0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrysostom View Post
    most bibles say we calculate 666
    Yes, that works also.
    5585 ψηφίζω psephizo
    Meaning: 1) to count with pebbles, to compute, calculate,

My strongest argument is in the scriptural method for solving riddles, Samson's was cited, double entendre is what should be looked for.

But also there is a text which clearly advocates the study of Scripture to solve scriptural riddles:

6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
    7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Prov. 1:6-7 KJV)
    http://endtimenews.net/

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deborah View Post
    Numerology meaning the significance of numbers ?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL
    Numerology has to do with mysticism.

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    Did Adonikam visit six hundred and sixty six places?

No, he didn't so you're stupid and will just wrest the scriptures every chance you get.
    I never said that Adinokam visited 666 places. Nor do the verses. And that is exactly the point. Read the entire chapter. Ezra 2. here are some verses:

The children of Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
    The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six.
    The children of Bethlehem, an hundred twenty and three.
    The men of Anathoth, an hundred twenty and eight.

Elam, Bethlehem, and Anathoth are names of places. I am quite certain that a smart learned man like you will immediately recognize the last two from the Bible.

It lists how many people came from each place. Not how many places they visit. The verse doesn't say anything at all like that.

It would be a good idea to actually read the verses, understand what they say, and afterwards think before you write. When you are done- consider apologizing. There is no need to call other people stupid just because you disagree with them. Even if you are clearly wrong.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 916 Posts

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LetsObeyChrist View Post
    Yes, that works also.
    5585 ψηφίζω psephizo
    Meaning: 1) to count with pebbles, to compute, calculate,

My strongest argument is in the scriptural method for solving riddles, Samson's was cited, double entendre is what should be looked for.

But also there is a text which clearly advocates the study of Scripture to solve scriptural riddles:

6 To understand a proverb, and the interpretation; the words of the wise, and their dark sayings.
    7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction. (Prov. 1:6-7 KJV)
    The "reason for the riddle" is that the author of the Apocalypse is a Kohen, and understands the passages which are written concerning the Kohanim, and thus, one of few who even has the right to speak or write such things.

Luke 3:2 W/H
    2 επι αρχιερεως
    αννα και καιαφα εγενετο ρημα θεου επι ιωαννην τον ζαχαριου υιον εν τη ερημω

Luke 3:2 ASV
    2 in the high-priesthood of
    Annas and Caiaphas, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

αννα και καιαφα ― Luke 3:2 ― Gematria 666
    Two horns like a lamb and speaks like a dragon, (Revelation 13:11).

Ezekiel 28:14-16
    14 You are the
    anointed Cherub [כרוב ממשח - Gematria 616] that covers; and I have set you so: you were upon the holy mountain of Elohim; you have walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire [the Ephod breastplate and the two shoulder stones - LXX contains all fourteen stones of fire and the gold].
    15 You were perfect in your ways from the day that you were created, until iniquity was found in you.
    16 By the multitude of your merchandise they have filled the midst of you with violence, and you have sinned: therefore I will cast you as profane out of the mountain of Elohim: and I will destroy you, O
    covering Cherub, [כרוב הסכך - Gematria 333] from the midst of the stones of fire.

John 19:15 W/H
    15 εκραυγασαν ουν εκεινοι αρον αρον σταυρωσον αυτον λεγει αυτοις ο πιλατος τον βασιλεα υμων σταυρωσω απεκριθησαν οι αρχιερεις ουκ εχομεν βασιλεα ει μη
    καισαρα

John 19:15 ASV
    15 They therefore cried out, Away with him, away with him, crucify him! Pilate saith unto them, Shall I crucify your King? The chief priests answered, We have no king but
    Caesar.

The only currency allowable for use in the Herod Temple was the Tyrian Shekel:
    Shekel of TyreTryian Shekel (Melqart Baal) ― Prince & King of Tyre (Ezekiel 28).

But the chief Kohanim joined themselves unto Caesar when they cried:
    "We have no king but Caesar", (John 19:15).

