User Tag List

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 318

Thread: can ya help a brother out

  1. #91
    LIFETIME MEMBER steko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    12,531
    Thanks
    22,493
    Thanked 18,885 Times in 10,544 Posts

    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147694
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
    Makes sense there would need to be something to judge. Are they judging for salvation into eternal life or judging the legal social laws of the land?
    The twelve apostles will judge pertaining to the laws of the land for the twelve tribes.

    Eternal life, now...that's the Lord's judgement.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to steko For Your Post:

    glorydaz (July 3rd, 2017),LoneStar (July 7th, 2017),patrick jane (July 3rd, 2017),Tambora (July 3rd, 2017)

  3. #92
    Over 1000 post club LoneStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks
    22,578
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 908 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147525
    Quote Originally Posted by steko View Post
    The twelve apostles will judge pertaining to the laws of the land for the twelve tribes.

    Eternal life, now...that's the Lord's judgement.
    Am I correct that there will be death during the millennium kingdom even though they will live to ripe old ages in peace and health? At some point all mortal life has to end when everyone still alive would have to die to be raised in a glorified body. Do you know of verses that give a hint of when that time is or what it is that finally kills everyone still alive?

    What blocks my brain from visioning what the outcome will be like is everything is going fine during the mill kingdom. Happy fruitful lives all around. So what happens when the time comes God has to tell all those happy lives they now have to all die and how is God going to do that? I do not mean that in a disrespectful way, only trying to ask it in a simplified basic way. Or am i only assuming there comes a time when everyone must die and mortal live continues with the same promise of a glorified body when they do die? My questions may sound stupid, and they may very well be, but i am sincere in seeking answers.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneStar For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 14th, 2017)

  5. #93
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,468
    Thanks
    12,020
    Thanked 13,862 Times in 11,106 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147793
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
    Am I correct that there will be death during the millennium kingdom even though they will live to ripe old ages in peace and health? At some point all mortal life has to end when everyone still alive would have to die to be raised in a glorified body. Do you know of verses that give a hint of when that time is or what it is that finally kills everyone still alive?

    What blocks my brain from visioning what the outcome will be like is everything is going fine during the mill kingdom. Happy fruitful lives all around. So what happens when the time comes God has to tell all those happy lives they now have to all die and how is God going to do that? I do not mean that in a disrespectful way, only trying to ask it in a simplified basic way. Or am i only assuming there comes a time when everyone must die and mortal live continues with the same promise of a glorified body when they do die? My questions may sound stupid, and they may very well be, but i am sincere in seeking answers.
    The main purpose of Jesus’ 1,000-year reign is to fulfill the prophecies given to Israel and the promises made to Jesus, the nations, and the whole earth. God’s covenants were voluntary and one-sided. He promised He would bless Israel and restore the world in specific ways, and He will.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  6. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    LoneStar (July 7th, 2017)

  7. #94
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    12,800
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,080 Times in 2,301 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1083843
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
    Am I correct that there will be death during the millennium kingdom even though they will live to ripe old ages in peace and health? At some point all mortal life has to end when everyone still alive would have to die to be raised in a glorified body. Do you know of verses that give a hint of when that time is or what it is that finally kills everyone still alive?

    What blocks my brain from visioning what the outcome will be like is everything is going fine during the mill kingdom. Happy fruitful lives all around. So what happens when the time comes God has to tell all those happy lives they now have to all die and how is God going to do that? I do not mean that in a disrespectful way, only trying to ask it in a simplified basic way. Or am i only assuming there comes a time when everyone must die and mortal live continues with the same promise of a glorified body when they do die? My questions may sound stupid, and they may very well be, but i am sincere in seeking answers.
    Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

    Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

    Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

    Luke 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

    Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

    Rom. 5:8
    Prov. 27:17
    Acts 17:11,12

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

    LoneStar (July 7th, 2017)

  9. #95
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16,328
    Thanks
    6,499
    Thanked 23,057 Times in 11,610 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147717
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
    Am I correct that there will be death during the millennium kingdom even though they will live to ripe old ages in peace and health? At some point all mortal life has to end when everyone still alive would have to die to be raised in a glorified body. Do you know of verses that give a hint of when that time is or what it is that finally kills everyone still alive?

