User Tag List

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 183

Thread: can ya help a brother out

  1. #136
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    25,471
    Thanks
    10,512
    Thanked 12,805 Times in 10,404 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147770
    Well, danish has officially made this his thread for teaching study principles -
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  2. The Following User Says Thank You to patrick jane For Your Post:

    glorydaz (July 16th, 2017)

  3. #137
    Fiddle Dee Dee Tambora's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    39,500
    Thanks
    110,360
    Thanked 33,619 Times in 21,308 Posts

    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)



    Rep Power
    2148040
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Well, danish has officially made this his thread for teaching study principles -
    He tries that in every thread.
    He has a talent for bringing down a good bible study between friends.
    Much easier than actually being helpful and answering questions asked.
    Danoh be Danoh.

    Proverbs 18:17 He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

    glorydaz (July 16th, 2017)

  5. #138
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,214
    Thanks
    4,453
    Thanked 19,517 Times in 9,775 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147694
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    I tried...

    And the likes of a dodge, and a Lazy would agree with you on that one.

    Eventually I found that this is one more issue few apparently consider the "things that differ" about through the Scripture rightly divided.

    Case in point, were the Spirit leading, we'd all be on the same page in our understanding.

    And none of us would experience those many moments of "Whoops, I guess I was wrong on that interpretation; back to the drawing board, oh well..."

    Exactly - back to the drawing board.

    Because it is not the Spirit doing the leading in that way. That is the individual him or herself in his or her own notions.

    Which he or she then concludes was "the Spirit's leading..."

    I've had my share.

    I no longer conclude "o the Spirit led me..." though.

    Due to the following...the things that differ...

    ALWAYS it turns out I'd either been unaware of, or negligent in, the application of one study principle, or another.

    What I have found is that Spirit now leads through His complete, filled full, or perfect, Word of Truth, Col. 1:25; 2 Tim. 3:15,16, in contrast to how things were prior to that as to Eph. 4:11,12.

    Personally, I'd rather someone point such a thing out to me, as I have no issue with comparing other's findings with my own.

    Beats finding out on my own, years later, if at all.

    Rom. 5:8
    Acts 17:11,12.
    On the contrary....I find believers who have seen exactly those same things the Spirit has shown me through the Scripture. It's only those things I have understood through my own reasoning that is up for debate. And, the funny part is that when I hear someone share the truth of what the Spirit has shown them, I see it's truth...and that is when I adjust my thinking.

    I found this through the years of being in a New Testament assembly...where we had members of the body getting up and sharing what the Lord had opened to their understanding during the week. Those were the truths that were wonders and beautiful to behold. It's when we see the results of all this personal "study" that we run into disagreements....I'm not talking about that kind of knowledge. I'm talking about the real deal...and I've even seen it here on TOL. It's rarer, but it's there.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    patrick jane (July 16th, 2017),Tambora (July 16th, 2017)

  7. #139
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,214
    Thanks
    4,453
    Thanked 19,517 Times in 9,775 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147694
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    He tries that in every thread.
    He has a talent for bringing down a good bible study between friends.
    Much easier than actually being helpful and answering questions asked.
    Danoh be Danoh.
    Known as quenching the Spirit....

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 16th, 2017)

  9. #140
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,783
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,935 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1002128
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    On the contrary....I find believers who have seen exactly those same things the Spirit has shown me through the Scripture. It's only those things I have understood through my own reasoning that is up for debate. And, the funny part is that when I hear someone share the truth of what the Spirit has shown them, I see it's truth...and that is when I adjust my thinking.

    I found this through the years of being in a New Testament assembly...where we had members of the body getting up and sharing what the Lord had opened to their understanding during the week. Those were the truths that were wonders and beautiful to behold. It's when we see the results of all this personal "study" that we run into disagreements....I'm not talking about that kind of knowledge. I'm talking about the real deal...and I've even seen it here on TOL. It's rarer, but it's there.
    You and I obviously differ on this.

    There is nothing mystical about the Spirit's leading one to an understanding on one thing or another - other than the mysticism many conclude is behind those findings of theirs that the Spirit has led them to; simply through time in His completed Word.

    If they have gotten whatever understanding they assert out of Scripture soundly, to begin with, that is.

    For we are all on an endless learning curve on the Scripture.

    Too many confuse their own definition of "right" with what the Scripture may or may have not asserted.

    Which they then assert the Spirit led them unto.

    This is why people, say, like a dodge and his kind - who also assert a belief in the Spirit's leading - end up at ideas (that you and I both often see are clearly their own ideas), were inspired by, and or led unto, by The Spirit.

    At the end of his life; the Apostle Peter notes to his readers that although he and His fellow Apostles had had their physical senses themselves for an evidence of The Glory they had witnessed firsthand; he was leaving his readers with a more sure word, or evidence, whereunto they would do well to heed the instruction of - the Scripture.

    Because the private interpretation, or origin of, the Scripture itself; was without question.

    For such had been the case as to the Spirit's leading outside of His Word back then; when He was inspiring Scripture's writers to "write it in a book."

    They alone had had that access through their senses.

    We have His completed Word.

    The result being that things went from Eph. 4's perfection or establishment of the Believer through men gifted of God by the Lord through the Spirit, to 2 Tim. 3's establishment or perfection in understanding through God's completed Word.

    Unless I read your post wrong; you are confusing someone agreeing with your findings on one thing or another as being some sort of a confirmation the Spirit led you both to that same understanding.

    If through His Word; yes. But even this is the issue of through His Word.

