User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81

Thread: Repentance is given by the Saviour !

  1. #61
    TOL Subscriber musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22,202
    Thanks
    4,462
    Thanked 20,974 Times in 11,987 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147771
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Amen Brother, God doesn't want the non-elect goats to repent of their sins, for He Created them as Vessels of Wrath and is fitting them for destruction per Rom. 9:22; Mat. 25:41.

    Repentance is only in view of remission of sins Luke 24:47 given to those Christ died for, His Sheep John 10:11; 15 !
    You blaspheme the God of grace by denying the blood of His Son to most of humanity and He intended it for anyone, not just you.


    Enjoy the Lake of Fire.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  2. #62
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,536
    Thanks
    2,555
    Thanked 888 Times in 855 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    26543
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    In light of repentance being of Christ and His Saving prerogative, it's not scriptural to make it a condition for sinners to perform in order to get saved.

    So true ! Those Christ is Saviour to, He also gives them of His Spirit which produces in them both Faith and Repentance Rom. 8:9: The New Heart He gives each one of them as a Saviour should:

    Ezek. 36:26-27

    26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

    27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (February 2nd, 2019)

  4. #63
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    So true ! Those Christ is Saviour to, He also gives them of His Spirit which produces in them both Faith and Repentance Rom. 8:9: The New Heart He gives each one of them as a Saviour should:

    Ezek. 36:26-27

    26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

    27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
    Doesn’t seem too efficient having to replace a heart He should have put in there to start with as well THEY WERE CREATED ELECTED...just have them born perfect already...skip that transplanting step...that need for repentance part even...heck how about just make people born perfect so no need to sacrifice begotten Son?

    No need to make all people perfect keep some to torment forever just cuz well apparently that’s what He wants to do...

    Oh and do the elected not goats walk in ALL my statutes and keep ALL judgements and DO ALL? AND Because they were created to do so?

    Or a different set not dispensed to them initially but later...

    I mean which set are we elected raptured from here...the OT set or kingdom set or the body of christ set?

  5. #64
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,301
    Thanks
    738
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,751 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47791
    Like Faith, True Repentance is from a Spiritual Source, its the Gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast. Repentance thats towards God can be that which leadeth to Godly sorrow 2 Cor 7:10

    For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

    So this being true, this type of repentance in regards to salvation is from a godly source ! That godly source cant be out from the flesh of sinful man, which I believe can only worketh or lead to death !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    Nanja (February 3rd, 2019)

  7. #65
    TOL Subscriber musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22,202
    Thanks
    4,462
    Thanked 20,974 Times in 11,987 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147771
    The capacity for repentance - changing the mind - is built into all humans by God.

    The capacity for faith - believing something - is built into all humans by God.

    That is the ONLY way God could justly condemn people -- if they CHOOSE to refuse to change their minds and CHOOSE to refuse to believe what He wants believed.

    If they have no choice, God is a liar and worse than Satan for damning them for what He made them unable to do.

    Calvinists slander and blaspheme God.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (February 2nd, 2019)

  9. #66
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Like Faith, True Repentance is from a Spiritual Source, its the Gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast. Repentance thats towards God can be that which leadeth to Godly sorrow 2 Cor 7:10

    For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

    So this being true, this type of repentance in regards to salvation is from a godly source ! That godly source cant be out from the flesh of sinful man, which I believe can only worketh or lead to death !
    Yes yes...come out with it all ready...how does one on which the godly source repented even saved NOT live a goat life?

    What does that look like? And for how long? At the moment or the rest of the race of life...the good fight...do they obey to receive the Holy Spirit? obey what? Are they led by the Spirit to imitate the ONE who repented them and saved them? Or just kinda...

    And why at all if it is indeed all a done deal already anyhow?

  10. #67
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    The capacity for repentance - changing the mind - is built into all humans by God.

    The capacity for faith - believing something - is built into all humans by God.

    That is the ONLY way God could justly condemn people -- if they CHOOSE to refuse to change their minds and CHOOSE to refuse to believe what He wants believed.

