User Tag List

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 295

Thread: If God created...

  1. #241
    Over 3000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,120
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 820 Posts

    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    176160
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Then, when you get sick, pray a lot, see how that works out for you.

    In the meantime, the general ignorance of the fundamentalist, "I must believe in a literal Genesis" along with the hatefilled homophobia and love for Trump has become a bit overwhelming. I need to spend my time being constructive, and dealing with ignorance on a personal level.
    So if I understand correctly, your argument against Creation is that Trump cannot be a product of Intelligent Design?

  2. #242
    Over 3000 post club Rosenritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,120
    Thanks
    583
    Thanked 1,045 Times in 820 Posts

    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    176160
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Ah, a Gish Gallop.

    But if you consider the fact that we are the result of 3.5+/- years of trial and error evolution, naaah not so hard to imagine.

    What I cannot imagine anymore is living my life based on a Holy Book several thousand years old, cobbled together from ancient stories told around campfires in which there are few, if any, first hand accounts.
    Perhaps not hard to imagine for someone ignorant enough to think that life is as simplistic as squishing together a lump of play-doh into something that "looks like an elephant!"

  3. #243
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    11,914
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 630 Times in 561 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    183868
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_European_heat_wave

    2003, not 2004. Nonsense? Nope.

    And I am supposed to give credit to someone you heard on the radio, but you cannot recall any specifics. Not likely.




    OK so there was. But don't miss my point. All of a sudden out of nowhere, never mentioned in any media before, the issue is not rising oceans or temperatures. It's heat waves, and there was one 13 years ago (reminds me of the 12 years since the last destructive 'cane)! I'm frozen with fear! That's modern science. Dishonest. Playing the market. Feeling where the wind is blowing.

    The hemoglobin item is NOT just on radio; it happened to be the topic that day on a program that has substantial knock downs of evolution each day. The hemoglobin material can be found in in any medical book. You simply have to be bright enough to ask: how could this just happen correctly?

    Try the fact of the ability of the mother kangaroo to sense that there is not enough water during a season, and put a pregnancy on pause for 2 years? How does that happen?

    How does a joey, newborn, know NOT to use its huge hind legs to get up in the sack, going too far and using them too much, too awkwardly to slide in? How does that just happen?

    x a million

    We have blue whales today because the first moment it was in the ocean, the sperm of the 1st was protected correctly from the temperature of the ocean, by correctly routed heating capillaries around its testicles.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  4. #244
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,484
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 53 Times in 45 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    32429
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    Example...
    Our heart beats 100,000 times a day.
    Our body has about 2500 KM of blood vessels. Can you imagine?
    The heart sends oxygen and nutrients through all those blood vessels to our extremities .... and at the same time is removing waste products such as carbon dioxide.
    There are some amazing engineering feats happening
    1. There are actually two circuits of blood vessels.
    a) The first circuit of blood vessels takes blood from the body to the lungs, so oxygen can be added, and carbon dioxide removed.
    b) The second circuit takes the oxygen rich blood out to all your body parts.
    But how does one heart pump in 2 different directions? This is accomplished because our hearts basically is two pumps within one. <b>It is very cool how this happens in the womb</b>, but basically there is a tube that gets kinked forming two compartments that end up functioning as two separate pumps.
    2. Why doesn't the friction of a beating heart cause it to over heat? The heart is inside a 2 layered sac, the pericardium. The outer sac attaches to our diaphragm...the inner sac attaches to the heart. Inside this two layered sac is a special lubricant. Without that lubricant our heart would overheat... and we would die.
    3. This is so cool..... Our hearts all have a built in pacemaker. Our heart is run by a different type of system than the rest of our body. We become tired and stop... Our senses can get tired or overwhelmed and function less efficiently (for example a putrid smell seems less offensive after a few minutes). Our hearts are not allowed that luxury though of resting. on the upper right hand side of our hearts is a cluster of cells. These cells send an electrical impulse down through the heart, stimulating the muscle. That impulse them reaches a cluster of cells at the bottom of the heart causing it to trigger a impulse upwards... (your heart has just beat once... 99,999 more times in the next 24 hours)
    What I think is cool about that system, is it basically operates independently from the brain. However... the brain can overide that 'cruise control'. For example during rigorous exercise you need more blood pumping... more adrenaline etc, The brain then directly controls the heart rate.
    What an amazing system!
    Indeed it is an amazing system, and of course it contains far more complexity than can be described in a few paragraphs, or indeed entire medical textbooks on the circulatory system.

    What an amazing God!
    You are also claiming this? On what basis?

    Stuart

  5. #245
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,484
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 53 Times in 45 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    32429
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    Yes!!!
    But, even if we look at a 'simple' organism... One of the simplest known...It does not contain trillions of cells, but it does contain complexity and sophistication beyond what could ever happen by chance, except in fairy tales. scientists decided to model the genome of one of the simplest microbes. It turns out though, that the genome is anything but simple. There are many biological robots working within the cell of every known organism. Take a look at the simplified drawing on this site, giving us a slight glimpse at the complexity and organization.
    http://www.theatlantic.com/technolog...puters/260198/
    In order to just PARTIALLY simulate this bacteria..."It took a cluster of 128 computers running for 9 to 10 hours to actually generate the data on the 25 categories of molecules that are involved in the cell's lifecycle processes."
    The article goes on to say.... "On the other hand, the depth and breadth of cellular complexity has turned out to be nearly unbelievable...."
    Nearly unbelievable... except to those who believe that our God is a God of wonders.
    Well, I think this is an improvement for you, 6days. You have made a model that sets a minimum computing power for your god. You god must have more than the power of '128 computers running for 9 to 10 hours'. Of course, your god could have less computing power if it took longer to work everything out.

