Bob Headed to Palin Protest in Indy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the wolf remains hidden, no one knows it exists. Even if a sheep indicates they have wolf tendencies, but those tendencies never manifest, the wolf remains hidden.

I'd much rather focus 100% of my attention on the wolf in plain sight.

The wolves in hiding are a bigger threat that those who are sitting out in plain sight. :think:

Granite

Hall of Fame
And that is the whole point of the protest against Palin. She IS engaging in the same behavior. That's the point! Those who protest are trying to sound the alarm. And while they are doing it they are being told not, or it's a waste of time, or they should put their efforts elsewhere, etc... and that's by the Christians who claim to be pro-life!!!

The ARTL's intent on attacking and inflicting damage on other pro-life individuals who don't happen to fit the ARTL's own pet definition of who's pro-life and who's not. If you don't see the tremendous damage that does to the movement as a whole, you're just being deliberately obtuse.

The ARTL's agenda, such as it is, strikes me as incredibly cynical and very, very transparent.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Doc-
When everyone can see the wolf why would you point it out? You'd just look like an idiot.

DocJohnson

If she's willing to do it on the state level she's willing to do it on the federal level, if she's ever elected...

Palin or anyone else as President would have more than two issue-unknown choices to appoint to the Supreme Court... unlike the situation in Alaska that you're crying foul over. If you sincerely believe she would, given several pro-life choices, still appoint a pro-abortion US Supreme Court Justice, then you don't have to vote for her.

The reality of the situation is, she's never been in a position to effect change on the abortion issue, and she probably never will. The only issue that came up in the two years she was governor that was even remotely close to the abortion issue was the parental notification ballot measure which she supported.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Palin or anyone else as President would have more than two issue-unknown choices to appoint to the Supreme Court... unlike the situation in Alaska that you're crying foul over. If you sincerely believe she would, given several pro-life choices, still appoint a pro-abortion US Supreme Court Justice, then you don't have to vote for her.
Bush did it. So did his daddy. What makes you think Palin wouldn't?

The reality of the situation is, she's never been in a position to effect change on the abortion issue, and she probably never will. The only issue that came up in the two years she was governor that was even remotely close to the abortion issue was the parental notification ballot measure which she supported.
Right. Because that's exactly what abortion needs. More regulations that don't stop a single abortion from taking place.:rolleyes:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
What?

:confused:

That didn't quite make sense.

Everyone can see the wolf, including me. So, what's the problem?
:bang:

You're complaining that we are exposing the wolf in sheep's clothing and ignoring the wolves in wolves clothing. Do you not see how much of an idiot you make yourself out to be when you whine about such a thing?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So, an unknown threat is greater than a known threat?

How does that make sense to anyone?

YES ... it is. Who do you see as more of a threat ... the predator that knocks on your front door and says "I am here to harm you" or the predator that is hiding in the basement, waiting for the first opportunity to attack?

Punisher1984

Are you familiar with the Romulan proverb "If knowledge is power, to be unknown is to be unconquerable?" Do you *really* need some one to further explain the concept to you or are you just being dense?

Not like it really matters in this instance - as the "pro-life" movement supported by the Enyartian monarchists is so marginalized that they don't really have a prayer of wide-ranging acceptance (so all that's left is to wait for this movement to die - then watch the "wolves" fight over the corpse).

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame

If you can see a threat you know to fight or run away. If you don't it will bite you in the backside. Can you really not understand that?

So, you don't support parental notification initiatives either?
Do they make a difference? Do they stop any abortions from taking place? The answer to both questions is, "no." So my answer to your question is the same, "no."

DocJohnson

YES ... it is. Who do you see as more of a threat ... the predator that knocks on your front door and says "I am here to harm you" or the predator that is hiding in the basement, waiting for the first opportunity to attack?

Are you serious?

Hmmm... let's see... I'm going to have to go with the guy at my front door who just announced that he's here to harm me.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you serious?

Hmmm... let's see... I'm going to have to go with the guy at my front door who just announced that he's here to harm me.

I can see how the idea of going to sleep for the night so that the hidden predator can, without warning, go about his business, is comforting to you.

DocJohnson

Are you familiar with the Romulan proverb "If knowledge is power, to be unknown is to be unconquerable?" Do you *really* need some one to further explain the concept to you or are you just being dense?

You can quote fictional characters all you want.

The unknowns already won, in case no one has noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.