User Tag List

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Having received salvation, what is next?

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by popsthebuilder View Post
    So you make a division between the wheats and tares and another between the sheep and goats?

To me tare/ goat are the same; unbeliever.

And wheat/ sheep are the same; faithful believer.

What other distinctions do you make, and how do you see it as your duty to judge between them?

Thanks,

peace

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk
    They are different and mean different things.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Over 4000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,082 Times in 890 Posts

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Would you please show the difference you are speaking of with scriptural reference please, that I might learn?

peace

No setup, no trap, just curious where you are coming from.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 14,255 Times in 11,351 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

Not the response of a saint
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Not the response of a saint
    Everything I think, say and do is the response of a saint.

To the praise of the glory of His grace.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 1,079 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything I think, say and do is the response of a saint.
    "Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall." (Paul)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    "Therefore let him who thinks he stands take heed lest he fall." (Paul)
    I can only fall in grace and if I do it is in the will of the Father.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what is the best part of scripture who is a child of God to start reading and understanding?

The church epistles, Romans through Thessalonians.

Why?

Because that is where God had the apostle Paul expound on what God has done for us in Christ and our reasonable response in kind.

Ie, since Jesus died for us to pay for our sins, we should quit sinning.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

8. The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

popsthebuilder (June 16th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One example of quitting sinning is given in Ephesians 4:28

Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

If you were stealing, steal no more, not only completely quit stealing but work that which is good so that you can give to another who is in need.

That is turning your life around!

Romans 1-11 gives us information on what God has done for us.

Romans 12-16 gives us practical instruction on what God wants us to do for him and others.

For instance, Romans 5:1 tell us we have been justified and have peace with God.

God did that for us by the obedience of His son.

Romans 12:9 tells us to love without hypocrisy, abhorring evil and cleaving to the good.

That are actions we can decide to do

It does not say pray about, it does not say wait for God to do it for you, it says "do it"
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

10. The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

popsthebuilder (June 16th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another truth we can learn to incorporate into our lives is Romans 12:10 in regards to our relationships with other believers.

After all, Jesus Christ did not sacrifice his life any more or any less for one person or another.

He died for all, those who believe have received salvation and redemption as much as the next believer.

Romans 12:11 tells us we should get busy and stay busy spiritually fervent in serving the Lord.

If we are hating our brothers and sisters in Christ are we doing what Romans 12:11 instructs?

If we cannot be kind one to another where is this love for our brethren that distinguishes us from the world?

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ephesians 3:4 KJV tells us that when we read (scripture) we may understand Paul's knowledge of the mystery of Christ.

Is that a prerequisite for salvation? Nope.

Learning what that mystery is, the great mystery, tells us what we were saved to, and what is available to us as saved ones.

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can only fall in grace and if I do it is in the will of the Father.
    Fear not!

God is able to keep you from falling. Jude 24

However, you must choose to believe that promise for you to receive that promise.

Believe and you shall receive.

Mark 9:23, etc....

If you can believe.....

Can you believe?

Yes you can if you choose to.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

popsthebuilder (June 18th, 2017)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Fear not!

God is able to keep you from falling. Jude 24

However, you must choose to believe that promise for you to receive that promise.

Believe and you shall receive.

Mark 9:23, etc....

If you can believe.....

Can you believe?

Yes you can if you choose to.
    Try Romans 7 I know you won't understand it, but...

Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Try Romans 7 I know you won't understand it, but...
    Thank you!

Paul did not always achieve his goals, he found out that his flesh got in the way of achieving them even as Jesus Christ stated, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak

However, that does not negate our responsibility to believe God's words to the end we live them not as second nature, but first nature.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Thank you!

Paul did not always achieve his goals, he found out that his flesh got in the way of achieving them even as Jesus Christ stated, the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak

However, that does not negate our responsibility to believe God's words to the end we live them not as second nature, but first nature.
    I don't have a responsibility or duty to "believe" the word of Elohim. I trust Him and His word, unto myself and all the saints, implicitly. This is a spiritual endowment that you couldn't possibly comprehend. Whatever you do is a responsibility or duty, for us* it is as natural as breathing.

You have a speculative notion of Messiah, and a barren notion of grace.

us* The redeemed, regenerate and repentant sinners.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,255 Times in 11,351 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

This is a spiritual endowment that you couldn't possibly comprehend. Whatever you do is a responsibility or duty, for us* it is as natural as breathing.
    There's Bluster, tooting his own horn, bragging and boasting, condemning all of TOL
    1 Corinthians 15:1-2 KJV - 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV -

Colossians 1:13-14 KJV - Colossians 1:15-16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV -

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV - Colossians 1:23 KJV -

Colossians 1:25-26 KJV 27, 28, 29 - Ephesians 1:7 KJV - Ephesians 1:12-13, 14 -

Thread Information