    What blocks my brain from visioning what the outcome will be like is everything is going fine during the mill kingdom. Happy fruitful lives all around. So what happens when the time comes God has to tell all those happy lives they now have to all die and how is God going to do that? I do not mean that in a disrespectful way, only trying to ask it in a simplified basic way. Or am i only assuming there comes a time when everyone must die and mortal live continues with the same promise of a glorified body when they do die? My questions may sound stupid, and they may very well be, but i am sincere in seeking answers.
    Maybe it will be like when the Lord comes for us (those who are still alive).....changed, in the twinkling of an eye.

    1 Corinthians 15:51-53
    51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    LoneStar (July 7th, 2017),Tambora (July 14th, 2017)

  11. #96
    Over 1000 post club LoneStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks
    22,578
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 908 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147525
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    The main purpose of Jesus’ 1,000-year reign is to fulfill the prophecies given to Israel and the promises made to Jesus, the nations, and the whole earth. God’s covenants were voluntary and one-sided. He promised He would bless Israel and restore the world in specific ways, and He will.
    I would say so. Just trying to lay out the sequence of the events leading up to when all mortal life must end if indeed there really is an end of all mortal life coming. If all mortal life is to end, there must be verses predicting it will happen.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneStar For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 14th, 2017)

  13. #97
    Over 1000 post club LoneStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks
    22,578
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 908 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147525
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Genesis 3:22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever: 3:23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken. 3:24 So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

    Romans 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

    Revelation 22:1 And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 22:2 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 22:3 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 22:4 And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 22:5 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

    Luke 1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 1:32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 1:33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

    Revelation 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

    Rom. 5:8
    Prov. 27:17
    Acts 17:11,12
    I can't tell the point you are driving at by quoting those verses. Could you throw me a bone?

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneStar For Your Post:

    glorydaz (July 9th, 2017),Tambora (July 14th, 2017)

  15. #98
    Over 1000 post club LoneStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks
    22,578
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 908 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147525
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Maybe it will be like when the Lord comes for us (those who are still alive).....changed, in the twinkling of an eye.

    1 Corinthians 15:51-53
    51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
    I have thought the same. Could be, I'm not sure. The only time I know of that formula is used is for the rapture. I presume that sets a precedence of how God works. Seems to be making an argument from silence though. If all mortal life is supposed to end I would think there would be a statement of that in scripture somewhere. Keep me in mind if you run across a verse stating how and when all mortal life ends. The curiosity is killing me!

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneStar For Your Post:

    glorydaz (July 9th, 2017),Tambora (July 14th, 2017)

  17. #99
    Over 1000 post club LoneStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks
    22,578
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 908 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147525
    Another thing you good folks could help me with is differentiating between the war of all nations coming against Israel before the mil and the same happening after the mil. From what I gather, if correct, there are two areas in focus for a war from all nations. Megiddo and Jezreel. Are these two different places or the same place? Which verses describe the war before the mil and which verses describe the war after the mil?

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to LoneStar For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 14th, 2017)

  19. #100
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    12,800
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,080 Times in 2,301 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1083843
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
    I can't tell the point you are driving at by quoting those verses. Could you throw me a bone?
    Study out, towards laying out in outline form for yourself; those similar words, phrases and themes in the passages I posted.

    Look for recurrent patterns (patterns that repeat) towards what they begin to point to.

    Case in point, among the things the passages I posted point to are that physical man will "live for ever," and that there will be a continuing "increase" in population, etc.

    In short, the PHYSICAL will not end.

    Just a matter of studying out, when attempting to study out any subject, both similar and closely related words, phrases, and themes, and their recurrent patterns for what they all point to as a whole.

    While I'm at it; try to begin to break yourself away from newbie tendencies like "well maybe this passage is talking about" or "perhaps it is talking about" or "well, what if I were to read this passage this way, or maybe from this other angle..."

    At the risk of offending; I'd suggest googling for yourself a pdf on Basic Grammar towards reminding yourself how to approach attempting to extract the intended meaning of a writer's words through how any writer uses various word structure forms beyond who, what, when, where, why, and how.