כרוב הסכך (kərūḇ has-sōḵÍḵ) ― Ezekiel 28:16 ― Gematria 333
    καισαρα (Caesar) ― John 19:15 ― Gematria 333

כרוב הסכך (Cherub of the covering) + καισαρα (Caesar) = Gematria 666

But of course if you, like most literalist futurists, insist that the authorship of the Apocalypse must be dated late first century, (generally circa 95-96AD is the time frame proposed), then your paradigm master will not allow you to see these things because they do not comply with your self-imposed prerequisites.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    I never said that Adinokam visited 666 places. Nor do the verses. And that is exactly the point. Read the entire chapter. Ezra 2. here are some verses:

The children of Elam, a thousand two hundred fifty and four.
    The children of Adonikam, six hundred sixty and six.
    The children of Bethlehem, an hundred twenty and three.
    The men of Anathoth, an hundred twenty and eight.

Elam, Bethlehem, and Anathoth are names of places. I am quite certain that a smart learned man like you will immediately recognize the last two from the Bible.

It lists how many people came from each place. Not how many places they visit. The verse doesn't say anything at all like that.

It would be a good idea to actually read the verses, understand what they say, and afterwards think before you write. When you are done- consider apologizing. There is no need to call other people stupid just because you disagree with them. Even if you are clearly wrong.
    Now these are the children of the province that went up out of the captivity, of those which had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away unto Babylon, and came again unto Jerusalem and Judah, every one unto his city; Which came with Zerubbabel: Jeshua, Nehemiah, Seraiaha, Reelaiah, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispar, Bigvai, Rehum, Baanah. The number of the men of the people of Israel: Ezra 2:1-2

OK Chair lets take this back to a kindergarten level.

Was Zerubabbel a Place? or Joshua? or Nehemiah or Mordecai?

All the numbers of each descendent are listed in vs. 2-60 and then in vs. 64 the number of the whole congregation is listed at 42,360.

They are not places, Chair. They are the actual names of real descendants not places. Why am I even conversing with a sorcerer like you. Your spells don't work on me.

Thanks

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now these are the children of the province that went up out of the captivity, of those which had been carried away, whom Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon had carried away unto Babylon, and came again unto Jerusalem and Judah, every one unto his city; Which came with Zerubbabel: Jeshua, Nehemiah, Seraiaha, Reelaiah, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispar, Bigvai, Rehum, Baanah. The number of the men of the people of Israel: Ezra 2:1-2

All the numbers of each descendent are listed in vs. 2-60 and then in vs. 64 the number of the whole congregation is listed at 42,360.

They are not places, Chair. They are the actual names of real descendants not places. Why am I even conversing with a sorcerer like you. Your spells don't work on me.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most historians won't go near the year 666
    -but-
    in my blog I show that it was that year when islam first attacked constantinople
    a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The introduction mentions people. The list is that of places. Have you read the list? Even today some of these places are easily recognized:

Ater of Hezekiah
    Bethlehem
    Netophah
    Anathoth
    Kirjatharim, Chephirah, and Beeroth
    Ramah and Gaba
    Michmas
    Bethel and Ai
    Jericho

The end of the chapter could be dealing with families- priests, singers, Levites.

Now please put your insult gun on safety, and try again.

Thanks

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The end of the chapter could be dealing with families- priests, singers, Levites.
    There is a way to count 42 cities up to the Levites, (up to v.40).

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The introduction mentions people. The list is that of places. Have you read the list? Even today some of these places are easily recognized:

Ater of Hezekiah
    Bethlehem
    Netophah
    Anathoth
    Kirjatharim, Chephirah, and Beeroth
    Ramah and Gaba
    Michmas
    Bethel and Ai
    Jericho

Now please put your insult gun on safety, and try again.
    Ok Chair you want to cherry pick names from the list I can do that to:

Shephatiah - a name of one of David's sons
    Bani - the name of one of david's mighty men and several levites
    Azgad - listed in Nehemiah among those who were sealed
    Bigvai - listed in Nehemiah 10 as one who was sealed
    Adin - listed in Nehemiah 10 with those who were sealed
    Ater of Hezekiah - listed in Nehemiah 10 with the sealed
    Bezai - listed in Nehemiah 10 with the sealed
    Hashum - listed in Nehemiah 10 with the sealed priests
    Azmaveth - one of David's mighty men, descendant of Jonathan
    Harim - listed in Neh. 10 and 12 of the sealed priests
    Jedaiah - a Levite priest

Many of these names are repeated in Nehemiah 10 with the sealed priests, are they places?