    If they have no choice, God is a liar and worse than Satan for damning them for what He made them unable to do.

    Calvinists slander and blaspheme God.
    Hear Hear...even Satan couldn’t believe the penalty for eating forbidden fruit...death? ETERNAL TORMENT?

    I mean Satan had just led 1/3 of the angels in open war and direct rebellion and was given a planet to rule...of course God was Merciful and Gracious and allowed some choice...death sentence because of fruit? Unthinkable...

  11. #68
    TOL Subscriber musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22,202
    Thanks
    4,462
    Thanked 20,974 Times in 11,987 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147771
    It wasn't about the fruit.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  12. #69
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    It wasn't about the fruit.
    Is exactly why we WANT to keep the law to obey...the external reveals the internal...the physical realm the spiritual

    It is indeed not what goes in a man that makes him unclean...but that in taking in something unclean it reveals the uncleanliness of the mind and heart that would allow one to choose to partake of something unclean...

    What grace! what sacrament! that He gave us shadows/laws/tools to reveal what lies within our deceptive inner man of the flesh...

    And we would dare think those shadows/laws/tools changed or abolished or NOT DISPENSED TO US? As if we are free to choose whatever whenever?

  13. #70
    TOL Subscriber musterion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22,202
    Thanks
    4,462
    Thanked 20,974 Times in 11,987 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147771
    Yep.

    Such is grace.
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

    [most will be very surprised]


    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

  14. #71
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,536
    Thanks
    2,555
    Thanked 888 Times in 855 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    26543
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Like Faith, True Repentance is from a Spiritual Source, its the Gift of God, not of works lest any man should boast. Repentance thats towards God can be that which leadeth to Godly sorrow 2 Cor 7:10

    For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

    So this being true, this type of repentance in regards to salvation is from a godly source ! That godly source cant be out from the flesh of sinful man, which I believe can only worketh or lead to death !

    Exactly, without Christ and His Spirit in us, given in New Birth John 3:3, we can do nothing as Jesus says in John 15:5; also Rom. 8:8. We are helpless, totally unable to turn ourselves Prov. 16:25; but when the Spirit of Christ comes into one with His Life Rom. 8:9, He turns us !

    Jer. 31:19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

    beloved57 (February 2nd, 2019)

  16. #72
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Exactly, without Christ and His Spirit in us, given in New Birth John 3:3, we can do nothing as Jesus says in John 15:5; also Rom. 8:8. We are helpless, totally unable to turn ourselves Prov. 16:25; but when the Spirit of Christ comes into one with His Life Rom. 8:9, He turns us !

    Jer. 31:19 Surely after that I was turned, I repented; and after that I was instructed, I smote upon my thigh: I was ashamed, yea, even confounded, because I did bear the reproach of my youth.
    Excuse me please...was wondering if you could describe what that repented life looks like...that turned life...that not goat life...

    What did you turn from and to what did you turn to?

    Oh and that repented life from what? why did you repent? did you want to? Were you forced to?

    Thanks

  17. #73
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,301
    Thanks
    738
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,751 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47791
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Excuse me please...was wondering if you could describe what that repented life looks like...that turned life...that not goat life...

    What did you turn from and to what did you turn to?

    Oh and that repented life from what? why did you repent? did you want to? Were you forced to?

    Thanks
    We are not here to talk about ourselves. You are always man centered in your comments !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    Nanja (February 3rd, 2019)

  19. #74
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    We are not here to talk about ourselves. You are always man centered in your comments !
    We?

    How many of you does that include?

    Man centered?

    Well that is who is selected and repented upon right? I mean we don’t include animals or house plants do we?

    I just want a standard to base what that life looks like...that turned, repented, saved, Christ centered life...so I know what to look for to know who is and who is not...

    For instance are we allowed to lie or deceive or add/subtract to the Word?

    Feel free to show you work...include citation and sources too...

  20. #75
    Over 5000 post club
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,739
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 471 Times in 432 Posts

    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    3680
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Yep.

    Such is grace.

    So since you received grace which laws do you choose to believe? Which faith you follow?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us