Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Anyone Explain 'Why gay marriage?'

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by intojoy View Post
    Do you know where the g spot on a faggot is? Right at the tip of a pile of crap
    This stuff must swirl around inside your mind...... perpetually.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eider For Your Post:

annabenedetti (June 9th, 2017),Rusha (June 8th, 2017)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eider View Post
    This stuff must swirl around inside your mind...... perpetually.
    Well, got you laughing

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gays are not the ones to define the term 'marriage'.
    Governments and religions are doing that.

Like could happen today.
    The Scottish Episcopal Church leaders are meeting in Edinburgh today to debate and vote on the question of 'should this church accept gay marriages?'
    It could vote against the proposal, but the mere fact that it is meeting to make such a vote should show you how many Creeds and Churches are moving towards gay marriage.
    Creeds and churches have fallen away from the authoritative teaching of scripture: they are mere man made entities, and their acceptance of gay marriage never justifies the practice or change the true traditional meaning of marriage.

Governments and some churches are responding to the gay movement for marriage equality.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BoyStan For Your Post:

shopkinslpskids (July 16th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyStan View Post
    Creeds and churches have fallen away from the authoritative teaching of scripture: they are mere man made entities, and their acceptance of gay marriage never justifies the practice or change the true traditional meaning of marriage.
    But that's just your 'man-made' opinion.
    And so Christianity is moving towards the light, whilst you will be left hiding in the darkness.

Governments and some churches are responding to the gay movement for marriage equality.
    Excellent!
    You got something right.
    And Jesus would not object to this at all.
    ....or can you quote from the words of Jesus to the contrary? I think not.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to eider For Your Post:

Rusha (June 8th, 2017)

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidK View Post
    Let's be real. It's actually about the person you wish to spend your life having sex with, and having everyone recognize it as legit.
    Is that why your parents got married?

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrDante For Your Post:

eider (June 8th, 2017),Rusha (June 8th, 2017)

Over 2000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glassjester View Post
    But that's different!
    It was also a crime to teach blacks to read and for women to own property.

Do you miss those days?

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrDante For Your Post:

annabenedetti (June 9th, 2017),eider (June 8th, 2017),Rusha (June 8th, 2017)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MrDante View Post
    It was also a crime to teach blacks to read and for women to own property.

Do you miss those days?
    Yes

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Thanks
    Thanked 18,615 Times in 10,550 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    So the only reason ANY couple marries is so that others see their private, sexual relationship as legit. Do you find that a decent reason for heterosexuals to marry?Good thing love has nothing to do with marriage.
    Gen 2:18-25 (KJV)
    (2:18) And the LORD God said, [It is] not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. (2:19) And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought [them] unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that [was] the name thereof. (2:20) And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. (2:21) And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; (2:22) And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. (2:23) And Adam said, This [is] now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man. (2:24) Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. (2:25) And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

It's God's way, that's why. It's just that simple

Love is not about sex, marriage is.

We should love everyone, but we should not have sex with all of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

Lon (June 8th, 2017),shopkinslpskids (July 16th, 2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,727 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    Sin is a religious concept.
    No, it is not. You are against abortion - sin. You are against murder - sin.
    Sexual predation is sin. See RightDivider just ▲above▲ me too.

You really need to re-think God in your life, Rusha. He is there, never silent.
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (June 9th, 2017),shopkinslpskids (July 16th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

But that's just your 'man-made' opinion.
    And so Christianity is moving towards the light, whilst you will be left hiding in the darkness.

Excellent!
    You got something right.
    And Jesus would not object to this at all.
    ....or can you quote from the words of Jesus to the contrary? I think not.
    Romans 1:28,32

Go figure a worldly man thinking he's a Christian

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

shopkinslpskids (July 16th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    No, it is not. You are against abortion - sin. You are against murder - sin.
    Sexual predation is sin. See RightDivider just ▲above▲ me too.

You really need to re-think God in your life, Rusha. He is there, never silent.
    Rusha was right.
    Breaking any of the laws of Moses could cause sickness, weakness, break down in tribe cohesion etc. Keeping the laws of Moses, any of the laws, including the 96 sacrificial laws, lead to a stronger, healthier, closer, more successful nation.

