User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Comey cleared Trump and implicated Clinton.

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,999 Times in 4,985 Posts

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rexlunae View Post
    And finally this: after today, you must reach one of two conclusions. Either Donald Trump is a liar, or James Comey is.
    Trump's own lawyers wouldn't meet alone with him, going by "the extraordinary steps Trump’s lawyers took to deal with his tenuous relationship with the truth."

In one document, bankruptcy attorney George Miller reveals that when meeting with Trump, “it’s always been our practice to make sure that two people are present, and we don’t have a problem with people lying.”

Miller calls Trump “an expert at interpreting things. Let’s put it that way.”

“We tried to [meet in pairs] with Donald always if we could because Donald says certain things and then has a lack of memory,” he says in the deposition.
    So keep your candles burning

a.k.a. starchild, starburst, stardust, sweetpea, and dumber than dirt.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annabenedetti For Your Post:

Arthur Brain (June 9th, 2017),Rusha (June 9th, 2017)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,574 Times in 13,015 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

No crime

Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,574 Times in 2,612 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Trump didn't break the law, plain and simple. Move on
    That is why Mueller was assigned to the case ... and will make the determination.
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

annabenedetti (June 9th, 2017),Arthur Brain (June 9th, 2017),commonsense (June 9th, 2017),rexlunae (June 9th, 2017),WizardofOz (June 13th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,926 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Trump is cleared by Comey but Fake News Rex just can't let it go.
    He wasn't "cleared". In fact, the appointment of a special council could imply that he came under investigation after Comey was fired, and Comey wouldn't know about that.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

annabenedetti (June 9th, 2017),Rusha (June 9th, 2017),WizardofOz (June 13th, 2017)

Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,644 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    That is why Mueller was assigned to the case ... and will make the determination.
    But you guys have already convicted Trump of a crime, hence the reason yall want him impeached...
    If any of my views seem to be strange or new to you, it is to be hoped that you will not close your mind to them, but will emulate the noble Bereans, and not only read and study the chapters would discuss, but will also search the Scriptures to see whether these things be so.

Resident Rocket Surgeon rocketman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,724 Times in 1,208 Posts

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that's one of the things you can believe. I think it's a crazy conclusion to reach.
    I can't see how any other conclusion based on fact can be reached, unless of course you are still subscribing to the fictional narratives of the left & their surrogate media. They have been positing this Russia collusion nonsense for six moths and had it deep sixed in a matter of minutes...

I don't see how it broke the law.

1. It's not clear that it's a government document.
    2. It's not classified.
    3. It's not subject to privilege.

I don't see why he didn't have every right to give it to anyone he likes.
    Well he doesn't have the right to disclose anything, nor does any federal employee, whether it was classified or not. There is no such thing as personal property including memos that are private when created in an official capacity and to disclose any of it especially to people outside of the government is a crime... he did, and yes it very well may become a problem for him. 18 U.S. Code § 641 read it!

I would agree that Comet's testimony reflected poorly on Lunch. But I still don't see the crime. Can you explain that?
    I just did but, this legal publication explains it better...http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/jame...-be-a-problem/

The fact remains that Comey was charged with finding leakers, and ironically we find he is one of them, I am sure that people in the DOJ want to know if this was a pattern with him, what else he may have leaked, Comey's problems may have just started though admittedly the punishment has already been served, the man was fired and now publicly shamed.

Did I miss something?
    None of these cases has been adjudicated, especially Clinton, their foundation, the ties to the Obama administration, domestic spying & unmasking of American citizens all of which are still investigations in play. I am sure they are being reviewed by the DOJ & reinvestigated by FBI as required...it aint a settled matter. Comey's admissions of the goings on with Lynch just made him look more dubious...like I said it aint over.

You make the same error Trump does. It means next to nothing that Trump personally wasn't formally under investigation. His campaign and his close associates definitely are, perhaps including Jeff Sessions. That could come down on Trump's head in a moment. The well is far from dry. On the contrary, there was much to suggest that it's a gusher today.
    Yet, Comey said the rabbit hole that you lefties are going down with this separate Russian collusion investigation is based in fallacy. I say let the investigation continue so, their will be more egg on the face of the left & their media mouthpieces, along with more wasted time, proving that the left is bankrupt in the arena of ideas, and have no solutions to the problems facing the nation but, the same old, same old.
    The winner of the 2011 Truthsmacker of the Year Award

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums...pictureid=3504

Help Take Back Our Country from Washington D.C.. with the Convention of States

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rocketman For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (June 13th, 2017),Tambora (June 14th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,947 Times in 6,964 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    Watching the McCain questions was painful...
    The sooner that left wing liberal is gone, the better.
    Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nick M For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (June 13th, 2017),Tambora (June 14th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,926 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    I can't see how any other conclusion based on fact can be reached, unless of course you are still subscribing to the fictional narratives of the left & their surrogate media. They have been positing this Russia collusion nonsense for six moths and had it deep sixed in a matter of minutes...
    It's never been "deep-sixed", and the indications only get stronger.

Well he doesn't have the right to disclose anything, nor does any federal employee, whether it was classified or not.
    18 U.S. Code § 641 read it!
    You might want to reread that statute a bit, because it doesn't say what you think it does. Here it is, in relevant part:

Whoever embezzles, steals, purloins, or knowingly converts to his use or the use of another, or without authority, sells, conveys or disposes of any record, voucher, money, or thing of value of the United States or of any department or agency thereof, or any property made or being made under contract for the United States or any department or agency thereof;
    Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; but if the value of such property in the aggregate, combining amounts from all the counts for which the defendant is convicted in a single case, does not exceed the sum of $1,000, he shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/641, emphasis added.

I think even you would agree that the memos weren't stolen, as they were created by Comey.

