User Tag List

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 243132333435 LastLast

Thread: Christian Ministers to Use 'Magic Mushrooms' for 'Religious Experience' for A Study

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let the dead bury their dead Luke 9:60.

In the seventh chapter of Romans St. Paul speaks in such clear fashion of theological sin and death as to leave no room for argument as to what he connotes by his use of the terms thus so closely linked. By incarnation we came under the Law, begins the Apostle. Under the Law we developed sin, which was our violation of law while we were yet ignorant children (as expounded further in Galatians iv.) Then by sin came death. The whole sequence is the "cycle of necessity", as Greek philosophy called it, or the periodical descent of soul into the lower worlds for its cycles of experience, which bring it "under the law", give it the consciousness of good and evil, or the sense of "sin", and subject it to a bondage to the flesh. As pre-human animals we lived without Law, says Paul. Hear his words: "I lived at one time without Law myself, but when 19 the command came home to me, sin sprang to life, and I died; the command that meant life proved death to me. The command gave an impulse to sin, sin beguiled me and used the command to kill me. . . . Sin resulted in death for me by making use of this good thing. The interests of the flesh meant death. . . ." Here are words of unmistakable meaning: the command that meant life to us proved to be, theologically, our death. Had scholarís known Paulís background of Greek philosophy, they would have known that he was discoursing on death as the incarnation of the soul in mortal body. The Law (appropriately spelled by Moffatt with a capital L) here spoken of, which is so large a feature in Paulís theology, and which has been so crassly misunderstood by interpreters in Christendom, is that great ordinance of Nature which requires every form of unfolding life to be buried periodically in the soil of the kingdom below it, take root there, and out of a union with its elements, bring to birth the new generation of its own life. It is the Great Breath of Brahm, ceaselessly repeated. Cosmically it is the birth and death of universes; for man it is his continuing rebirth in human form till perfection or godhead is attained. The language of St. Paul in speaking of it, perhaps mutilated by hostile Christian copyists, must ever remain mystifying until for "death" one reads "incarnation". Alvin Boyd Kuhn
    Trying to awaken the divine principle in the belly of the fish.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeke For Your Post:

freelight (August 8th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    Why did you answer none of my questions to you?
    Because you're not Jesus, and nor, do you speak for Him. He has already organized an earthly organ to communicate to us all, in all languages, precisely what He'd like us to know from Him, as King of the Universe, as Pantocrator; the Risen and Ascended Lord and Christ, Psalm 110:1 (KJV).

What He'd like us all to know, is found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

"I think that's pretty good, considering, Julian."
    "No, it's not good."
    "I'm trying my best here!"
    "Well fine. But it's not really that good."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,170 Times in 920 Posts

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    Because you're not Jesus, and nor, do you speak for Him. He has already organized an earthly organ to communicate to us all, in all languages, precisely what He'd like us to know from Him, as King of the Universe, as Pantocrator; the Risen and Ascended Lord and Christ, Psalm 110:1 (KJV).

What He'd like us all to know, is found in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to daqq For Your Post:

freelight (August 8th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:Plain

:rolleyes

THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

"No, it's not good."

Thanks

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

:rolleyes

This thread now stinks to all filthy hell, (literally, filthy hell spewing out, and stinking mushrooms, lol), I'm out.

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet you still post. Thanks?

"No, it's not good."

Thanks

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yet you still post. Thanks?

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So thanks?

"No, it's not good."

Thanks
    Thanked 1,613 Times in 1,142 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Enjoy the ride.......

Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    Be gone plebeian, commoner and unwashed Dispy!

Poor Epoisses,....someone gave you the wrong kind of mushrooms,....come to the cosmic cafe and get the 'real stuff'

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thats what they would have you believe

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    Poor Epoisses,....someone gave you the wrong kind of mushrooms,....come to the cosmic cafe and get the 'real stuff'

Is the cosmic cafť in Colorado?

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did you answer none of my questions to you?

Quote Originally Posted by freelight View Post
    Thats what they would have you believe
    Maybe, because it's the truth. It's gotta be 'round here somewhere.

"No, it's not good."

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found a crop of magic mushrooms on the Black Mountain yesterday.

http://www.breconbeacons.org/black-mountain-range
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    I found a crop of magic mushrooms on the Black Mountain yesterday.

http://www.breconbeacons.org/black-mountain-range
    DELETED

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face The stunning truth........

Maybe, because it's the truth. It's gotta be 'round here somewhere.
    Your belief that the RCC is some kind of special or sole custodian of truth is opined only by those who have chosen to believe that assumption....and it is wholly by faith. I would posit truth is a living principle or reality at the heart of nature, that reality sustaining existence and all factors that condition existence per one's own experience of it, because it is nature and her ways, - such includes all innate and universal laws which govern its movements.

Therefore I propose a study in ancient wisdom teachings, perennial philosophy, theosophy or some school of occult knowledge, because such deals with fundamental propositions. It is one's aim to unite with the spirit of truth itself, espouse a true and living principle of religion, and by wisdom....live that out in daily practice and meditation. If a religious organization can serve as a facilitator of true teachings, principles and values....it will have its own worth in service.

Understanding this does not include the dogmatic belief that only one religious organization is sanctioned by God, let alone founded by a man named Jesus.

Finally my former observation on the usefulness of the research of the affect of mushrooms on the mind affecting religious experience holds, since the use of natural 'drugs' have been employed for religious purposes for centuries among different cultures. Demonizing it outright seems premature if not presumptuous, beyond any intelligent or reasonable use of it or any natural substance for that matter.

On another level, if mushrooms serve as a metaphor for some altered state of mind, gateway to euphoria, or enlightenment...whatever its effects,....the 'God' you assume or worship could be a 'mushroom' depending on how you use such a 'god'....Jesus too could be a 'magic mushroom' for the mind. So before religionists start casting judgments at natural or scientific studies, maybe a good look at their own shrooms of religious consumption could be re-evaluated for being 'mind-candy', 'druggery', illusion or just wishful thinking, insurance sold thru ignorance, fear or want of comfort in the face of the unknown or unknowable.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to freelight For Your Post:

Zeke (September 1st, 2017)

Thread Information