Thanked 13,799 Times in 8,187 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woman behaves violently in public just to make an obscure point

Someone help me out here.

She is angry, she is obese, and she is smashing a scale in protest of...something. I gather there's some kind of political message here but I can't tell what.

Why is she smashing a scale? Why is she angry at it? What did the scale do wrong? Did it lie to her?

Is she angry at the scale because she's obese? If so, a fat person smashing a scale seems as sensible as a very ugly person smashing a mirror...not only pointless but completely misses the point.

Why doesn't she smash a refrigerator, or a Starbucks pumpkin chachi macchio, or some more accurate physical representation of her own gluttony and lack of self-control?

Someone explain this to me, please.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

glorydaz (July 3rd, 2017),Right Divider (October 6th, 2017),Tambora (July 3rd, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,960 Times in 11,164 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post

She is angry, she is obese, and she is smashing a scale in protest of...something. I gather there's some kind of political message here but I can't tell what.

Why is she smashing a scale? Why is she angry at it? What did the scale do wrong? Did it lie to her?

Is she angry at the scale because she's obese? If so, a fat person smashing a scale seems as sensible as a very ugly person smashing a mirror...not only pointless but completely misses the point.

Why doesn't she smash a refrigerator, or a Starbucks pumpkin chachi macchio, or some more accurate physical representation of her own lack of self-control?

She's tired of not having a boyfriend
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 1,042 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/...es.asp?id=1625
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    She's tired of not having a boyfriend
    Ah.
    Not a single cluster of living fruit was, or ever will be, harvested from the tree of legality. Law can only produce “dead works,” from which we need to have conscience purged just as much as from “wicked works.”

C. H. Mackintosh

6. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Tambora (July 3rd, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,347 Times in 23,224 Posts

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

She should have hammered a pie.

Are you about protecting truth, or protecting feelings?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

Grosnick Marowbe (July 3rd, 2017),musterion (July 3rd, 2017),Right Divider (October 6th, 2017),Sherman (October 6th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Her life has been ruled by a knife, fork and spoon.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truster For Your Post:

musterion (July 3rd, 2017),Sherman (October 6th, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Strong parallels to another recent public, violent act :

Man Topples Ten Commandments Monument

If you don't like what you're being told, kill the messenger - it must be his fault. Just ask the prophets...
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Isaiah 50:10-11

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nikolai_42 For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (September 30th, 2017),glorydaz (July 3rd, 2017),musterion (July 3rd, 2017),Tambora (July 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Her life has been ruled by a knife, fork and spoon.
    When you're right you're right, I always say.

C. H. Mackintosh

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Sherman (October 6th, 2017),Tambora (July 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nikolai_42 View Post
    Strong parallels to another recent public, violent act :

Man Topples Ten Commandments Monument

If you don't like what you're being told, kill the messenger - it must be his fault. Just ask the prophets...
    Apt connection, I hadn't thought of that.

C. H. Mackintosh

16. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Tambora (July 3rd, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the scales, and art found wanting.

So just destroy the scales.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,210 Times in 1,042 Posts

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I love threads like this, as it brings out the frauds who call themselves Christian (they should be supporting someone who is struggling with weight issues, not mocking her).

Matthew 22: 36-40
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    I love threads like this, as it brings out the frauds who call themselves Christian (they should be supporting someone who is struggling with weight issues, not mocking her).

Her behavior in this video is what's being mocked, as well as her hypocrisy. And now we can mock yours, since you want to put people who struggle with homosexuality in prison (just using your own logic).

C. H. Mackintosh

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (September 30th, 2017),glorydaz (July 3rd, 2017),patrick jane (July 3rd, 2017),Right Divider (October 6th, 2017),Tambora (July 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why doesn't she smash a refrigerator, or a Starbucks pumpkin chachi macchio, or some more accurate physical representation of her own gluttony and lack of self-control?

She's ashamed of her weight. And she doesn't know, that believing in the RESURRECTION saves her from her "body of this death" (Ro7:24-25KJV).

People don't eat enough, as in, they don't eat frequently enough, and go into starvation mode, where their body thinks that food is scarce, so when they do sit down to eat, they feast, because part of being in starvation mode, is eating even more than you would otherwise eat, to pack on fat, to survive, in what your body assumes is a world of scarce food, even though it is plentiful.

She just needs to eat more frequently.

Also, certain types of foods encourage us to eat more than we ought.
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

"I think that's pretty good, considering, Julian."
    "No, it's not good."
    "I'm trying my best here!"
    "Well fine. But it's not really that good."

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post

Until her energies are spent addressing whatever the real underlying problem is, nothing will change for the better.
    If God promises life, He slayeth first; when He builds, He casteth all down first. God is no patcher; He cannot build on another's foundation. - William Tyndale

The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
    Jeremiah 17:9

Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness, and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
    Behold, all ye that kindle a fire, that compass yourselves about with sparks: walk in the light of your fire, and in the sparks that ye have kindled. This shall ye have of mine hand; ye shall lie down in sorrow.

Isaiah 50:10-11

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    She's ashamed of her weight.
    But she says she isn't. So do all these:

They all say it isn't their weight that bothers them. It's society's (general) standards of female attractiveness [as..somehow...represented by the evil patriarchichal weight scale] that bothers them.

C. H. Mackintosh

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

glorydaz (July 3rd, 2017),Tambora (July 3rd, 2017)

Thread Information