Over 4000 post club glassjester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,278 Times in 1,004 Posts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    I'll see if I've added you to my thread about cradlers. Gt is a cradler, so you know, as is AMR, again so you know. AMR says they are/were a Jesuit, like the Pope.
    I am unaware of that thread.
    Your "catholic" is showing. - Sozo

Thanks
    Thanked 1,189 Times in 963 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    Yes, I know!

I don't eat it. I don't eat processed food much at all.
    I have no problem using process cheese in a recipe I'm making, but I don't eat it plain. Unless string cheese is process cheese, in which case, sometimes I do eat process cheese plain. I eat cheddars of various types plain, but those aren't process cheese, those are cheese; not cheese food, quote-unquote. I do love process cheese on cheeseburgers and in omelets though, I must confess.
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

Trevor: "I know how to drive, man."
    Ricky: "You also know how to be stupid."

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There you go again.
    I very well may be.
    Does it please you to point it out?
    Does it please you to act like a robot? Why don't you just let go? Or is there nothing to let go? Are you one of those? You're one of those.
    Got it. So eating too many calories wouldn't qualify as overeating? Why not?
    Maybe it does. You quoted the entire extent of the Catholic Church's magisterium's infallible teaching on this moral matter of gluttony. Why don't we even have the Church's definition of the sin? It's listed with a number of other sins that have texts and even pages devoted to them and to their description and explanation, why is what you've already quoted the full extent of the Church's treatment of the moral matter of gluttony? A mere name-drop? That's it?

Maybe it's so not-grave it's actually not worth defining anymore? What could have changed? Maybe the world is so different today than in centuries past, that in most countries, the sin of gluttony isn't even possible anymore? I don't know, I'm only speculating, as to why the extent of the Catholic Church's treatment on the moral matter of gluttony, is a single name-drop in a single Text, dealing with the seven "capital sins."
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no problem using process cheese in a recipe I'm making, but I don't eat it plain. Unless string cheese is process cheese, in which case, sometimes I do eat process cheese plain. I eat cheddars of various types plain, but those aren't process cheese, those are cheese; not cheese food, quote-unquote. I do love process cheese on cheeseburgers and in omelets though, I must confess.
    Nihilo, I will be going to sleep now. I would like to learn more from you about why eating too many calories is not a gluttonous activity. Perhaps then I will become less of an imbecile and a dullard.

Tomorrow, maybe.

Happy Independence Day!
    And lay off the name-calling. It's childish.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to glassjester For Your Post:

Rusha (October 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nihilo, I will be going to sleep now. I would like to learn more from you about why eating too many calories is not a gluttonous activity. Perhaps then I will become less of an imbecile and a dullard.

Tomorrow, maybe.

Happy Independence Day!
    I know, right?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,173 Times in 6,336 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eating too frequently is not possible? Why not?
    Meal frequency is a big problem in America. Fasting is not nearly long enough through out the day. My evidence? 'Murica.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

glassjester (October 10th, 2017),Tambora (October 1st, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When people put themselves into starvation mode, by not regularly eating throughout the day more frequently; when they do eat, they feast and gorge themselves, so that they can add extra calories, for later, because apparently food is scarce.
    Your science is incorrect. It isn't your fault, you were just fed lies. Skipping lunch does not put the body in "starvation mode". Martin uses 4 letter words when he doesn't need to use the. So keep that in mind when you go to the site.

I have no real comment about will power save for this. People don't have it. They are called addicts. They are addicted to something because they cannot control themselves or their lives. Food is the same way. Don't go in Golden Corral, and you don't have to worry about gluttony in their restaurant.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

musterion (July 4th, 2017),Tambora (October 1st, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys know there is a weight loss/fitness thread, right? Delmar started. Weekly weigh in, is what he called it.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

Tambora (October 1st, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,198 Times in 2,006 Posts

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it please you to act like a robot? Why don't you just let go? Or is there nothing to let go? Are you one of those? You're one of those.
    Maybe it does. You quoted the entire extent of the Catholic Church's magisterium's infallible teaching on this moral matter of gluttony. Why don't we even have the Church's definition of the sin? It's listed with a number of other sins that have texts and even pages devoted to them and to their description and explanation, why is what you've already quoted the full extent of the Church's treatment of the moral matter of gluttony? A mere name-drop? That's it?

Maybe it's so not-grave it's actually not worth defining anymore? What could have changed? Maybe the world is so different today than in centuries past, that in most countries, the sin of gluttony isn't even possible anymore? I don't know, I'm only speculating, as to why the extent of the Catholic Church's treatment on the moral matter of gluttony, is a single name-drop in a single Text, dealing with the seven "capital sins."
    Good points. It is wrong to overeat, but for the overweight priests to preach such a thing would be hypocritical. No? They would surely insult too many and lose parishioners.
    Oh how I love the Word of God!
    Do not just read the word do it.

