Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,174 Posts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    No, no, no. I asked for evidence. Not silly references to Walt Brown
    Or maybe you're just too stubborn or lazy to consider the evidence he has provided for people like yourself.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

6days (Yesterday),patrick jane (Yesterday)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Mind1Spirit View Post
    Ever heard of rogue waves?

They are now confirmed real with absolutely no way to explain them nor predict their occurrences.

What else yuh got?
    Rogue waves follow the usual laws of physics. They are unpredictable not because they follow their own rules but because their are very many sources of waves in the sea which interact.

Should I claim that Brown's Hydroplate theory is bunk because it doesn't explain rogue waves? You should try to come up with something that Brown predicted quantitatively that scientists didn't. That'd be something.
    Last edited by gcthomas; Today at 03:54 AM.
    We wunt be druv.

Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6days View Post
    Post 313 Jonahdog "...Darwin was wrong? Really?"

I provided one quote saying Darwin was wrong... the cause was a glacial lake. The time frame question is a dodge... rather than just admitting that this was one more thing Darwin was wrong about.
    "During the final stages of the Ice Age, the Patagonian Ice Cap covered most of the Andes and at the end of the Ice Age, meltwater accumulated in lakes under the ice and at the edge of the ice cap. A much larger Lago Argentino formed, probably dammed towards the east by massive moraines and ice. When the dam breached, a first burst cut a more shallow channel over 30 km (20 miles) wide—the uppermost step. Then a second, deeper and narrower channel was cut which reached the basalt layer, undermining and eventually cutting it. The flow diminished until a river roughly the size of the present one remained." https://creation.com/darwins-mistake...nta-cruz-river
    Still no response to when that ice age was? figures.

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Or maybe you're just too stubborn or lazy to consider the evidence he has provided for people like yourself.
    See post #337, I'm struggling with the math to understand his claim concerning energy release. Until someone shows me my math is way off (certainly possible but should be easy to show by someone with more current math skills) his "evidence" is not helpful.
    Run the numbers.

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See post #337, I'm struggling with the math to understand his claim concerning energy release. Until someone shows me my math is way off (certainly possible but should be easy to show by someone with more current math skills) his "evidence" is not helpful.
    Run the numbers.
    Judge Rightly or anyone else. Please feel free to check my math.
    the mid-ocean ridge is 40,000 miles long.
    The mid-oceanic ridge's total length is about 49,700 miles.

Brown claims that the energy of 5,000 trillion hydrogen bombs was released (note 3 p 611)
    Actually, more like 30 trillion hydrogen bombs (and not 5 quadrillion).

The Hydroplate Theory

If this has been updated since that video was published (2013), please provide a reference.

How many H-bomb/mile
    5.0x10^15 / 4.0x10^4 = 1.25x10^11 h-bombs worth of H-bomb energy per mile of the mid ocean ridge
    So:
    (30,000,000,000,000 / 49,700) = 603,621,730.382 h-bombs of energy per mile

How many H-bomb/foot
    1.25x10^11 / 5.280x10^3 = 2.3x10^7--- 23,000,000 H-bombs/foot.
    (603,621,730.382 h-bombs/mi) / (5280ft/mi) = 114,322.297421 h-bombs/ft

Can that be correct? Been a long time since I dealt with big #s and scientific notation. Someone please check.

If I am close to correct, is no one concerned about the heat?
    All that energy is the source (as far as I can tell from what I've read of his book and from other materials, and I could be wrong) of Magma, piezoelectricity, and radioactivity, not to mention most of that energy was used to launch material into and above the atmosphere, as well as into orbit around not only earth, but around Sol as well.

Over 4000 post club 1Mind1Spirit's Avatar
    Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcthomas View Post
    Rogue waves follow the usual laws of physics. They are unpredictable not because they follow their own rules but because their are very many sources of waves in the sea which interact.
    Way to go.

You just came to an observational conclusion with no mathematical way to back it up.

