6000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    6,324
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 785 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    304596
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Peter was born of God when he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God.

    Are you saying that Peter was questioning his belief that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God?

    Are you saying that He no longer believed the Lord Jesus when He said the following?:

    "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life"
    (Jn.6:47).

    I think that you probably get your ideas because of what the Calvinists say about 2 Peter 1:10.
    Hi Jerry and where does it say Peter was " BORN OF GOD " ????

    We know from Gal 2:14 that Peter was trying to get Gentiles to ADOPT JEWISH CUSTOMS AND RITES , in other
    words , Peter was a Moses Law Keeper !!

    Read Luke 22:32 m explains how Peter was CONVERTED !!

    So look up the Greek word CONVERTED and find out !!

    dan p

  2. #17
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    14,206
    Thanks
    1,294
    Thanked 8,803 Times in 5,788 Posts

    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147846
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi Jerry and where does it say Peter was " BORN OF GOD " ????
    Compare Matthew 16:16 and 1 John 5:1-5 and John 20:30-31.

    He was born of God when he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Here is what John said about the Jews who believed in the name of the Lord Jesus:

    "He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God"
    (Jn.1:11-13).

    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    So look up the Greek word CONVERTED and find out !!
    The word converted can have several meanings but if you want to know how Peter was saved then believe the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

    "Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life"
    (Jn.6:47).

    "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
    (Jn.6:63).

  3. #18
    Over 6000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    6,324
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 785 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    304596
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Compare Matthew 16:16 and 1 John 5:1-5 and John 20:30-31.

    He was born of God when he believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. Here is what John said about the Jews who believed in the name of the Lord Jesus:

    "He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God"
    (Jn.1:11-13).



    The word converted can have several meanings but if you want to know how Peter was saved then believe the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:

    "Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life"
    (Jn.6:47).

    "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
    (Jn.6:63).
    Hi Jerry , and the Greek word ART CONVERTED / EPISTREPHO , means to return , to come back , come back and worship God !!

    And you never can explain Gal 2:14 , where Peter was a Law keeper , and was never saved by GRACE !!

    Your explanation of Acts 15:11 is FAULTY as you seem to MIX Law and Grace !!

    dan p

  4. #19
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    14,206
    Thanks
    1,294
    Thanked 8,803 Times in 5,788 Posts

    Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147846
    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi Jerry , and the Greek word ART CONVERTED / EPISTREPHO , means to return , to come back , come back and worship God !!
    it does not always mean to come back to worship God. And you must not believe the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law where He made it plain that they were saved by faith alone:

    "Very truly I tell you, the one who believes has eternal life" (Jn.6:47).

    "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
    (Jn.6:63).

    The Jews who lived under the law received spiritual life by faith and faith alone. But since your ideas are contradicted by the words of the Lord Jesus you refuse to believe them.

    Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    And you never can explain Gal 2:14 , where Peter was a Law keeper , and was never saved by GRACE !!

    Your explanation of Acts 15:11 is FAULTY as you seem to MIX Law and Grace !!
    You say that it is faulty so evidently you remain ignorant about what Paul said here:

    "For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth" (Ro.10:4).

    The Lord Jesus brings to an end God's judgment on a Jew's personal righteousness as judged under the law when they believe. The Jewish believer received eternal life when they believed but you refuse to believe the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews:

    "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us