Thanks
    Thanked 18,458 Times in 11,626 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is one? What percentage of people have it?

And... if they don't take in much, much more energy than they use... where does the extra weight come from?
    There are medical and genetic issues that can cause a severe drop in metabolism, which causes weight gain without a person overeating. Also some medications cause it.

Genetic syndromes

Several genetic syndromes are associated with overweight and obesity, including the following.

Prader-Willi syndrome
    Bardet-Biedl syndrome
    Alström syndrome
    Cohen syndrome

The study of these genetic syndromes has helped researchers understand obesity.
    Endocrine disorders

Because the endocrine system produces hormones that help maintain energy balances in the body, the following endocrine disorders or tumors affecting the endocrine system can cause overweight and obesity.

Hypothyroidism. People with this condition have low levels of thyroid hormones. These low levels are associated with decreased metabolism and weight gain, even when food intake is reduced. People with hypothyroidism also produce less body heat, have a lower body temperature, and do not efficiently use stored fat for energy.
    Cushing’s syndrome. People with this condition have high levels of glucocorticoids, such as cortisol, in the blood. High cortisol levels make the body feel like it is under chronic stress. As a result, people have an increase in appetite and the body will store more fat. Cushing’s syndrome may develop after taking certain medicines or because the body naturally makes too much cortisol.
    Tumors. Some tumors, such as craneopharingioma, can cause severe obesity because the tumors develop near parts of the brain that control hunger.

Medicines

Medicines such as antipsychotics, antidepressants, antiepileptics, and antihyperglycemics can cause weight gain and lead to overweight and obesity.

Talk to your doctor if you notice weight gain while you are using one of these medicines. Ask if there are other forms of the same medicine or other medicines that can treat your medical condition, but have less of an effect on your weight. Do not stop taking the medicine without talking to your doctor.
    Read more

Several parts of your body, such as your stomach, intestines, pancreas, and fat tissue, use hormones to control how your brain decides if you are hungry or full. Some of these hormones are insulin, leptin, glucagon-like peptide (GLP-1), peptide YY, and ghrelin.
    https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/hea...ics/obe/causes

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

This is definitely Lower Wacker Drive. musterion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,251 Times in 8,926 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Low metabolism sure can help put weight on (low thyroid, I know all about it), but if the body is putting on fat, that fat's coming from somewhere. Even with low metabolism, such a person still has to be taking in more calories than they're burning off.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

17. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,458 Times in 11,626 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Low metabolism sure can help put weight on (low thyroid, I know all about it), but if the body is putting on fat, that fat's coming from somewhere. Even with low metabolism, such a person still has to be taking in more calories than they're burning off.
    Depending on how bad it is, it can be so low, that you would end up starving to death while storing everything, because the mechanisms that burn whats stored, arent working.

Same thing can happen in reverse also, that someones body burns way too much and doesn't store.

"Around the country, progressive bullies have attacked Christians for daring to put their faith ahead of the pet causes of those who feign compassion while destroying life-giving liberties. What we are seeing is a scorched-earth, take-no-prisoners approach as the wildfire burns across our land. It is not enough that Christians be quiet. Christians must be silenced and punished. Their faith cannot be respected. Legislation that ensures people are free to live and work according to their faith without fear of being punished by government must be stopped and decried as discrimination...There is one key reason that those on the Left must force their beliefs on the rest of us: if they didn't force their craziness on us, we would never embrace it." ~Erick Erickson
    Proverbs 3:5-8

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Angel4Truth For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rather, what's really childish, is behaving in a such way that you incur the wrath of those calling you names for so doing. Like, pretending like you don't understand something that's very clear. Or, not understanding something that's very clear. Both of those things, deserve name-calling.

Thanks

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    Your science is incorrect. It isn't your fault, you were just fed lies. Skipping lunch does not put the body in "starvation mode". Martin uses 4 letter words when he doesn't need to use the. So keep that in mind when you go to the site.

I have no real comment about will power save for this. People don't have it. They are called addicts. They are addicted to something because they cannot control themselves or their lives. Food is the same way. Don't go in Golden Corral, and you don't have to worry about gluttony in their restaurant.
    My concern was that we consume more calories when we eat less frequently. It's not a hard-and-fast rule; there are exceptions, but mainly, people who are fat eat too many calories, and many of them eat too infrequently, which leads to them eating more calories when they do eat. So they eat too many calories, because they eat too infrequently.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Nihilo For Your Post:

Ktoyou (October 4th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather, what's really childish, is behaving in a such way that you incur the wrath of those calling you names for so doing. Like, pretending like you don't understand something that's very clear. Or, not understanding something that's very clear. Both of those things, deserve name-calling.
    Haha, sure.

Hi, Nihilo, this conversation was dead for a long time!

Maybe you are willing to refresh my memory - what was I pretending to not understand, when we last left off?

Thread Information