    "...a God of wonders" is not a technology term with which I am familiar.

    Stuart

  6. #246
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    11,914
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 630 Times in 561 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    183868
    I came across a completely new (to me) objection to evolution this week in the realm of mutations. I hadn't realized that the claim of uniformitarians was that mutation was actually 'intelligent' and helpful to a species. If previous descriptions of adaption meant mutation, then I guess I missed that paragraph; please correct me. However, the essay was saying that mutation as science defines it are actually the useless features that can happen occasionally like albinism.

    Does evolution have a lot invested in mutations improving species?
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  7. #247
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 481 Times in 331 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    204472
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    I came across a completely new (to me) objection to evolution this week in the realm of mutations. I hadn't realized that the claim of uniformitarians was that mutation was actually 'intelligent' and helpful to a species. If previous descriptions of adaption meant mutation, then I guess I missed that paragraph; please correct me. However, the essay was saying that mutation as science defines it are actually the useless features that can happen occasionally like albinism.

    Does evolution have a lot invested in mutations improving species?
    Where did you find this "completely new objection"? Citation please.

  8. #248
    TOL Subscriber
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    near Olympic National Park
    Posts
    11,914
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 630 Times in 561 Posts

    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    183868
    Just search Answers Research Journal.




    Will China become anti-evolutionary?
    Today's SSS program was 20 minutes on the 6000sk subterranean rapid deposit in China that is being unearthed that is crammed with hundreds of kinds of dinosaurs and therapods (those which are similar to birds) along with virtually modern creatures. While I only heard the concluding minutes, there were two main thrusts: 1, that the deposit is sedimentary slurry trapping many creatures thought to be millions old, preserved well enough to study internal organs and stomach contents. The find supports massive catastrophic slurry. 2, that the time system of conventional evolution will be found to be extremely flawed. By 'kinds' of creatures, he didn't mean individual examples, which are probably in the millions, but species.
    All Lives Matter --Marcus Sanford, youtube.com

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Interplanner For Your Post:

    6days (September 14th, 2017)

  10. #249
    Silver Member 6days's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    4,969
    Thanks
    760
    Thanked 2,303 Times in 1,484 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    949383
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuu View Post
    You are also claiming (amazing God)? On what basis?

    Stuart
    Hey Stuu
    My belief in our amazing God is based on evidence and personal experience.
    Without Genesis, absolutely nothing makes sense in all of Scripture.

  11. #250
    Over 1500 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    By the sea
    Posts
    1,991
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 481 Times in 331 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    204472
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    Just search Answers Research Journal.




    Will China become anti-evolutionary?
    Today's SSS program was 20 minutes on the 6000sk subterranean rapid deposit in China that is being unearthed that is crammed with hundreds of kinds of dinosaurs and therapods (those which are similar to birds) along with virtually modern creatures. While I only heard the concluding minutes, there were two main thrusts: 1, that the deposit is sedimentary slurry trapping many creatures thought to be millions old, preserved well enough to study internal organs and stomach contents. The find supports massive catastrophic slurry. 2, that the time system of conventional evolution will be found to be extremely flawed. By 'kinds' of creatures, he didn't mean individual examples, which are probably in the millions, but species.
    Answers Research Journal is a 3 word oxymoron

  12. #251
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,484
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 53 Times in 45 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    32429
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    Hey Stuu
    My belief in our amazing God is based on evidence and personal experience.
    I'm sure it is. But you seem to want to be convincing.

    I wouldn't expect you to be convinced by my personal experience. Is your evidence unambiguous? Does it disprove the actions of other gods?

    Stuart

  13. #252
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,484
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 53 Times in 45 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    32429
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The find supports massive catastrophic slurry.
    What is 'Massive catastrophic slurry'?

    Stuart

  14. #253
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    26,900
    Thanks
    11,590
    Thanked 13,561 Times in 10,916 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147787
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuu View Post
    I'm sure it is. But you seem to want to be convincing.

    I wouldn't expect you to be convinced by my personal experience. Is your evidence unambiguous? Does it disprove the actions of other gods?

    Stuart
    Yes. The evidence is irrefutable, and the Bible tells us there is only One God.

    http://www.icr.org/biblical-record
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  15. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    6days (September 15th, 2017)

  16. #254
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,484
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 53 Times in 45 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    32429
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Yes. The evidence is irrefutable, and the Bible tells us there is only One God.

    http://www.icr.org/biblical-record
    And which god did all that, and how does 'the evidence' show it was that god?

    Stuart

  17. #255
    Over 1000 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,484
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 53 Times in 45 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    32429
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Yes. The evidence is irrefutable, and the Bible tells us there is only One God.

    http://www.icr.org/biblical-record
    And how does that show unambiguously there was a god involved, and if there was then which god did it, and how does 'the evidence' show it was that particular god?

    Stuart

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us