If a place has sons and daughters are they townhouses or condos?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by daqq View Post
    You're just a wizard in training. Remember if you play with Jewish magic you eventually get burned.

Over 2500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ok Chair you want to cherry pick names from the list I can do that to:

Shephatiah - a name of one of David's sons
    Bani - the name of one of david's mighty men and several levites
    Azgad - listed in Nehemiah among those who were sealed
    Bigvai - listed in Nehemiah 10 as one who was sealed
    Adin - listed in Nehemiah 10 with those who were sealed
    Ater of Hezekiah - listed in Nehemiah 10 with the sealed
    Bezai - listed in Nehemiah 10 with the sealed
    Hashum - listed in Nehemiah 10 with the sealed priests
    Azmaveth - one of David's mighty men, descendant of Jonathan
    Harim - listed in Neh. 10 and 12 of the sealed priests
    Jedaiah - a Levite priest

Many of these names are repeated in Nehemiah 10 with the sealed priests, are they places?

If a place has sons and daughters are they townhouses or condos?
    If you take a look at Nehemiah 7, you will see a similar list. It seems that these people represented their communities. It has to do with punctuation:

Ater-Hizkijah, Azzur, i.e. Azur is the representative of the place called Ater-Hizkiijah
    likewise:
    Hariph-Anathoth, Nebai
    and so on

By the way, I am not making up punctuation here. I am following the traditional Massoretic way of reading the text. English punctuation doesn't have as many fine distinctions.

Still, you raise an interesting point. It seems that some places were named after families- or maybe the other way around. So how can one sort it out?

Let's look at Ezra 2 again. Who would have 2,056 children? A man? A family? A city?

More interesting is this verse:
    25 The children of Kirjatharim, Chephirah, and Beeroth, seven hundred and forty and three.
    Why are these lumped together? If they are neighboring cities it makes sense. Likewise for Ramah and Gaba.

I think part of the difficulty here is in understanding how the term "son" or "sons" is used in Hebrew. It is used much more flexibly in Hebrew than in English. To take an example that is related to your last comment, one can speak of "Jerusalem and its daughters" to mean Jerusalem and associated towns. See Joshua 17:11 for similar examples.

I will point out that I don't care one way or the other about "666". I do care about understanding verses.

Thanks

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're just a wizard in training. Remember if you play with Jewish magic you eventually get burned.
    Yes, of course, anyone who has an inkling of an understanding of what they read, and says or quotes anything that does not agree with you or your doctrine, is surely a wizard playing with fire and practicing magic. Did you wake up in the 1200's or somewhere thereabouts?

Thanks

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my gosh, this thread has just had 666 views!
    Run for your life, Epishesh, so you don't get tainted with eveel !!!!!! !!!!!! !!!!!!

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If you take a look at Nehemiah 7, you will see a similar list. It seems that these people represented their communities. It has to do with punctuation:

Ater-Hizkijah, Azzur, i.e. Azur is the representative of the place called Ater-Hizkiijah
    likewise:
    Hariph-Anathoth, Nebai
    and so on

By the way, I am not making up punctuation here. I am following the traditional Massoretic way of reading the text. English punctuation doesn't have as many fine distinctions.

Still, you raise an interesting point. It seems that some places were named after families- or maybe the other way around. So how can one sort it out?

Let's look at Ezra 2 again. Who would have 2,056 children? A man? A family? A city?

More interesting is this verse:
    25 The children of Kirjatharim, Chephirah, and Beeroth, seven hundred and forty and three.
    Why are these lumped together? If they are neighboring cities it makes sense. Likewise for Ramah and Gaba.

I think part of the difficulty here is in understanding how the term "son" or "sons" is used in Hebrew. It is used much more flexibly in Hebrew than in English. To take an example that is related to your last comment, one can speak of "Jerusalem and its daughters" to mean Jerusalem and associated towns. See Joshua 17:11 for similar examples.

I will point out that I don't care one way or the other about "666". I do care about understanding verses.
    Oh, that sounds like somewhat of an agreement! Is the city of David a place or a person? Also Elam is listed in Nehemiah 10 with the sealed priests.

Thread Information