To break the laws (sin) lead to sickness. But Jesus repealed over 100 of these laws, and so you cannot hold on to them all now.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to eider For Your Post:

Rusha (June 8th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Rusha was right.
    Breaking any of the laws of Moses could cause sickness, weakness, break down in tribe cohesion etc. Keeping the laws of Moses, any of the laws, including the 96 sacrificial laws, lead to a stronger, healthier, closer, more successful nation.
    Congratulations. You are a humanist, not a Christian. A Rationalist, not a man of faith. Why? Because you major on "Love man" and minor on "Love God." It is just secular humanism dressed up and hopeful of an ideal you like to call "Christianity." You and I will only have one master. We cannot undo scriptures.

To break the laws (sin) lead to sickness. But Jesus repealed over 100 of these laws, and so you cannot hold on to them all now.
    Nope. This again is secular humanism against Biblical and Spiritual understanding. Liberal churches are cults, not Christians. I come from that background. There is no 'loving your neighbor' if you choose against what is 'best' for them. It is just secular humanism with pie-in-the-sky ideals. It isn't Christianity.

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (June 9th, 2017),Ask Mr. Religion (June 8th, 2017),Eagles Wings (June 8th, 2017),shopkinslpskids (July 16th, 2017)

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,579 Times in 1,164 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    so you think the government should have no role to play in controlling sexual behavior?
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Just what role would the government play in controlling sexual behavior between consenting adults in a nation of 330 million Americans?
    Quote Originally Posted by patrick jane View Post
    Only 4% of which are gay
    "Ok doser" did not specify as to whether the "government should have no role to play in controlling sexual behaviour" that was straight, gay or otherwise!

Even if government were to limit itself to controlling sexual behaviour among gays, that still represents approximately 9 to 10 million Americans!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jgarden For Your Post:

annabenedetti (June 9th, 2017),Rusha (June 8th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lon
    Congratulations. You are a humanist, not a Christian. A Rationalist, not a man of faith. Why? Because you major on "Love man" and minor on "Love God." It is just secular humanism dressed up and hopeful of an ideal you like to call "Christianity." You and I will only have one master. We cannot undo scriptures.
    Funny that you think you get to decide what 'Christianity TM' is. Add in your naive and simplistic, not to mention selective, understanding of scripture, completely devoid of both any form of contemporary theological thinking and willfully ignorant of every form of well established historical-critical biblical scholarship. That aside, your view of the scriptures would have had to condemn the New testament when it was new and fresh. You enjoy the benefit of being so far away the canonization of the New testament that you unproblematically just assume its scripture. That of course wasn't obvious for the early church. Given your scriptural hermeneutic, you would have to exclude it. None of the evangelists employ these simplistic literalist readings of the scriptures, they employ obvious typological and allegorical readings of scripture, readings that are indefensible with a literalist approach to scripture (Case in point: Matthew's application of the Old testament to portray Christ as the fulfilment of Old testament prophecies).

Nope. This again is secular humanism against Biblical and Spiritual understanding. Liberal churches are cults, not Christians. I come from that background. There is no 'loving your neighbor' if you choose against what is 'best' for them. It is just secular humanism with pie-in-the-sky ideals. It isn't Christianity.
    Once again, you just assume the power of definition. He disagrees with me, so not only must he be a liberal. I suspect your actual understanding and knowledge of liberal theology is close to zero, it is just an empty demonizing label used by anti-intellectual groups within American forms of modern Christianity today. Of course, feel free to actually provide an intellectually informed criticism liberal Christianity by providing us with an intelligent criticism of the theological method of Friedrich Schleiermacher and the principles and results of modern biblical scholarship that isn't just a regression to fideism and anti-intellectualism.

And how is he secular? Humanist perhaps, but humanism can be Christian. 'Spiritual understanding' seems to just be a nicer phrase for fideism and anti-intellectual forms of religion. 'Biblical understanding' is incoherent (see above), or mostly just a hollow power rhetoric on your part, that attempts to label your opponents as heretics and unbelievers tout court.

