Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: College Football 2017

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Power 5 plus three at large. Should pretty much cover it.
    I like it, but even then, some teams will still complain. Heck, even with 68 teams making the basketball bracket, there are always two or three every year who complain about not getting in.

Had the 5+3 been in place this year, UCF still might not have gotten in.

The 5:

Georgia
    Clemson
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma
    USC

Then which 3?

Alabama
    Wisconsin
    Miami
    Penn State
    UCF
    Washington
    Auburn
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any truth to the rumor that Hilary Clinton is going to invite UCF to the White House?
    (1 Cor 1:13 KJV) Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing we know for sure.

Missouri has never been, nor claimed a National Championship.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,304 Times in 4,200 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Alabama 26, Georgia 23

The University of Alabama, National Champions.

Roll Tide.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Town Heretic View Post
    Alabama 26, Georgia 23

The University of Alabama, National Champions.

Roll Tide.
    Congratulations !!!

It was a really fun game to watch.

Tua Tagovailoa was unbelievable. I have never seen a true freshman QB come into a game in the second half, and play like that on such a big stage.

My only complaint of the game was the officiating when Georgia was up big. It appeared like the refs kept Georgia from turning the game into a blowout.

First the refs called offsides on a blocked punt, that was not offsides. Then the refs didn't call a blatant face mask penalty. Then an Alabama player slaps the Georgia QB in the head right in front of the ref, and no call.

Those calls, and no-calls allowed Alabama to get back in the game. That pass interference on Alabama's game tying drive, was also cheap.

But, Georgia had a chance to win. Alabama's defense really toughened up in the second half after that 80 yard TD by Georgia.

It was also nice hearing Tagovailoa thanking his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ when being interviewed.

One other thing......Trump got a very loud standing ovation from the crowd when he entered the field for the anthem. There were some boo's, but the vast majority were cheering loudly for him.

ESPN wanted to interview Trump, and Trump declined. Therefore, not once did ESPN show Trump sitting in his box during the game. Had Obama been there, ESPN would have shown Obama at least twice every quarter.

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was some odd stuff that took place on the sidelines.

Georgia got penalized for one sideline violation, and got a warning for another.

Alabama had their backup linebacker throwing punches at his teammates, and then had a player collapse on their sideline.

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then the backup linebacker for Alabama who was throwing punches at his own teammates, goes into the game and close-lined the Georgia player returning the kickoff.

It appeared he was able to re-channel the anger he had onto a Georgia player, instead of his teammates.

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also:

Alabama running back Bo Scarbrough was caught on video yelling “F*** Trump” as the Alabama players made their way to the field before the game.

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    One thing we know for sure.

Missouri has never been, nor claimed a National Championship.
    According to Wikipedia in 1960 and 2007 Missouri was named national champions in "non-consensus polls" but the university does not claim either title. I wonder what the stories behind this are?
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,581 Times in 1,614 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tetelestai View Post
    I like it, but even then, some teams will still complain. Heck, even with 68 teams making the basketball bracket, there are always two or three every year who complain about not getting in.

Had the 5+3 been in place this year, UCF still might not have gotten in.

The 5:

Georgia
    Clemson
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma
    USC

Then which 3?

Alabama
    Wisconsin
    Miami
    Penn State
    UCF
    Washington
    Auburn
    Take the voting out of it.
    If any of my views seem to be strange or new to you, it is to be hoped that you will not close your mind to them, but will emulate the noble Bereans, and not only read and study the chapters would discuss, but will also search the Scriptures to see whether these things be so.

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,304 Times in 4,200 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Listened to the head of the NCAA selection committee today on the radio. He said that while conference championships are natural tie breakers and influence opinions they were never intended to be the main or overriding consideration. And they shouldn't be. A paper tiger champion of a weaker conference shouldn't find themselves in while a better team from a stronger conference is excluded because it fails to win its conference championship. The National Championship tournament was never put together to honor conference championships. The purpose of the committee was to see that the best four teams were in competition.

That's what they did.

The AP had Alabama 4th. The SOR had them 4th. The FPI index had Alabama 1st.

The FPI was right. That Alabama belonged in the final four is no longer a matter of speculation. The Tide played their way into incontestable legitimacy, unless you believe the National Championship game should be a thing it wasn't constituted to be.

That's why the coaches poll, that had them 4th going into the playoff, has the Tide a unanimous number one.

Given what the committee was charged to do and what the tournament was meant to decide, they got it right.

Roll Tide.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

Pro-Life

Thread Information