User Tag List

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: Having received salvation, what is next?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    You think that once you have given your heart to Jesus (works) you must then do more works to ensure salvation is completed.(works)

As opposed to salvation is by grace and through trust from beginning to end.
    Yes, in a loose sense, yes.

Just like a new born baby is alive and ready to live, but without proper food, shelter, instruction, loving care, the baby will never mature into what it could be.

Likewise, we as newly born again children of God , we must learn proper spiritual diet, learn to seek God's shelter, His refuge for us, the instruction he has for us, his care for us, etc.

Luke 4:4, Jeremiah 15:16,

Psalm 9:9 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

Psalm 14:6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the Lord is his refuge.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

II Timothy 3:16

I Peter 5:7

etc.

We must do it, although there are older brothers and sisters in Christ nearby, we must seek out what we need.

No one will force feed us these things.

It is up to us to act.

God does not force people against their will.

God's word is persuasive if we heed it, but God does not violate our free will.

God would not give us instruction on how to conduct our lives if we did not have the free will and ability to carry out His instructions. If God did it all, then why bother with scripture?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

marhig (June 22nd, 2017),popsthebuilder (June 22nd, 2017)

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,084 Times in 892 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul was exhorting Timothy to "take hold of eternal life" as opposed to taking hold of temporal existence and everything that entails. To lay hold of the things pertaining to the eternal kingdom instead of the things of the world and time.

There are at least 10 scriptures in my post, but you probably won't see them.
    And to lay hold is to do absolutely nothing, right?

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    And to lay hold is to do absolutely nothing, right?

It's a spiritual laying hold and not physical or with outward works.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Yes, in a loose sense, yes.

Just like a new born baby is alive and ready to live, but without proper food, shelter, instruction, loving care, the baby will never mature into what it could be.

Likewise, we as newly born again children of God , we must learn proper spiritual diet, learn to seek God's shelter, His refuge for us, the instruction he has for us, his care for us, etc.

Luke 4:4, Jeremiah 15:16,

Psalm 9:9 The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

Psalm 14:6 Ye have shamed the counsel of the poor, because the Lord is his refuge.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

II Timothy 3:16

I Peter 5:7

etc.

We must do it, although there are older brothers and sisters in Christ nearby, we must seek out what we need.

No one will force feed us these things.

It is up to us to act.

God does not force people against their will.

God's word is persuasive if we heed it, but God does not violate our free will.

God would not give us instruction on how to conduct our lives if we did not have the free will and ability to carry out His instructions. If God did it all, then why bother with scripture?
    You pervert the truth because you have no experience of the power of the evangelism. You've read about it. You've heard about it and you talk about it, but you haven't experienced the power therein. Everything you speak and post is done so parrot fashion. Repeating the sounds of words, but without knowing what they mean.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a spiritual laying hold and not physical or with outward works.
    And..... Answer the question.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And..... Answer the question.

No.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.
    So you admit that clinging to the cord of faith is doing something.

Good.... Progress

peace

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you admit that clinging to the cord of faith is doing something.

Good.... Progress

peace

Trust is not a cord.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,152 Times in 937 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, they were being "not slothful in business, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord" Romans 12:11
    It's not hard.
    THE LORD JESUS CHRIST IS RISEN. Matthew 28:6 (KJV) Mark 16:6 (KJV) Luke 24:6 (KJV)

Romans 10:9 (KJV) 1st Corinthians 15:14 (KJV)

Trevor: "I know how to drive, man."
    Ricky: "You also know how to be stupid."

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Indeed, they were being "not slothful in business, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord" Romans 12:11
    Correctly translated: "Not slothful in diligence: zealous in spirit; serving Adonay in season"

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Trust is not a cord.
    No it's a whip of the Almighty to crack backs! Ya mule, Ya!

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    And that is a lie.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust is not a cord.
    Do you deny we are to hold tenaciously to our faith/trust, and nothing else?

Do you believe that true faith/trust brings about faithfulness and reciprocal trust?

Jeremiah: 10. 16. The portion of Jacob is not like them: for he is the former of all things; and Israel is the rod of his inheritance: The LORD of hosts is his name. 17. Gather up thy wares out of the land, O inhabitant of the fortress. 18. For thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will sling out the inhabitants of the land at this once, and will distress them, that they may find it so. 19. Woe is me for my hurt! my wound is grievous: but I said, Truly this is a grief, and I must bear it. 20. My tabernacle is spoiled, and all my cords are broken: my children are gone forth of me, and they are not: there is none to stretch forth my tent any more, and to set up my curtains. 21. For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered. 22. Behold, the noise of the bruit is come, and a great commotion out of the north country, to make the cities of Judah desolate, and a den of dragons. 23. O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. 24. O LORD, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. 25. Pour out thy fury upon the heathen that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name: for they have eaten up Jacob, and devoured him, and consumed him, and have made his habitation desolate. - Bible Offline

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yet again you use scriptures as a drunken man uses lamp-posts... for support rather than illumination.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,230 Times in 1,608 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Epoisses View Post
    This is a really stupid thing to post . . .
    "The immutable God never learned anything and never changed his mind. He knew everything from eternity."

" The difference between faith and saving faith are the propositions believed."
    Gordon H. Clark

"If a man be lost, God must not have the blame for it; but if a man be saved, God must have the glory of it."
    Charles Spurgeon

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nang For Your Post:

Eagles Wings (June 22nd, 2017)

Thread Information