Should I claim that Brown's Hydroplate theory is bunk because it doesn't explain rogue waves? You should try to come up with something that Brown predicted quantitatively that scientists didn't. That'd be something.
    Answering this would equate to picking on the mentally challenged.

Thanks

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still no response to when that ice age was? figures.
    Did you not bother to read the 4 pages that I gave you?

The Flood was approximately 3290 ± 100 BC based on both scientific and Biblical dating methods.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Way to go.

You just came to an observational conclusion with no mathematical way to back it up.
    The physics of waves is thoroughly a solved issue. Backtracking observations of actual specific waves to untangle the multitudinous causes and interactions is complex and probably chaotic. Do you understand that concept? Your comment suggests it just went over your head.

Answering this would equate to picking on the mentally challenged.
    "I know the answer but I'm not going to tell you" is not a very impressive tactic when you don't actually know the answer. It sounds more like a playground taunt. Well done you.

I guess from your content free post that you don't know of any Brown theories that can produce quantitative predictions (and I don't mean the 'plucked out of thin air hopeful guesstimates, but calculated figures based on known measurements and formulae based on physical principles.)

C'mon, ante up. What has he produce along these scientific lines?
    We wunt be druv.

Self appointed representative of the reality based community. [Send complaints to /dev/null.]

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Did you not bother to read the 4 pages that I gave you?

The Flood was approximately 3290 ± 100 BC based on both scientific and Biblical dating methods.
    From Answers in Genesis, here https://answersingenesis.org/the-flo...roplate-model/

Can One Astronomically Date the Flood within the Hydroplate Model?
    by Dr. Danny R. Faulkner on April 1, 2015
    PDF Download
    Share:
    Abstract
    I analyze Walt Brown’s determination of the date of the Flood within his hydroplate model using the orbits of two comets. Brown’s result is an unwarranted extrapolation of data gleaned from the literature. The uncertainty in the data expressed by the authors of that data show that Brown’s result is unjustified, and hence Brown’s statistical analysis is meaningless. The results of this determination of the date of the Flood highly depend upon the assumed ephemerides of the two comets. There is a considerable uncertainty in those ephemerides when extrapolated so far into the past, so this method to establish the date of the Flood is not possible.

Seems like the alleged "science" won't even convince a lot of YECs.

And the ephemerides of one of the two comets he used (why not more? seems cherry picked to me) came with this health warning from the astronomers:
    Without constraints from early observations, a continuation of the integration backwards for any substantial length of time has relatively little value. For the present investigation, we have continued optimistically until the return of 703 BC. The close approach to Jupiter of 1.72 au on 323 BC April 10, and a subsequent close approach to the Earth of 0.247 au on 447 BC July 1, might have perturbed the motion of Comet Swift-Tuttle to such an extent that its orbit becomes unreliable beyond 447 BC. (Yau, Yeomans, and Weissman 1994, p. 314)

Not a good way to find the date of the flood, huh?
    We wunt be druv.

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The physics of waves is thoroughly a solved issue. Backtracking observations of actual specific waves to untangle the multitudinous causes and interactions is complex and probably chaotic. Do you understand that concept? Your comment suggests it just went over your head.

"I know the answer but I'm not going to tell you" is not a very impressive tactic when you don't actually know the answer. It sounds more like a playground taunt. Well done you.

I guess from your content free post that you don't know of any Brown theories that can produce quantitative predictions (and I don't mean the 'plucked out of thin air hopeful guesstimates, but calculated figures based on known measurements and formulae based on physical principles.)

C'mon, ante up. What has he produce along these scientific lines?

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Have you been reading Stripe's posts? He doesn't post any actual content either.
    We wunt be druv.

Thanks

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the confirmation.

Have you been reading Stripe's posts? He doesn't post any actual content either.
    Naw.

I just found it funny you told me to ante up, being the hand's over and you're outta chips.

Thread Information