So, assuming that it is a public record, which is a big assumption (see below, no need to raise your objection at this point), you have to show that the release was unauthorized. See, federal departments give out records all the time, but they do have the right to establish rules for how that can occur. Various agencies and departments generally establish their own guidelines for how this can be done, but in general, especially with an organization as independent as the FBI, this happens under the general direction of the head of the department, i.e., James Comey. And given that he seems to have created these memos for the express purpose of being released to the public, I see no reason following through on that intent would be illegal.

There is no such thing as personal property including memos that are private when created in an official capacity and to disclose any of it especially to people outside of the government is a crime... he did, and yes it very well may become a problem for him.
    It's broadly true that documents created as part of the government's business are official records, {and I'm guessing that's where you'll stop reading...} although it's possible that a department could create a policy to carve out a niche for reasonable exceptions. What constitutes a public record actually involves a fair amount of judgement on the part of the public servant, and it's not out of the question that a government lawyer could be given the right to keep private personal notes to protect their own legal interests as they perform their jobs. And what's legal to disclose publicly, privately, or in some other form depends entirely on department policies unless some classification applies to it.

I just did but, this legal publication explains it better...http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/jame...-be-a-problem/
    Except that it points out that it "could" be a government record, not that it is, and it says that it could be considered evidence, which is also true, but since he hasn't been subpoenaed for it as far as we know, so he isn't obligated to retain it, and since he seems to have coordinated with Robert Mueller prior to testifying and handed over the memos he still has, there's no legitimate complaint that he's mishandled it. Maybe you could complain that he should have handed the memo he leaked over, I would assume that he and Mueller have talked about that and Comey has satisfied any demands Mueller might have made.

None of these cases has been adjudicated, especially Clinton, their foundation, the ties to the Obama administration, domestic spying & unmasking of American citizens all of which are still investigations in play. I am sure they are being reviewed by the DOJ & reinvestigated by FBI as required...it aint a settled matter. Comey's admissions of the goings on with Lynch just made him look more dubious...like I said it aint over.
    It's also irrelevant to this case.

Yet, Comey said the rabbit hole that you lefties are going down with this separate Russian collusion investigation is based in fallacy.
    No, he didn't. As I pointed out, the fact that Trump wasn't personally being investigated while Comey was at the FBI means next to nothing given the fires burning around him, and his dismissal of Comey could well have triggered an investigation that Comey couldn't have testified to since he was out of office.

I say let the investigation continue so, their will be more egg on the face of the left & their media mouthpieces, along with more wasted time, proving that the left is bankrupt in the arena of ideas, and have no solutions to the problems facing the nation but, the same old, same old.
    Great. We'll take that risk.
    Last edited by rexlunae; June 9th, 2017 at 11:53 PM.
    Global warming denialists are like gravity denialists piloting a helicopter, determined to prove a point. We may not have time to actually persuade them of their mistake.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rexlunae For Your Post:

annabenedetti (June 9th, 2017),Arthur Brain (June 10th, 2017),Rusha (June 9th, 2017)

Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,574 Times in 2,612 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And finally this: after today, you must reach one of two conclusions. Either Donald Trump is a liar, or James Comey is.
    Well considering the that one whopper that Comey put out there .... you know the birtherism lie ... oh wait, that was Donald.
    As a nation, we began by declaring that "all men are created equal." We now practically read it "all men are created equal, except negroes."
    When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read "all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics."
    When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty
    -- to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.
    - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, letter to Joshua F. Speed, August 22, 1855

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

annabenedetti (June 9th, 2017),Arthur Brain (June 10th, 2017),rexlunae (June 9th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,209 Times in 1,213 Posts

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Mueller's lawyer build-up raises flags for Trump allies

Special counsel Robert Mueller is said to be building out his investigative team with some of the country’s best legal minds, in a development that speaks to the seriousness of the Russia probe but also is raising red flags on the pro-Trump side...

...recent hires show Mueller is building a formidable team, poised to either root out wrongdoing or prove the Trump team’s claims that there’s no ‘there there.’

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WizardofOz For Your Post:

annabenedetti (June 13th, 2017),Rusha (June 13th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,385 Posts

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WizardofOz View Post
    Mueller's lawyer build-up raises flags for Trump allies

Special counsel Robert Mueller is said to be building out his investigative team with some of the country’s best legal minds, in a development that speaks to the seriousness of the Russia probe but also is raising red flags on the pro-Trump side...

...recent hires show Mueller is building a formidable team, poised to either root out wrongdoing or prove the Trump team’s claims that there’s no ‘there there.’
    Maybe that's why there was a report that Trump might shut Mueller down.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kmoney For Your Post:

Rusha (June 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    Maybe that's why there was a report that Trump might shut Mueller down.
    Exactly. Which is why I asked resident Trump fanboy, @patrick jane, how that would benefit Trump. What does he have to gain by shutting Mueller down?
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

― Theodore Roosevelt

22. The Following User Says Thank You to WizardofOz For Your Post:

Rusha (June 13th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,385 Posts

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. Which is why I asked resident Trump fanboy, @patrick jane, how that would benefit Trump. What does he have to gain by shutting Mueller down?
    Praise from Trumpers?

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kmoney For Your Post:

Rusha (June 14th, 2017),WizardofOz (June 13th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmoney View Post
    Praise from Trumpers?
    Fanboys like @patrick jane will praise Trump for going potty by himself. He can do no wrong in their eyes.

― Theodore Roosevelt

26. The Following User Says Thank You to WizardofOz For Your Post:

Rusha (June 14th, 2017)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,877 Times in 3,673 Posts

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ... Trump ... going potty by himself.

fake news

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

ClimateSanity (June 13th, 2017),WizardofOz (June 13th, 2017)

Thread Information