    The old "okay, boys and girls; let's put on our thinking caps and get to applying what we learned earlier about the who, what, when, where, why, and how of a thing, when reading..."

    Outside of that, one is basically walking by one's own senses, or sight; not by faith.

    I am challenging that.

    As I would expect to be challenged on one assertion or another.

    That is not "quenching the Spirit."

    That too is nothing more, once more, than what you have read into that phrase.

    Just as there is nothing wrong with pointing out to someone the need to consider learning how to properly study a thing out, Is. 8:20, Lk. 24:27.

    Rom. 5:8
    Acts 17:11,12.

  10. #141
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    16,400
    Thanks
    2,521
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 9,389 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147774
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    In order to get the full value of the study principles you must rely on the secret meanings of said material, along with the Danohianic guidelines.
    I've begun to apply the Danohianic Principle to every aspect of my life: Bible study, work, family, relationships, and even my workout regimen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 19th, 2017)

  12. #142
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,783
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,935 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1002128
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    I've begun to apply the Danohianic Principle to every aspect of my life: Bible study, work, family, relationships, and even my workout regimen.
    lol

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Danoh For Your Post:

    SaulToPaul (July 18th, 2017)

  14. #143
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    25,471
    Thanks
    10,512
    Thanked 12,805 Times in 10,404 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147770
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    lol
    I heard you're 26 years old
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  15. #144
    Silver Member SaulToPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    16,400
    Thanks
    2,521
    Thanked 15,474 Times in 9,389 Posts

    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147774
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I heard you're 26 years old
    Danoh knows a lot about 70s television. I would put him at 56 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    You're too literal to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Interplanner View Post
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to SaulToPaul For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 19th, 2017)

  17. #145
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,214
    Thanks
    4,453
    Thanked 19,517 Times in 9,775 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147694
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    You and I obviously differ on this.

    There is nothing mystical about the Spirit's leading one to an understanding on one thing or another - other than the mysticism many conclude is behind those findings of theirs that the Spirit has led them to; simply through time in His completed Word.
    Nothing mystical about the leading of the Spirit?

    Then I feel sorry for you, Danoh. Something as simple as the Peace of God is nothing short of mystical...miraculous....beyond the natural.

    Philippians 4:7
    And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (July 19th, 2017)

  19. #146
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,783
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,935 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1002128
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Nothing mystical about the leading of the Spirit?

    Then I feel sorry for you, Danoh. Something as simple as the Peace of God is nothing short of mystical...miraculous....beyond the natural.

    Philippians 4:7
    And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
    No need to feel sorry for me; my faith is founded on an objective understanding of the things that differ.

    This is the source of the kind of peace that is then able to surpass all understanding that the Apostle Paul is referring to in that passage.

    Understanding...applied.

    As in the verse you left out...

    Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

    That results in the "it is well with my soul" kind of rest in the fact that God is at work in the inward man by His Spirit through His rightly divided Word believed in, no matter what comes one's way.

    Just any old prayer?

    Nope.

    1 Corinthians 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

    Rom. 5:8
    Acts 17:11,12

  20. #147
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,783
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,935 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1002128
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    Danoh knows a lot about 70s television. I would put him at 56 years old.
    lol - I know a whole lot about the NT.

    Must mean I'm about two thousand years old.

    Next you'll be telling me the day and month of my birthday

  21. #148
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    11,783
    Thanks
    369
    Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,935 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    1002128
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    I heard you're 26 years old
    I posted some clues to Jerry, back when he and I were at each other's throats, lol

    But who cares - we're now eternal - Praise the Lord - Rom. 6:23!!!

  22. #149
    Silver Member patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    25,471
    Thanks
    10,512
    Thanked 12,805 Times in 10,404 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147770
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    I posted some clues to Jerry, back when he and I were at each other's throats, lol

    But who cares - we're now eternal - Praise the Lord - Rom. 6:23!!!
    Amen.
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  23. #150
    Silver Member glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    14,214
    Thanks
    4,453
    Thanked 19,517 Times in 9,775 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147694
    Quote Originally Posted by Danoh View Post
    No need to feel sorry for me; my faith is founded on an objective understanding of the things that differ.

    This is the source of the kind of peace that is then able to surpass all understanding that the Apostle Paul is referring to in that passage.

    Understanding...applied.

    As in the verse you left out...

    Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

    That results in the "it is well with my soul" kind of rest in the fact that God is at work in the inward man by His Spirit through His rightly divided Word believed in, no matter what comes one's way.

    Just any old prayer?

    Nope.

    1 Corinthians 14:15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

    Rom. 5:8
    Acts 17:11,12
    Yet you negate the "pray with the spirit" part....too mystical for you?

    No, Danoh, you're just so intent on sounding right that you ignore the fact that the Spirit does, indeed, open our understanding. Like others, I have read verses for years when suddenly a deeper and greater meaning is opened to my understanding. I wouldn't trade all the head knowledge in the world or all the hours about "how to study" for even one moment of truth as revealed by the Spirit. For that still small voice....


    You may have the great wind, and the earthquake, and the fire....but the Lord is not there.

    1 Kings 19:11-13
    And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the Lord. And, behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the Lord was not in the earthquake: And after the earthquake a fire; but the Lord was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice. And it was so, when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out, and stood in the entering in of the cave. And, behold, there came a voice unto him, and said, What doest thou here, Elijah?

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    patrick jane (July 18th, 2017),Tambora (July 19th, 2017)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us