User Tag List

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 333

Thread: Having received salvation, what is next?

  1. #91
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,232
    Thanks
    1,841
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 890 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    106729
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Yet again you use scriptures as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination.
    You generally use that one on another, but whatever. Be blind, stupor around in the dark, just don't question the outcome when the truth comes.

    Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

  2. #92
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,232
    Thanks
    1,841
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 890 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    106729
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Yet again you use scriptures as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination.
    Thanks for answering by the way

    Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

  3. #93
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    7,456
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 712 Times in 630 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    174126
    Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    You generally use that one one another, but whatever. Be blind, stupor around in the dark, just don't question the outcome whenbthe truth comes.

    Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
    You shouldn't post while in a stupor.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  4. #94
    Over 4000 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    4,232
    Thanks
    1,841
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 890 Posts

    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    106729
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    You shouldn't post while in a stupor.
    Fixed it... Thanks

    Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

  5. #95
    Over 3000 post club Epoisses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Atlanta, Ga
    Posts
    3,832
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 748 Times in 632 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    86708
    Quote Originally Posted by Nang View Post
    This is a really stupid thing to post . . .
    Not as stupid as your worthless religion that you sold your soul for where you can't even admit that the world actually means the whole world!

  6. #96
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,570
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 280 Times in 232 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    61295
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilo View Post
    It's not hard.
    I John 5:3 tells us that it is not grievous.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

    Nihilo (June 22nd, 2017)

  8. #97
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,570
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 280 Times in 232 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    61295
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    You pervert the truth because you have no experience of the power of the evangelism. You've read about it. You've heard about it and you talk about it, but you haven't experienced the power therein. Everything you speak and post is done so parrot fashion. Repeating the sounds of words, but without knowing what they mean.
    Again, thanks for offering your opinion.

    However, again, you have not shown one scripture to support your claim, nor how they apply to what I have written.

    Well, if you believe that I have no self control or free will, that God does all the deciding, then why are you criticizing me, you should take up your cbjections to God.

    By the way, evangelism is about sharing the good news of the gospel of Christ like Philip did in Samaria. Acts 8:4-13 ...

    Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

    5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

    6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

    7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

    8 And there was great joy in that city.

    9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

    10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

    11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

    12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

    13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.


    Note that scripture states that they believed Philip.

    It does not say that they trusted Philip, they did something far more noteworthy, they believed him.

    Philip was doing God's will, he preached Christ unto them and saw and heard the miracles which God did, oops, sorry that is not what it says, which Philip did.

    They had a change of heart and instead of following the false signs and wonders of Simon, they chose, by their own free will to give heed unto Philip.

    It says they gave heed to Philip, it does not say God forced them to mindlessly trust Philip
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  9. #98
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    7,456
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 712 Times in 630 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    174126
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Again, thanks for offering your opinion.

    However, again, you have not shown one scripture to support your claim, nor how they apply to what I have written.

    Well, if you believe that I have no self control or free will, that God does all the deciding, then why are you criticizing me, you should take up your cbjections to God.

    By the way, evangelism is about sharing the good news of the gospel of Christ like Philip did in Samaria. Acts 8:4-13 ...

    Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

    5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

    6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

    7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

    8 And there was great joy in that city.

    9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

    10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

    11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

    12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

    13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.


    Note that scripture states that they believed Philip.

    It does not say that they trusted Philip, they did something far more noteworthy, they believed him.

    Philip was doing God's will, he preached Christ unto them and saw and heard the miracles which God did, oops, sorry that is not what it says, which Philip did.

    They had a change of heart and instead of following the false signs and wonders of Simon, they chose, by their own free will to give heed unto Philip.

    It says they gave heed to Philip, it does not say God forced them to mindlessly trust Philip
    You confuse belief, faith and trust. Only one of these words conveys what the Hebrew and Greek conveyed.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  10. #99
    TOL Legend patrick jane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    homeless
    Posts
    28,059
    Thanks
    12,916
    Thanked 14,255 Times in 11,351 Posts

    Blog Entries
    27
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147800
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Again, thanks for offering your opinion.

