User Tag List

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: What Does it Mean to be Born Again?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,175 Times in 6,337 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Pate View Post
    True, we are sinners saved by grace. We see ourselves and others as sinners.

However, God does not see us as sinners. He sees us as perfect and complete "In Christ" Colossians 2:10.

This is the condition for giving us the Holy Spirit.
    We are not born again, as told in John 3. The Lord Jesus Christ stated the standards. There is flesh, and there is Spirit. There is not a third choice. The standard he said is verse 8. Nobody does that, except the Lord Jesus Christ himself.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

jamie (July 3rd, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you calling Jesus a Liar?
    He is.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
    Oh, shut up. Alice go find some other little girl to play with, go dress up dolls or something.
    You have some worrying images of little girls in your mind. You've even started giving them names.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    You have some worrying images of little girls in your mind. You've even started giving them names.

Titus 1

Ephesians 5

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The inane laughter doesn't help, Old Nick.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Over 500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsanford108 View Post
    What Catholics actually believe:

Catechism of the Catholic Church, paragraph 1991: Justification is at the same time the acceptance of God's righteousness through faith in Jesus Christ. Righteousness (or "justice") here means the rectitude of divine love. With justification, faith, hope, and charity are poured into our hearts, and obedience to the divine will is granted us.
    Wait, what?? But Robert said Catholics believe they are born again by the "works of the law".

What a dilemma.

Whom to believe...Robert or the Church?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bard_the_Bowman For Your Post:

jsanford108 (July 4th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you calling Jesus a Liar?

"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH, but have everlasting life" John 3:16.

The word "world" used in John 3:16 is the word "kosmos" which simply means:

any aggregate or general collection of particulars of any sort

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang...gs=G2889&t=KJV

The World that God so Loved and gave His only begotten Son for is the World of His Church.

Eph. 5:25
    Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

John 3:17
    For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

God's Purpose for the World He gave His only begotten Son for is that they shall all be Saved.

But there is a world Christ did not give Himself for, neither does He pray for.

John 17:9
    I pray for them: I pray not for the world, but for them which thou hast given me; for they are thine.

1 Cor. 11:32
    But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.

So also, there is condemned world that shall remain permanently under God's Wrath.

And it's because they are already condemned, that they shall not be given to believe on Christ!

John 3:18, 36
    18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (July 4th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course it is. You first have to believe that you are a sinner in need of a savior.
    And you must make a choice, correct??
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Before a person is Born of the Spirit, their own believing is nothing but a work of the flesh!

Rom. 8:5-8
    5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
    Which is more the reason why most church goers [professers of Jesus Christ] aren't born again.
    "That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;" Philippians 2:15 (KJV)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True, we are sinners saved by grace.
    Why, when we are called a saints? Should "saints" be given to sin?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Informant, thats your dear sweet moms role when she ignorantly sales you into dept slavery by signing the persona birth certificate. Until you figure that one out you are the walking dead. Zekes crazy man we are free as a franchise.
    Thats why they made all those zombie movies to throw it in your face yet you are to blind to see it.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus said, "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God" John 3:3.

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is Spirit" John 3:6.

Peter wrote, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed (Adam) but of incorruptible, BY THE WORD OF GOD, which lives and abides forever" 1 Peter 1:23

Being born again is about receiving the Holy Spirit. We are all born into the world as lost sinners and need to be born again by the word of God. The word of God is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Those that have been born again are those that have heard the Gospel and believe it. There is no other way to be born again. Catholics believe that they are born again by the works of the law. Do good works, obey the Catholic church and you will be born again. Calvinist believe that some how, at some time, God's zapps them with the Holy Spirit and they are born again. Both of these doctrines are false.

Paul wrote to the Galatians, "This only would I learn of you, did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law (because you did something) or by the hearing of faith?" (hearing and believing the Gospel) Galatians 3:2.

On the day of Pentecost when the Gospel first came into the world in the power of the Holy Spirit, thousands heard the Gospel, believed the Gospel and were born again, Acts 2:41. It was the preaching of the Gospel that gave birth to the New Testament church, Acts 2:41-47. The book of Acts is a book about how God in the power of the Holy Spirit is sending the "Good News" of his Son Jesus Christ into all of the world. The Holy Spirit transformed the lowly disciples into powerful preachers of the Gospel, Acts 4:13-22.

I was born again when I turned on the TV and heard these words, "But that thy blood was shed for thee". That is all that I heard. Billy Graham was giving the alter call. The Holy Spirit convicted me of my need for Christ and I became a Christian. That was 48 years ago, I have not been the same since. The change was that I became interested in spiritual things and less interested in things of the flesh. The transformation was slow but sure. The transformation is not what saved me, I was saved by the doing and the dying of Jesus Christ.

I have heard of people being born again by simply reading the Bible. A traveling salesman checked into a motel and found a Bible in the night stand that had been placed there by the Giddeons. He opened the Bible to the book of John and started reading it, just like me, the Holy Spirit convicted him of his need for Jesus Christ and he became a Christian. There are numerous accounts of people being saved in the New Testament. This is why Paul wrote...

So then faith comes by hearing and hearing BY THE WORD OF GOD (which is the Gospel) Romans 10:17.
    You dont believe the Gospel, you teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost ! How is that believing the Gospel !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 1,074 Posts

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are not born again, as told in John 3. The Lord Jesus Christ stated the standards. There is flesh, and there is Spirit. There is not a third choice. The standard he said is verse 8. Nobody does that, except the Lord Jesus Christ himself.

The Christian is both a sinner and a saint at the same time.

We are born again by the Gospel, which is the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23.

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Christian is both a sinner and a saint at the same time.

We are born again by the Gospel, which is the word of God, 1 Peter 1:23.
    We are born again "by the "Word" of God, which lives forever"! Born again from above! The same Word of God that inhabited the body of Jesus Christ: 1Pet1:23 KJV.

"But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you". Romans 8:11 (KJV)

Learn something for a change.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 1,074 Posts

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Reference View Post
    We are born again "by the "Word" of God, which lives forever"! Born again from above! The same Word of God that inhabited the body of Jesus Christ: 1Pet1:23 KJV.

"But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you". Romans 8:11 (KJV)

Learn something for a change.
    You don't have anything new.

Thread Information