All in all, typical of the theologically vapid forms of religion you find in so much of evangelical Christianity today, which implicitly claims that ceasing to think is an all important Christian virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by glassjester
    Take away the physical aspect of the relationship, and there's no difference between a married couple and life-long roommates.
    That is just ridiculous. How about their physical relationship being an expression of a loving relationship. A loving relationship isn't reducible to that of two roommates.
    "By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace." (Luke 1:78-79)

The Light Eternal, breaking through,
    the world to gleam anew;
    His beams have pierced the core of night,
    He makes us children of the light.

-Martin Luther

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Selaphiel For Your Post:

annabenedetti (June 9th, 2017)

Thanks

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Selaphiel View Post
    Funny that you think you get to decide what 'Christianity TM' is.
    No, not funny at all. A Christian FOLLOWS Christ. If you don't, or have people as more important, you aren't. It is as simple as that. Sorry to burst that little bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Selaphiel View Post
    Add in your naive and simplistic, not to mention selective, understanding of scripture, completely devoid of both any form of contemporary theological thinking and willfully ignorant of every form of well established historical-critical biblical scholarship.
    IOW, Humanism. Yeah, that isn't "Christ"ianity. It is "Human"ism, political, and secular. You can call yourself a duck after that. Just because one quacks, does not a duck make. ONLY God can make a Christian.

That aside, your view of the scriptures would have had to condemn the New testament when it was new and fresh. You enjoy the benefit of being so far away the canonization of the New testament that you unproblematically just assume its scripture.
    It is much more confirmed than that, but you are correct, "Unproblematic."

That of course wasn't obvious for the early church. Given your scriptural hermeneutic, you would have to exclude it. None of the evangelists employ these simplistic literalist readings of the scriptures, they employ obvious typological and allegorical readings of scripture, readings that are indefensible with a literalist approach to scripture (Case in point: Matthew's application of the Old testament to portray Christ as the fulfilment of Old testament prophecies).
    Says the secular humanist bible corrector. Such is NOT Christianity because you have nobody to follow. A Christian follow Christ. Where do you learn or know about Him? --> Scriptures. A Christian esteems scriptures as the source of his Christianity. Not into them? --> Not a Christian then. Sorry, you are more a John Lennonian than a Christian at that point. All you need is love. It is secular humanism, NOT Christianity. Simply say "I love the Beatles" and leave it at that.

Once again, you just assume the power of definition.
    Of course. Christianity, by definition, has Christ at the pinnacle. There is NO place else we find Him other than in Scriptures. There is not sense anyone is a Christian without Christ as the center of his/her being.
    Perhaps "Christianish" or "somewhat associated" would be better labels for you

He disagrees with me, so not only must he be a liberal. I suspect your actual understanding and knowledge of liberal theology is close to zero, it is just an empty demonizing label used by anti-intellectual groups within American forms of modern Christianity today. Of course, feel free to actually provide an intellectually informed criticism liberal Christianity by providing us with an intelligent criticism of the theological method of Friedrich Schleiermacher and the principles and results of modern biblical scholarship that isn't just a regression to fideism and anti-intellectualism.
    Grew up in that church. Dead bones are dead bones. I'm WELL acquainted. There is no sense they are Christian. They are secular humanists with little Christianish adherence.

And how is he secular? Humanist perhaps, but humanism can be Christian. 'Spiritual understanding' seems to just be a nicer phrase for fideism and anti-intellectual forms of religion. 'Biblical understanding' is incoherent (see above), or mostly just a hollow power rhetoric on your part, that attempts to label your opponents as heretics and unbelievers tout court.
    No, a humanist is sociologically interested and vested. Yes God told us to love our neighbor and do good. No, your only duty is not man, but a relationship with God, reading your bible daily, praying, seeking Him, loving Him. Anything else is BUT humanism without the "Christian" part.

All in all, typical of the theologically vapid forms of religion you find in so much of evangelical Christianity today, which implicitly claims that ceasing to think is an all important Christian virtue.
    Nope. I won't toot my own horn after that...at least not this post.
    I don't find humanism but emoting THEN thinking about what they prefer in their emotes. Christianity requires one takes up his/her cross.

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lon For Your Post:

Angel4Truth (June 9th, 2017),Ask Mr. Religion (June 8th, 2017),Eagles Wings (June 8th, 2017),shopkinslpskids (July 16th, 2017)

Thread Information