    Rom. 5:8
    Prov. 27:17
    Acts 17:11,12

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

    LoneStar (July 9th, 2017)

  21. #101
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    12,800
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,080 Times in 2,301 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1083843
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
    Another thing you good folks could help me with is differentiating between the war of all nations coming against Israel before the mil and the same happening after the mil. From what I gather, if correct, there are two areas in focus for a war from all nations. Megiddo and Jezreel. Are these two different places or the same place? Which verses describe the war before the mil and which verses describe the war after the mil?
    A thought I have found helpful...

    You might do well to study out the following video beyond those two wars it's presenter is going over, to what study principles his conclusions and assertions appear to point back to his having followed.

    Then, write them out, for your own use in your own studies.

    The study principles are there.

    Just a matter of focusing your attention on attempting to point them out to yourself in written form, based on questions to yourself like "what study principle or principles does he appear to be relying on? How would I word those as study principles that I might follow?"

    And you cannot go wrong in what study principles you might pick on in this particular speaker; the man's brilliance as a Bible student is very, very rare.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axxl_N0dNtc&app=desktop

    "Give a man a fish; feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish; feed him for a lifetime" - an old Chinese proverb.

    Rom. 5:8
    Prov. 27:17
    Acts 17:11,12

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

    LoneStar (July 9th, 2017)

  23. #102
    Over 1000 post club LoneStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks
    22,578
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 908 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147525
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    Study out
    Doing that.

    laying out in outline form for yourself
    I've already given an summary outline.



    Case in point, among the things the passages I posted point to are that physical man will "live for ever," and that there will be a continuing "increase" in population, etc.

    In short, the PHYSICAL will not end.
    Are you using physical like I am using mortal? Flesh blood bone bodies that can still die. I can't say one way or the other. I know some like Jehovah Witnesses that do believe mortal life will not end. But others do think it will end.




    While I'm at it; try to begin to break yourself away from newbie tendencies like "well maybe this passage is talking about" or "perhaps it is talking about" or "well, what if I were to read this passage this way, or maybe from this other angle..."

    At the risk of offending; I'd suggest googling for yourself a pdf on Basic Grammar towards reminding yourself how to approach attempting to extract the intended meaning of a writer's words through how any writer uses various word structure forms beyond who, what, when, where, why, and how.
    For real? A grammar lesson? What's with you dude? My grammar is the least of my concerns.

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoneStar For Your Post:

    glorydaz (July 9th, 2017),patrick jane (July 8th, 2017),steko (July 8th, 2017),Tambora (July 14th, 2017)

  25. #103
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    27,468
    Thanks
    12,020
    Thanked 13,862 Times in 11,106 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147793
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post





    For real? A grammar lesson? What's with you dude? My grammar is the least of my concerns.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    glorydaz (July 9th, 2017),LoneStar (July 9th, 2017),steko (July 8th, 2017)

  27. #104
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    12,800
    Thanks
    370
    Thanked 3,080 Times in 2,301 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1083843
    Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
    Doing that.

    I've already given an summary outline.



    Are you using physical like I am using mortal? Flesh blood bone bodies that can still die. I can't say one way or the other. I know some like Jehovah Witnesses that do believe mortal life will not end. But others do think it will end.




    For real? A grammar lesson? What's with you dude? My grammar is the least of my concerns.
    Any speaker and or writer is following various rules of grammar that result in said speaker or writer's intended meaning.

    You are failing to see what the Scripture teaches on the things you are asking about because you are not following said basic rules of grammar.

    Rules like "first mention; contrast; similar wording and or themes; overall narrative;" and so on.

    Anyone following said basic rules of grammar would have known what I'd meant had they'd basically applied said rules of grammar to my words to you on this.

    Prov. 27:17

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

    LoneStar (July 9th, 2017)

  29. #105
    Over 1000 post club LoneStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,260
    Thanks
    22,578
    Thanked 1,902 Times in 908 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147525
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Gave me a smirk also. If my truck is stuck I expect someone to get their rear in gear and help push. Not hand me a pamphlet on how to fish.

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LoneStar For Your Post:

    glorydaz (July 9th, 2017),Tambora (July 14th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us