    However, again, you have not shown one scripture to support your claim, nor how they apply to what I have written.

    Well, if you believe that I have no self control or free will, that God does all the deciding, then why are you criticizing me, you should take up your cbjections to God.

    By the way, evangelism is about sharing the good news of the gospel of Christ like Philip did in Samaria. Acts 8:4-13 ...

    Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word.

    5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.

    6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

    7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

    8 And there was great joy in that city.

    9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:

    10 To whom they all gave heed, from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

    11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

    12 But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

    13 Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs which were done.


    Note that scripture states that they believed Philip.

    It does not say that they trusted Philip, they did something far more noteworthy, they believed him.

    Philip was doing God's will, he preached Christ unto them and saw and heard the miracles which God did, oops, sorry that is not what it says, which Philip did.

    They had a change of heart and instead of following the false signs and wonders of Simon, they chose, by their own free will to give heed unto Philip.

    It says they gave heed to Philip, it does not say God forced them to mindlessly trust Philip
    Great points
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -


    Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

    Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

    Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -



  11. #100
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,570
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 280 Times in 232 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    61295
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    You confuse belief, faith and trust. Only one of these words conveys what the Hebrew and Greek conveyed.
    Too bad you remain without supportive scripture.

    What do you base your beliefs on?

    John 5:39 would be a good place for you to start.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  12. #101
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    7,456
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 712 Times in 630 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    174126
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Too bad you remain without supportive scripture.

    What do you base your beliefs on?

    John 5:39 would be a good place for you to start.
    The doctrines I post are based on scripture. Only those that know and recognise the scriptures in the doctrine can benefit.

    I have a few friends that move their lips as I'm talking and they are speaking the verses I base my conversations on. One of them just quotes chapter and verse.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  13. #102
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,570
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 280 Times in 232 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    61295
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    You confuse belief, faith and trust. Only one of these words conveys what the Hebrew and Greek conveyed.
    That is only your opinion. Too bad you cannot show it.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  14. #103
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,570
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 280 Times in 232 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    61295
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    The doctrines I post are based on scripture. Only those that know and recognise the scriptures in the doctrine can benefit.

    I have a few friends that move their lips as I'm talking and they are speaking the verses I base my conversations on. One of them just quotes chapter and verse.
    Are they? What scripture have you listed to support your post?

    I do not recall any.

    Why should I trust you since you cannot supply scripture?

    Well, maybe you should video tape your friends and post that video?

    Or better yet, why not list some scripture?

    Here are some scriptures for your spiritual enrichment.

    Romans 1:2
    (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

    Romans 4:3
    For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

    Romans 9:17
    For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

    Romans 10:11
    For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  15. #104
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    7,456
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 712 Times in 630 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    174126
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Are they? What scripture have you listed to support your post?

    I do not recall any.

    Why should I trust you since you cannot supply scripture?

    Well, maybe you should video tape your friends and post that video?

    Or better yet, why not list some scripture?

    Here are some scriptures for your spiritual enrichment.

    Romans 1:2
    (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,)

    Romans 4:3
    For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

    Romans 9:17
    For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.

    Romans 10:11
    For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
    You do not have the spiritual ability to recognise and trust the truth.

    You demand verses so here's a verse just for you:

    But because of your hard and unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of wrath, when Elohim's just judgment will be revealed.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  16. #105
    Over 4000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    4,570
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 280 Times in 232 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    61295
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    You do not have the spiritual ability to recognise and trust the truth.

    You demand verses so here's a verse just for you:

    But because of your hard and unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of wrath, when Elohim's just judgment will be revealed.
    Well, again, you have strong opinions and are ready to condemn, but based on what?

    Your opinion only.

    You cannot show how any of your conclusions are based on scripture.

    Why do you wish to continue to be a false witness?

    Why don't you trust scripture?

    Why don't you rely on God's word for answers instead of your own ego?

    Why your obsession with self righteousness?

    Romans 4:3

    Philippians 3:9-11

    Why not support your statements with scripture and actually do some good?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us